2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify one minor point.

JB is NOT pro bono. He was hired for payment. He is the only lawyer in this whole thing that did in fact get paid. Prior to KC being declared indigent JB received some portion of payment out of the $200,000 ABC news deal.

However at the present moment he cannot leave the case, nor is the state paying him. Florida law mandates that an attorney who does receive a fair and reasonable payment for services cannot then withdraw those services should the client become indigent. He can't take the money and run.

I think he is getting public defender pay now. jmo

Bill S stated that he believes there is no way that Chaney M has ever seen this last video. Believes that this morning was t first time CM must have viewed it. Said no way would he have allowed sexual abuse of ICA by GA had he viewed it.

Big props to our hard working mods
212xoja.jpg

take a load off!

Fully stocked ;)

Bill Schaeffer just said he doesn't think CM ever saw this video. Oh Crap!
The videos with just GA visiting ICA are really devastating to the proffered defense theory of the case.

Bill S thinks CM could not have listened to these tapes, they are just so damaging to the defendant.........and ditto for Mr Baez......

You just cannot tell me that the 2 people the conspired to cover up a "drowning accident" would have that conversation-even if they knew they were being recorded. They would both know that all the charitable works and TV and all of that was a sham. Even subconsciously, they could not keep a 45 min conversation without slipping up and veering onto unrelated topics. KWIM? Does that make sense to anyone other than myself? LOL

Sigh, this was hard to watch again. You can tell he loves his daughter and his grand daughter.

IMO, Baez is looking quite foolish, again, for giving the opening statement that he gave.

Maybe what Jose meant by an "AH HA" moment was misconstrude by the media and what he really said was it was gonna be an "AH HA HA HA HA" :)floorlaugh:) moment?

Next up, will be the Aug 14 video, the one some refer to as "the fisties."

Is it really possible that the DT hadn't watched these videos? Maybe CM doesn't understand "the Youtubes".

"Jo Jo Swim???" The jury is going to hear this and conclude that GA would never throw that out as a fond memory if he was involved in a drowning cover-up. It would never happen, IMO.

Just to clarify one minor point.

JB is NOT pro bono. He was hired for payment. He is the only lawyer in this whole thing that did in fact get paid. Prior to KC being declared indigent JB received some portion of payment out of the $200,000 ABC news deal.

However at the present moment he cannot leave the case, nor is the state paying him. Florida law mandates that an attorney who does receive a fair and reasonable payment for services cannot then withdraw those services should the client become indigent. He can't take the money and run.

bbm
That is right Baez is NOT Pro Bono..
From the $200,000 ABC paid..Baez was paid $89,000; Andrea Lyon got $21,000

I think he is getting public defender pay now. jmo
What makes you think that? I missed that if he is. My understanding is the DT made motions to get some expenses and expert fees, but not compensation for the attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1