2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to what stated above, Judge Perry has covered his behind by asking the defendant numerous times if she is happy with her counsel. (And she always says she is.)

Chiquita, I wonder if she had had braces as a teen and her teeth are shifting forward a bit. I had braces as an adult and my orthodontist said that patients should really wear their retainer for a few years after the braces come off.

Aqua

as for sealing the car:

didn't she say that was putting a small piece of tape over the doors and trunk? the doors were already shut as was the trunk so I could see her not noticing the smell...

((SB said that it was faint with the car sealed up and that was before it was aired out and had a can of febrese dumped in it))

moo..

Don't forget the dryers sheets :crazy:

I don't know...just because that wasn't her job, doesn't mean you turn your sniffer off. She said she personally sealed the car, so I assume she was right next to it when she did that. Everyone else who has smelled that smell, says you never forget it, so why or how could she???

She sealed it by putting tape over the edges - she testified that she never opened the car at all. After all the airing out and cleaning, probably the smell wasn't as strong as it would have been had she opened the trunk.

I think we got the answer today about why Mason went with this stupid defense theory - he does not know the case, he has not looked at all the discovery and I think Baez has pulled a fast one on him.

Something in the tapes has been popping out at me...ICA keeps emphasizing "bringing Caylee home" and "she'll be just as she was". I think at that point she was almost hoping Caylee's body would be found, so that her whole kidnapping scenario would still play out - I think she may have originally planned to plant some carjacking/Caylee in the carseat story, but the car getting towed messed that up....IDK, she seems to be parroting what she may have heard actual families of long time missing/probably murdered children say- "we just want to know what happened and bring our loved one home". I think I may be explaining this very poorly.....:banghead:JMO

Everytime I hear that "she'll be just as she was" ...all I can think of is the "Monkey's Paw" story we used to tell on scary overnights at summercamp!

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but looking at the picture just posted of Jose's face from court today I realized something. Jose has got to be worried about more then what the Anthony's are saying about him in these jail videos as far as the jurors are concerned. With this jury there are two options in regards to Ms Anthony and Mr Jose Baez: 1. Is that Jose Baez knew the TRUTH (according to Casey) about what happened to little Caylee and that she was dead from a drowning and that Casey's father was a molester... or... 2. That his client LIED TO HIM as well as everyone else, and I don't see that as something that will bode well with the jury either.

Why would she lie to the ONE PERSON according to Casey that was there for her, looking out for her and protecting her? WHY? The next logical thing would be (in the minds of the jury) if she was lying to him (Jose) as well... at some point she told him this supposed "truth"... and I would imagine they are wondering just when this supposed "truth" was shared with Mr Jose Baez?

When I think of what must be going through these jurors minds, for the very first time, in regards to that- WOW!! It is one or the other- right?

And in MHOO, neither one looks too good, in regards to him and his 'practice' of LAW and the legal system!!!

If he knew the truth for very long and let all the resources and time be wasted in pursuit of a missing persons case- then what must they think of him (along with his client). If, on the other hand, they at some point realize that Jose wasn't told the "truth" from his client until after the body was found (maybe?)and SHE HAD TO TELL HIM SOME OTHER (cockamamie) STORY... then why would that be?

BECAUSE SHE, AND SHE ALONE, WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF HER BABY DAUGHTER!

Right? What other explanation could their be? Help me out here... please!

I don't think you need any help Frigga. I think you nailed it.

marie chantal :yes:
BBM

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying! I also am not speaking of how Casey "looks" it is her physicality that has "morphed"? Changed? And how she holds her jaw or what ever is changing her is apparent to my eyes also.

I think we are seeing how what is on the inside will leak to the outside. Someone(s) said they think Casey is getting geared up for a fit...I agree. If not today, then soon.

Casey is incapable of changing, one bit. I understand that now. :liar:

:cow:
I also think along with you, that these are ICAs involuntary facial tics that she does knowing she was told to keep the head turns and whatnots she did to a minimum. ICA just cannot help herself, but she gives to a good ol' Valencia try, doesn't she :floorlaugh: pun intended too.

My take on that is really very simple..The Sunfire had been totally drenched with fabreeze and cleaned by Cindy the day before, and after the doors, windows, trunk and sunroof were all closed, the Decomp odour got somewhat dissipated, not to mention kept out of the sun and heat which woud have exacerabated it....Human's sense of smell is thousands less sensitive compared to dogs..especially scent specific trained dogs..

Remember, KC's care sat for 2 weeks at the "Pound" closed up, in the sun and odour still wasnt so bad until someone broe the seal of the window, and got really close to the car...

Just as aside, for those who have never smelt decomp would only assume it was a "Garbage Smell"...however, once you do get a strong whiff and it is explained..You never forget it...Sort of like once you get a strong whiff of "Skunk Spray"..you will never mistaken it again for garbage.
Hope that helps:seeya:

It helps very much, and I understand exactly about "knowing" a smell and then recognizing it as unmistakable. Makes sense.

Thanks y'all, that makes me feel better:) Sure hope the jury thinks about these things!

Cindy had cleaned the car with a "whole can of Fabreeze" as she stated under oath. She used dryer fabric softener sheets. They had the car open, airing it out. What that woman did or didn't do has nothing to do nor does it compare to the "hinkyness" the jury has to be feeling toward Casey and HER actions.

