2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Sheaffer saying if JB challenges the can, the State could ask Vass to open can and smell it. WOW.

Seems that JB doesn't want the SA to talk today...

Speaking objections...

Running commentary...

Geez...

Back.Away.From.The.Keyboard.

Oh, geez...give it up...don't do it...don't do it...

you may approach..

Sidebar...do they each have a personal spot by now?

Good thing JA corrected his own mistake - JB didn't even catch it.

JB - please, just...sit down. You don't need to ask Dr. Vass about the can. It's early in the day, he's recharged, and I sense you will be smacked down like you were yesterday.

HHJP: what says the defense? noting previous objections it is overruled.

JA: thank you judge no further questions

JB: dr. vass yesterday you testified about a piece of evidence you did not examine?

I looked at a can, it is not the can I inspected

JB: you looked at that can...

JA: ?

side bar

(okay, if Jose gets to bring things up that are going on during the trial, then I think the jury should get to see Casey and how she acts when they leave the room. ) :snooty:

I don't know why someone would even think of putting a bag of trash in the trunk of their car. Makes no sense. When I was in college some people would put their trash bags on the TOP of their hood or trunk to drive it to the apartment dumpster. I never saw anyone put the trash bags in the trunk of their car.

Especially WET trash. Ewwwww.

I am going to make myself unpopular here I know. But JA was being sneaky by subsituting the cans and saying the existing can is not in evidence so JB cannot cross-examine on the basis of the can "substituted" out.

Bill Sheaffer saying if JB challenges the can, the State could ask Vass to open can and smell it. WOW.

REALLY!!! :great: Go for it Baez...please, pretty please with a :cupcake: on top

Speaking Objection:

Ok, from my quicky research it looks like a "speaking objection" is when an attorney provides too much information when objecting thus possibly providing the witness with information on how to answer a question. It's kind of like coaching a witness through your objection.

OH, I was hoping for more forensic stuff not just a correction.
SA should ask Dr Vass if any of the items in the trash could've created that smell

Oh my Lord! :floorlaugh:

He's going to try to discredit AV's entire testimony because he mis-idenitfied an exhibit?

Bill Shaffer saying Baez question may have opened the door to the State opening the can in the courtroom.

Can I say nit picky and petty?:innocent:

Bill Shaeffer is saying JA entered the wrong can yesterday, innocently. JB is trying to say that Dr. Vass lied in his testimony. The Defense may have opened the door, to allow the state to open the can - To verify the smell!

:eek:

IMO HHJP's voice has an "edge" to it today with regard to Baez. I've noticed his exasperation in the past, however it seems to be starting earlier today...

JA apologise for bringing Dr. Vass back - due to JA's mistake from yesterday.....showed him wrong can yesterday....

confirm his initials.....

JA correcting which can he had admitted previous by mistake (same type and size cans)

no other questions....

JB - w/Dr Vass (kc smirking in background)

yesterday you testified about a piece of evidence you didn't examine? Dr. V.....I testified about a can.....(Sidebar)

Bill Shaffer commenting on this honest mistake JA handed him the wrong can =
State could ask him to open the can to inspect....important for the jury to understand the info on the right can.....this is the can of the overwhelming odor....

BS saying DT may be opening the door for the SA to open the can....is that what you smelled?.....DT should have just cut their losses.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966