2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chloroform can be a byproduct of decompositon...

Another JB objection.

We made a rough approximation of the amount of chloroform present. We estimated it was in the millions range.

Did you do more precise study of the concentration?

No. Chloroform has high rate of evaporation. It appeared in the trunk of the car at some point in time (JB objection) in the past. We have no idea how much was present in the past.

Did you keep carpet from a similar vehicle and perform similar test on this similar car? Yes we did. (JB objecting)

The chromatogram showed chloroform as concentrated. We were SHOCKED. we'd never seen cholorform at that level.

RSBM
The jury will have a big ah-ha moment when they learn about the How To Make Chloroform google search!

vass "I got blue little things all over mine..." :heartluv: he's just so fascinating

COntrol sample from carpet from similar car (not KC's)

Attachments

• e12884a2-041e-4053-b0d4-dacfb387a40a_300.jpg
    e12884a2-041e-4053-b0d4-dacfb387a40a_300.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 35
Showing charts of the different gas levels. From ICA trunk and a similar trunk that is not ICA's. I don't remember seeing these before and think these must be VERY helpful in pointing out the high level of chloroform. If i were on the jury, I would appreciate this visual much more than parts pr million, parts per trillion, etc.

Does ICA have to come to court everyday? If she were sick would court be adjorned for the day? tia

I noticed that all of the law officers and forensic people speak to the jury when testifying. Last week JB even made the statement to one witness replying to the jury, I am over here.

That was CM.

junkyard car graph (car in Knoxville, TN)-

(much much smaller peak) chloroform 5,000 not 16 MILLION Dr. Vass says you also must look at area under peak - for FL sample it was 400 Million for TN sample it was 10,000 - control sample typical of environmental samples (trace)

Area under the curve (peak) for the florida sample was in the millions (didn't catch exact number). Area under the curve for the control sample is considered "trace".

KC's car: 400 million

other car: 10 thousand (trace, at lower detection limits of instrument)

Casey is peering at the screen of graphs with her nose in the air (trying to appear intellectual).

ETA: Poor thing is sooooooo bored.

She's probably thinking, I am so much better and smarter than a stupid graph. That graph doesn't know what it's talking about. I'm so smart and it's not. I'm even smarter than Dr. Vass!

Showing charts of the different gas levels. From ICA trunk and a similar trunk that is not ICA's. I don't remember seeing these before and think these must be VERY helpful in pointing out the high level of chloroform. If i were on the jury, I would appreciate this visual much more than parts pr million, parts per trillion, etc.

a tweet from the courtroom says the SA released these graphs without explanation recently. now we know why.

not surpised gas in trunk of car....knew there was a gas can in the car @ one time....2nd chart - chromatogram from a vehicle = junkyard in Knoxville, TN - car similar make year model.....chloroform peak ....retention time how long it takes to come off 16 min.....shows chloroform .....car from 2 veh.....put in tevlar bag...pulled out 10 mils, same procedure as done in other...peak height no more than 5000 @ most - compared to 16 million in the trunk.....peak height just 1 thing to look @ ....look @ the area under the peak....use computer software to determine ....16 million tall....area 380 million under......on the other sample from 2 different cars was 10 thousand..... do see chloroform from soil.....very little low amounts.....trace amounts.....kinda at detection limits of instrument see a little hump but not very big.

I think he said the control sample was about 5000, but the ICA car was 16 million?

99dh81.jpg

LIBS - laser induced breakdown spectroscopy
non destructive technique (preserves sample)

RSBM
The jury will have a big ah-ha moment when they learn about the How To Make Chloroform google search!

Will JB and ICA claim that RK somehow got in the house and used the computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018