Everyone else is accused of lying, when they are not. And while the defense admits that Casey does nothing but lie and that she is a liar...we are supposed to be more suspicious of a witness that had very little to do with the issue: who killed Caylee Marie.

As far as CM being upset this woman did or didn't smell decomp...does he know the jurors have to be way beyond worrying about such pathetic details? No he does not nor does anyone on their team because they don't get that people are thinking of CAYLEE. They will never understand that because they think this is about Casey. She has convinced them of that, or they have convinced her. Maybe a bit of both.

I am looking forward to the forensic evidence. That will really have a huge impact imo with the way the State has presented their case.

:twocents:

No, she said "I don't remember if I did or didn't" that doesn't in any way mean she didn't smell it at the time. The DT needs to drop the LE conspired against KC, they don't just walk around with bottles of human decomp in their pockets ready to falsify evidence on a whim.

:rocker: Thank you for saying what I've been sitting here thinking, Scamperoo! When it comes to posting my thoughts, I'm a mite bit shy; more comfortable lurking. Besides, most of what I think is already said WAY before I could ever post it, anyway.

So, what did I miss this morning? I saw the last few minutes of the last tape and the officer who picked up the computer and sealed the car (okaaaay, CM, whatever!). How did it go and how did the jury react to key portions of the videos. Like when she gets pissed about everyone eating chili.

I'm not singling you out, but it just KILLS me after everything that goes on in court when someone comes in and says "What did I miss?" I almost want to say, OMG just EVERYTHING! You have NO IDEA! LOL.

totally agree with you. Orlando is still very small townish in the legal community and as a local for many years I was surprised to hear him described as such a big fish (very small pond) - I remember CM when he took on any type of case- divorce, family matters, etc. I wasn't aware that he was only a defense atty. these days. He has always been a tad chauvinistic,
always wore his big man cowboy boots and treated professional women with a "Darlin" and a pat on the head. Ask me how I know.

ahem, WELL Darlin' how do you know ?:innocent:

Also, let's say it does cause "reasonable doubt" in a jurors mind. Reasonable doubt that the car smelled of decomp. There's still the forensics that prove there was human decomp in the trunk.
IMO, you'd have to be in a certain area to smell something like that. I could see how walking past it, depending on which the wind was blowing, may not have caused someone to smell an overwhelming stench.

:gthanks:

totally agree with you. Orlando is still very small townish in the legal community and as a local for many years I was surprised to hear him described as such a big fish (very small pond) - I remember CM when he took on any type of case- divorce, family matters, etc. I wasn't aware that he was only a defense atty. these days. He has always been a tad chauvinistic,
always wore his big man cowboy boots and treated professional women with a "Darlin" and a pat on the head. Ask me how I know.

How do you know?

I agree, and I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile, but I've been afraid it would be considered snarky, which is NOT my intent in asking the question:

Her mouth appears to have changed shape. I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but what is going on with her mouth? Has she had some sort of dental surgery or something? If you look at pics taken a few years ago, you can see a big change in the way her mouth looks. Her entire lip, jaw and mouth area seem like they're protruding more than they did in the past. Does anyone know if she's doing this on purpose, or if she had some sort of surgery?

I truly don't mean anything petty when I ask the question. It's just something I've observed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I couldn't help but notice a physical change in this part of her face.

I didn't think she's pretty before her court appearance. :confused:

Because the car was SEALED again, this after it was allowed to air for days and the A's bad attempt at cleaning it. I bet the decomp odor was mixed with Febreeze and dryer sheet odor for awhile. Besides, all she did was transfer evidence, not get in the back of the car and sniff the trunk really well. Sheesh. It took them awhile to realize that Caylee was even dead. They weren't looking or even thinking about there being a dead body just yet, or at least, it was only starting to be a possibility at that point. Caylee's remains weren't found until December. I don't fault her for not knowing. She was just doing her job and is only a link in the chain of evidence. Other people have admitted that they didn't really smell it either. This is nothing to get upset other and think the case is lost.

I think we also have to keep in mind that when MR Simon Birch and George originally opened that car, it had been sitting in the Amscot for a few days and then in the tow yard for at least another 3 days, unopened.

By the time Charity Beasley sealed the car with evidence tape, Cindy had already cleaned it and put dryer sheets inside it. They had left all the doors and windows, hoods and trunk OPEN on it for at least 12 - 24 hours.

They made every effort to clean it and air it out. The whole smell permeated the garage. So the stench would have been significantly LESS by the time CB had to tape it off. Add to that the fact that she did NOT open it before taping it off. She merely taped and sealed it off before it was towed to forensics.

The attorneys are always worried about "hostile" witnesses, but what about "HOSTILE LAWYERS"?

CM's lil hostile rant scared me. :bigfight:

Save the histrionics for the big fry, Mr. M.

I've watched enough trials to wonder if they teach classes on how to be snide, condescending, and downright mean. I'll never forget Barry Scheck--in the OJ Simpson trial--browbeating an earnest criminalist over and over and finishing up with some supposed error and "How about that, Mr. Fung! I still don't like Scheck, Innocence Project or not. (Yes, I know that's irrational.)

I have no doubt that, as a juror--all things being equal--the demeanor of the attorneys would influence me, if only subconsciously.

And CA and her can of fabreeze

... and possibly a bit more 'thorough' cleaning by Cindy in between the detectives leaving Hopespring drive and their return to pick up the car! Just a thought?:waitasec:

OK, I will ask...How do you know?

Sorry TC did not see you asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members