2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I obviously missed a bombshell :innocent: this afternoon.
I think the Jurors that I listened to had common sense. Enough common sense that no matter what kind of hifalutin' experts the Defense drags in to say she was grieving in an alternate manner- no one will believe it.
What caused the years of lies and aberrant behavior all the years before Caylee died? Oh, right, that was GA's fault!

No no ZsaZsa - I corrected that a few pages back - LKB said the Defense will bomb in court today - no bombshell....LOL
Or at least I bet that's what she is saying NOW....

here's my :twocents:

JB is not going to pursue the abuse excuse. He has not been able to go anywhere with that one because it didn't happen. So the dt is going to sort of quietly let that business go by the way side. Now if we are not gonna poo on that particular pot after all, we must explain that 31 days somehow. This explains why we have this eleventh hour attempt at getting in this "grief expert". She is the DT's last ditch effort of explaining that 31 day and all the sleepovers, shopping, partying etc. It was her grief that made her do that, she was in denial. So bereft at the loss of her little Caylee, that her poor fractured mind just could not cope.

This expert, IMO, is the evidence that JB realizes the abuse excuse aint gonna fly.

So basically, per Angrand v Key, the judge is saying that the expert must testify to something that an ordinary person would know nothing about, i.e. scientific knowledge of a subject. They have to give testimony that will help the trier of facts. If the jury is capable of forming an opinion on it's own, without the expert's opinion, then that expert will not be allowed to testify. I think the judge is thinking that most, if not all, of these jurors have basic knowledge and/or experience with grieving and don't need an expert's testimony to come to conclusions about KC's grief. He is willing to hear what she has to say though. Just my interpretation. I could be completely off base here.

Thank you , Very True I don't Know that either....

So, I can speak of her then...:rocker: LOL

I just hope she clears up the difference in:

Grieving after you murder your child (ICA)

Verses

Grieving after your child has died of a horrible accident...

Maybe you should give her a call (or an email) and explain the error in her ways. We know you can!!

Yes, the 2nd mistrial declaration.

Everyone heard my client and her family (that she is afraid of and abused by) call me a jockey. :floorlaugh:

Sorry JB, but everyone calls their attorneys names, even the good attorneys. Have a nice trial. :)

21Merc7 - hasn't there been about five calls for a mistrial? I know Mason did a couple and Baez two or three - I believe we are up to at least five...:waitasec:

Does anybody know where I can find out what Lippman said to the media today about JB ???

You got it tlcox!

That is why the opening statement was all over the place. Room to move. Change it as the trial goes.

I still think the jurors have more collective common sense than that though.

The new "expert" witness that will probably never make it there? I don't see this flying. JB is squirming around psych evals for some reason. Judge P knows that.

Isn't it because they found nothing wrong with her. Per the A's attorney and that is when they decided to throw GA under the freight train.

She's not insane. Initial psych eval proved that, so did a couple of experts for the DT that they nixed. No insanity defense. They are trying in a "backwards sort of way" to say something is wrong with her mind, but she is not insane. That is not going to fly either, once the jurors digest all this balogna. And, they have 2 months to do so, all by themselves no less.

I agree with you that she is not insane. All I am saying is that her behavior might have been better explained by Trying an insanity defense than the road they are currently traveling. It may not have worked but they would look a bit more credible that the drivel they are spewing right now.

Thank you for your comment though and I appreciate that I was able to clarify my comment. :)

I just watched the YouTube video posted about this newest "expert", and equally important, I read the information below it called "About The Talker".

These words spoke loudly to me:

"Dr. Karioth will remind all of us that our work is to help the helpless"

I would very much like to ask the good doctor if she's ever looked into the eyes of Caylee Marie Anthony and if she is aware of how many layers of duct tape were wrapped around that beautiful little face?

here's my :twocents:

JB is not going to pursue the abuse excuse. He has not been able to go anywhere with that one because it didn't happen. So the dt is going to sort of quietly let that business go by the way side. Now if we are not gonna poo on that particular pot after all, we must explain that 31 days somehow. This explains why we have this eleventh hour attempt at getting in this "grief expert". She is the DT's last ditch effort of explaining that 31 day and all the sleepovers, shopping, partying etc. It was her grief that made her do that, she was in denial. So bereft at the loss of her little Caylee, that her poor fractured mind just could not cope.

This expert, IMO, is the evidence that JB realizes the abuse excuse aint gonna fly.

How is he going to take it back? That was all he had...

Does this woman have any prior experience as an expert witness? I realize there is always a first time, but usually I would think one would start out on a smaller profile case.

She hasn't written anything in over 5 years. She is in a little Youtube movie. They should just show that.

21Merc7 - hasn't there been about five calls for a mistrial? I know Mason did a couple and Baez two or three - I believe we are up to at least five...:waitasec:

OOh, maybe I missed some, darn it, working gets in the way of watching. Thank you! :blowkiss:

I also want to chuckle about something someone posted in regards to ICA using the word "Jesus." The one and only time in my life I ever got hit in the face was by my mother. I said "Cheeses" but she thought I said "Jesus." She smacked me right across the face. I have never said his name out loud again.

Anybody else get a visceral satisfaction from using "quotes" now? Is it just me? LOL

I am that poster and I feel guilty just laughing at your post.

Being brought up in a protestant church we were taught to never, ever, ever, ever use the Lord's name in vain. It still makes me cringe when I hear it used in that manner.

Does this woman have any prior experience as an expert witness? I realize there is always a first time, but usually I would think one would start out on a smaller profile case.

She hasn't written anything in over 5 years. She is in a little Youtube movie. They should just show that.

Does she have a PhD in grief counseling?

Sorry...no offense to you, but, I think she's trying to be a stand up comedian....."did ya hear the one about the lying child murderer who pokes herself in the eye to cry??? And the buffoon who keeps asking for a mistrial????"...."I tell ya..I get no respect"....what a pleasure SHE'LL be on the witness stand.....

Sorry, again...this is just soooo beyond ridiculous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela