2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is JB trying to prove to this jury, that a car that sat out in the elements, exposed to air for lord knows how long, has lower chloroform levels that ICA's car?

I think the state already established that VERY effectively.

JB keeps harping on the fact that Dr. Vass is not a chemist. The DT clearly does not want the jury to believe that Caylee's body was in the trunk. It just completely confounds me. The DT could have blostered their LIE about the accidental drowning of Caylee with GA putting Caylee in the trunk. But they didn't. This is beyond sad. At the end of the day, the jury will believe that Caylee was rotting in the trunk. This questioning about the trash makes me want to throw things. Simon Birch already said that he (who worked in waste management) that he knows trash and that the trunk didn't smell like trash.

I cannot wait for the redirect. I hope it happens before my next birthday. LOL. JB's questioning of the witness is only (1) reaffirming that he is an expert (2) that his invention is not for fame nor fortune (something that JB can't understand) (3) that the trash bag full of non-food items that was VERY light according to Simon Birch (who held the actual bag) did not cause the odor.

If a witness is not helpful to your side...the best thing to do is get them off the stand. Not continue to badger them when they are beyond your intellect.

Seriously, this should be Trial Law 101. Why didn't CM take this witness?

Off topic: Good afternoon, fellow WSers! I am finally here after losing power, (from a huge storm on Saturday), for 46 hours straight. I was able to catch part of Dr. Vass on Tru TV, but between commercials and the talking heads having to introduce the trial each time they come back from commercials.

I have a few comments regarding watching on InSessions, but will save them for a later post...just glad to finally be here.

On-Topic: And to keep on topic with this post, Dr. Vass is doing spendidly! Jeff Ashton too, but Jose is going to alienate the jury with his treatment of Dr. V.

Dang, I was hoping for a "special" break. ty Your Honor

#caseyanthony's defense is trying to discredit dr. Vass's testimony, referring to his work as experiments whenever possible. #fox35by anthonycase via twitter at 1:54 PM

Recess until 3:10 PM (EDT)

Did he just say "Isn't it cool that it was less than the FL car" like yeah JB just said that this "trash" has all these components and it set overtime soaking them up but yet it was less than the FL car?

ETA: so um ok no point there JB to me that helps the SA more

He really did. He got his dig in.:floorlaugh:

ROFL

"Isn't it cool that there were less in (the junkyard cars) than in the one in Florida" or something like that.

OMG, did I hear that right?

He said it LOL

Im really impressed by this guy!

ROFL

"Isn't it cool that there were less in (the junkyard cars) than in the one in Florida" or something like that.

OMG, did I hear that right?

Oh, yes you did hear it right! I hope the jurors heard it too.

If GA ran off with Caylee's body...why should he care if the trunk shows, the body was in it..... since his client didn't have contact with the body

Is JB actually looking as bad to the jury as he is looking to us? I mean to my eye it looks like a physicist trying to explain his job to a middle to low grade kindergardner. Is that the actual impression that he is leaving in the observers that count?

I really think so Fae.

WE here at WS's KNOW what is going on, and WE CANT FOLLOW HIM. So i am assuming that anyone who DOESNT know this case prior to today, would be gobsmacked and confused. One can hope that he is ostrasizing the Jury.

I wonder if this "Dr. Vass" is a chemist or physicist? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver