2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am a jury member and I just heard false positives can be caused by etc..etc..etc.. unless it is a crime scene.. So false positives cannot be caused at a crime scene because it is a crime scene?

Um no ... so what I heard VASS say (in jury tone) is false positives dont matter at a crime scene.

Not good. Why JB didnt jump on why false positive can show up in a 40 acre feild and not a crime scene with the same compontents it beyound me.

Bill Schaeffer just said that Judge Perry has sat on 8 Death Penalty cases and not 1 has come back on appeal.....

Dr. Vass now join the lawyers and judge at Sidebar. PARTY!

good grief. i forgot the jury wasn't in there for all of that.

Holy Carp so did I. I was :woohoo: it's over FINALLY!!! Was just about to grab a frozen bubba burger patty out of the freezer and head for the trunk. Oh well.......................:banghead:

Is JB confusing divining rods with ground penetrating radar?

This is different .... Dr Vass called to sidebar!
(ICA looks annoyed that she's not invited)

Dr Vass called into the sidebar.

I wish the jury could see how every SINGLE time before they come in...ICA is laughing and smiling and then adopts a look of "I have mitigating factors, ya'll...I have them..."

Ya know... if the jurors ever get a chance to review this and see how she reacts when out of their presence, they'e gonna be mighty pizzed. On the other hand, it'll just confirm they did the right thing when they find her guilty of first degree murder. IMO

349b9yc.jpg

TY! I can only get CNN on my Mac with no split screen,and I really want to see ICA!

Every time Baez gains a little traction, he slides right back to where he started because he doesn't know what he's doing. Sims would have done far better crossing Dr Vass, IMO.

Divining rods used to be used to go over ground and they would dip and indicate where water was so a well could be dug. IIRC

And what in Hades does that have to do with decomposition in a trunk!?!?!?!! Baez is officially making me crazy!

Divining rods are real and they do work if used correctly (personally have done it and have seen it done!). I just don't see how they would even remotely correspond to this case. They are for seeking underground water sources.

ETA ok, I have seen an earlier comment while I was typing how it corresponds and from my experience about them it probably would work!

Oh dear.
Could the THC be because the poor baby was exposed to pot smoke, got a contact high, and it was in her system when she died?

Please someone smarter than me tell me no.

A HUGE NO! And....if she had THC contact, it would have shown up in the hair samples when they were tested for "drugs" (it's part of the street drug panel)

Bill Sheaffer says it is highly unusual for a witness to go to the sidebar and it has happened twice in this case. He also says there are not usually this many sidebars.

The jury has to be D.O.N.E. with this line of questioning as are we. It is constant sidebar express! They have to be tired of this. JB can't seem to stay in line and I can't imagine the jury appreciate it.

For what it's worth, from past experience, jurors have long ago tired of the battle between what was determined by the judge to be an "expert witness" and a defense attorney -- a defense attorney who is difficult to listen to, who has difficulty formulating a simple question, appears disorganized and is constantly being pulled aside by the judge while jurors are dismissed for the smackdown. (Jurors are not stupid!) Add to that the constant objections, side bars, interruptions, bullying tactics, and what happens in the end, while deliberating, jurors tend to dismiss the argumentative attorney and go with the expert witness' testimony - most importantly because the judge himself declared him an expert. Furthermore, jurors are more inclined to accept what the expert says as factual regardless of what was argued. This is my opinion based on serving on 9 previous juries, twice being the foreperson, and experiencing 9 other attorneys (SA or DT) who behaved the same way and caused the same disruptions. Jurors are a lot like folks here on websleuths - they have the same questions. Yes, they don't know all the history that we all do, but they are certainly not stupid. Everyone on the jury contributes their opinions/feelings/memory about what was presented and they are usually very determined to do the right thing - regardless of the outcome. I just wanted to share my experience that jurors tend to go with the "experts" or the more "believable" party - particularly when they are turned off by an attorney's delivery style. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand