2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB- Is hoping the jury will think KC is ill, even if he can't do it. Just want the sympathy from jury, so they won't convict.

But wait we still have the jail house tapes. The one video with her showing her fists and making the faces and having a melt down is powerful. It shows that she has a horrible temper.

OH YES!!!! and we will have a BBQ when it comes.... should have.. like most if not all stated... been an insanity case... and yes... the cops going at her were still trying to find KLE and SHE was the only one with the answers!!!!! they had no choice and no one else hopeing to get some answers.. hopeing to find KLE..... they kept on kept on kep on!!! and she just kept on and kept on and kept on..... all they had was this psycho!!

I forsee lots of running jokes today about sitting on imaginary people.

JB cannot use insanity or anything close to it. If there are no psych reports to state that and the forensic psychologists to back it up it cannot be used. KC did not meet McNaughten. In other words, she is not insane, was not insane at the time of the crime either. She knows what she is doing and is what she has done in the past. She is competent.

Any mental issues must have reports and experts.

We'll have to see how JB tries to sneak any claims in and the Judge has to put a stop to his nonsense.

If Jose Baez reads here, I hope he understands what a mess he is making of this trial; how much he is not liked; how his grilling of innocent witnesses is putting off everyone; and how he is actually hurting his guilty client as much as her own bad behavior.

If Jose backed off a bit, he could have gotten LWOP. At this point, as far as I'm concerned, he has ensured the DP for Casey. (Which is fine with me.)

If I say any more I'll be in trouble so I'm zipping my lip. Or ... lips, since I have two. :)

That whole interview made my kidneys hurt. I need a nap to recover.

sheesh:banghead:

Please, help!! I had to miss where they played the interview at Universal ... is there a link to watch it with it that includes a Casey Cam? I MUST see her reaction!!!

Thanks!

I am starting to think JB is mentally ill. Seriously, folks. I don't want to see this drag on forever, as much as all of you want it over, but what is going on? How many people are on that defense team? If this isn't ineffective, I don't know what is. And I have no idea how Yuri didn't burst out laughing on the stand when he said this bit about Zanny. I don't even know what to say. Just when you think that the crazy is going to be over or at least calm down, now she's sees invisible nannies?

Does JB not realize that he himself is probably also a victim of KC's lies? Ultimately she is the one pulling the strings with her defense team and feeding them the information they are now using to defend her with. Given the massive deluge of KC's lies that both the DT and SA recognize, it just baffles me that JB would cling so hard to this sham of a defense.

What can JB do besides cloud the issues, try to deflect the most recent state's evidence with his rambling non-questions, focus on her lies, etc...when his client refused to put a HALT to all of this by admitting her guilt and letting this poor jury go home...

He had to stand up and do something after the audio tape...so why not take up some time, knowing they will be breaking for lunch soon, and will probably be lulled almost to sleep by his interesting way of going on and on...

He has very few choices...

I get that he is trying to make YM and other witnesses look bad, but all defense lawyers do that...especially when they have NOTHING to work with...

Interesting comment from WFTV trial live blog

Comment From lawyer in Jax
Casey Anthony, mother of Caylee Anthony, was seen on video surveillance at a Blockbuster Video on June 16, 2008, with a boyfriend, Anthony “Tony” Lazzaro, renting two movies — “Untraceable” and “Jumper,” according to ABC Action News. “Untraceable” a 2008 film by Gregory Hoblit, stars Diane Lane, Billy Burke and Colin Hanks. Lane’s character, Jennifer Marsh, must track down a cyber-kidnapper and killer who uses the Internet. “Jumper,” a 2008 film by Doug Liman, also stars Diane Lane, with Hayden Christensen, Rachel Bilson, Samuel L. Jackson and Jamie Bell. Lane plays Mary Rice, a mother who abandons her 5-year-old son David Rice (Christensen), who later realizes the power to jump anywhere he wants

its simple folks... ICA didnt want them to find caylee!! insession playing it again... omg... just NUTZ

InSession, SHostin is saying Baez is delivering an ineffective cross. Where is he going..paraphrased...:great: I'm thinking the jury will loathe him for how he treats the witnessess...I still believe, this is all for ICA and her payback...she's appears to be one evil, worthless beast, not fit to call human...JMHO

I'll watch from TV, I've had enough for today and my arse is numb from sitting so long...I'll read and catch up tomorrow...you all keep such good notes...Thank you all for being here for Caylee Marie...we need to see this through until Caylee Marie gets the justice she so deserves...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Remember how the OJ Simpson prosecution (especially Marcia Clark) was criticized and ridiculed for blowing the case? Clark went from being a media star to fading into relative obscurity, and she actually seemed like a competent lawyer (compared to Jose Baez).
How is Jose going to parlay this trial into a media career? Who would want him? He would be an embarrassment. I'm sure he will write a book (with a ghostwriter of course), but do you think he has a future as anything other than a punchline or a parody on SNL?

After listening to the tapes again this is not about covering up an accidental drowning with GA covering it up. No way, not chance, she murdered her.

thank you for telling me/us 40 times to take a ride on the sidebar express...i appreciate that ! (I'm sure its annoying to type out 432904 times and see more posts pop up).

And now....I need to recharge my laptop so I can watch the afternoon unfold. Crazy day.

With 600 of us here, you gotta figure many folks are typing responses at the same time we are typing the Sidebar alerts. We :heart: our WSers and don't like leaving folks behind or pinching their fingers in the closing doors!

Thanks to all who made this morning easy on the mods. Please do keep the OT comments to a minimum on the Live Trial threads--when the Sidebar is closed, you might want to check out the Chat room where things are a little more laid back. :blowkiss:

Please, help!! I had to miss where they played the interview at Universal ... is there a link to watch it with it that includes a Casey Cam? I MUST see her reaction!!!

Thanks!
I don't have a link with Casey cam, but here's the official transcript of the Universal interview with Yuri, Sergeant Allen, Detective Wells, and Casey.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedfiles/Anthony, Casey No 2-0721.pdf

READING it is even more shocking than seeing it. She's a master liar.

JB was grinning and nodding to the jury when they left for lunch. I really cannot wait to hear what the jurors say at the end of this trial. Those that decide to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove