2011.06.03 TRIAL Day Nine (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe they should be allowed to smell the odor. They won't know what they are smelling other than what they have been told, so likley they will believe that it must be decomp because they have never smelled anything else like that. And they really are not in a position to judge, if they have never smelled it before.

i agree..having smelled it myself a few times.. they would have no idea,,nothing to compare it to... nothing to connect it to but....words... they would need to, imo, smell it ON or FROM a real... ick..body

Why is Baez hovering and swinging his hips around while LDB is trying to introduce evidence? It's VERY distracting!

Did they say dirt residue on hair from the trunk?

Jean C. on HLN saying KC's friends were riding in the car mid June and didn't smell anything??? WTH.....Never heard that anyone rode in that car after June 16th??

Regarding the tweeters reporting lack of smell, the trunk liner (both sides) are still in plastic bags. Just saying.

They have to show chain of custody so Bloise has to be there when the evidence is entered into the trail. The analysts that actually ran the tests on the evidence will then explain what they found.

Is JB trying to bother Linda or what? He needs to sit down, it looks peculiar for him to be sharing the podium with a professional.

Wow! How many hairs were found??? She keeps listing evidence as "hair"

I don't believe they should be allowed to smell the odor. They won't know what they are smelling other than what they have been told, so likley they will believe that it must be decomp because they have never smelled anything else like that. And they really are not in a position to judge, if they have never smelled it before.

They could have the jurors smell a container that HAS human decomp in it - the material they use to train cadaver dogs. THEN, have the jurors smell the can with the trunk liner for comparison.

Why is Baez hovering and swinging his hips around while LDB is trying to introduce evidence? It's VERY distracting!

It is easier for both of them to stand there through the list...that way she doesn't have to keep walking back and forth to show it to him at the D table.

It is very common.

Why is Baez up in her business!

Typical behavior when lots of related evidence is being entered into evidence...he's cross checking HIS list with what she's entering AND able to rapidly state "no objection"....it's a technique to "speed up" plus looks like "collegiality"

Anybody else getting the sense that JB is kinda resigned to the fact that his client's goose is cooked. He sounds kinda deflated.

Yes he does! I wonder if he has spoken to KC about asking for a plea deal and she says no way im innocent!

I think he is praying for a mistrial so he can scram his way out of dodge!

Forgive me...I have been outside. Why is JB standing while LDB is questioning the witness?

They are entering the million items he identified into evidence. It's just for convenience I think.

Jean C. on HLN saying KC's friends were riding in the car mid June and didn't smell anything??? WTH.....Never heard that anyone rode in that car after June 16th??

It was BEFORE june 15th....that was clarified...jean c wasn't hearing it

I think baez is up there saying 'no objections" making LDB's identifying process go faster so she will pack up that trunk liner before it permeates the entire courtroom! ~L~

Can the witness be asked to open the cans to verify contents? Then, the smell will be released?

HHJP has not yet formally ruled to the best of my knowledge but he indicated he is not going to allow it. He said it would make "witnesses out of the jurors".

IF he did allow it, it would be under Dr. Vass, imo. Who should probably be coming up very soon. Maybe tomorrow???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove