2011.06.03 TRIAL Day Nine (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they will do a live demonstration with the dogs? Nah, I know but that would be cool.

In response to UKLaw - the jury is not being asked to identify this smell are they? It is not going to be identified as the smell as decomp - simply to smell these items.

I believe as long as the SA is not asking for ID or conclusions by the jury this can be allowed.

Identified as "an odour" only, to clarify...

Can the witness be asked to open the cans to verify contents? Then, the smell will be released?

i beg that they don't do the can smell....and what is JB doing at the podium area?!?!?

It would be nice if the Pros would state the relevance of each piece of evidence instead of just introducing & publishing.

They must be planning on doing something with it all at once?

I don't believe they should be allowed to smell the odor. They won't know what they are smelling other than what they have been told, so likley they will believe that it must be decomp because they have never smelled anything else like that. And they really are not in a position to judge, if they have never smelled it before.

They won't be just told an opinion on what the smell is...they have evidence to back up that human decomp was present in the air.

Continued direct exam of Inv. Bloise by LDB.

Witness is shown another package. Collected 7/22/08 from the trunk. It's a piece of a stained spare tire cover.

Next package identified as collected on 7/25/08. It's another piece of the spare tire cover.

The previous items identified by the witness were all marked as State's Exhibits (sorry - can't hear the clerk reading out the numbers).

The state is now trying to introduce all these as evidence. We're about to have more than 100 pieces of evidence. #CaseyAnthony -fell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 3:14 PM

My understanding was HHJP said if the jurors smelled from the cans they became witnesses in the case and it was not allowed... there was a case quoted at the time

I don't believe they should be allowed to smell the odor. They won't know what they are smelling other than what they have been told, so likley they will believe that it must be decomp because they have never smelled anything else like that. And they really are not in a position to judge, if they have never smelled it before.

I think the State was saying they wanted them to smell it, not to identify it but to determine that it is not garbage.

ETA: I really don't know that I want the State doing it because I don't want it to be appealed. I think the State has a strong enough case and doesn't need it.

Anybody else getting the sense that JB is kinda resigned to the fact that his client's goose is cooked. He sounds kinda deflated.

In response to UKLaw - the jury is not being asked to identify this smell are they? It is not going to be identified as the smell as decomp - simply to smell these items.

I believe as long as the SA is not asking for ID or conclusions by the jury this can be allowed.

Identified as "an odour" only, to clarify...

If they are not being asked to identify the smell then what would be the relevance?

I know! I've been trying to figure out why he didn't just admit the body was in the trunk and blame it on GA.

yeah! Exactly! KC told JB her father supposedly helped her cover up Caylee's death so why not go out of the way and hold George responsible for putting Caylee in the trunk. Its almost ridiculous not to have acknowledge this by now!

Baez is in on the entering of evidence ((ianal))... I think that is why he is standing

Are these all the hairs that Dr. Lee found???

Dr. Lee didn't find all those hairs, that is misinformation that once alluded to and repeatedlly offered as fact by Baez seems to still stick in peoples mind as a fact.

After going over the whole car he found 1 hair which had no death banding and didn't belong to anyone specific.

He looked in a partially processed trash bag and found 3 hairs and then left, the bag later processed completely yielded 13 additional hairs Dr. Lee missed. He is not a witness in this trial yet Baez keeps putting out there as fact, much like the meat, cheese and rotting pizza which really is only dry packaging.

It would be nice if the Pros would state the relevance of each piece of evidence instead of just introducing & publishing.

Yes, they will go through each piece one at the time and testify to relevence.

I'm guessing that they are publishing it to verify that Bloise is the one who processed the evidence, but he doesn't have the expertise to actually testify to all the details of it all, so they will talk more about the items with the experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence