2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although not native to Florida, the coyote has been tracked in all Florida counties. http://www.stpete.org/wildlife/florida_coyote.asp

Also feral cats and possibly bears. Just a few days ago there was a black bear who took a dip in someones pool (hot tub area actually) somewhere in FL.
http://www2.tbo.com/news/offbeat/20...akes-dip-in-sanford-womans-hot-tub-ar-235977/

Huh. That's interesting. I guess there's always people who keep wild animals as pets that get loose too. Here in PA the wild animals I see most are squirrels, deer, and foxes. Oh, and feral cats and groundhogs.

NG and Joy concerned about the lady juror who apparently said she could not judge someone.

Makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

Keep hearing that comment it only takes one. Why did HHJBP allow a person who said they could not judge on a juror for a death penalty case.

It seems to me that he might just have a tad more experience about human behavior under the circumstances than we have. I'm still hoping for this but I'm worried too.

moo

EXACTLY. The Honorable Judge Perry is forcing Baez's hand. He is not going to allow the DT the chance to start over and change their OS to something more believable. I have no doubt that Baez sees what a big mistake he made and wants badly to restart the trial. Especially after seeing the state's case. He would LOVE to begin again and stick to accidental, without all the other drama he threw in.
But since JP is promising him that he will NOT be able to skip over presenting his case, mistrial or not, that dream is over for Baez. Now he really has to get his opening statement together, fast. imoo
:panic::countsheep::bricks:

But if JB somehow causes a mistrial or Casey does, I think JB could avoid being involved in a retrial. So maybe that is his plan...

cross-post:
I'm new here...I'm a retired attorney...but with little criminal trial experience (and I'm anti-DP). However, from what I've seen her defense is not looking well, at all/

Watching this trial brings me back to law school, 1987-1990. Rules of Evidence, criminal procedure, building up a foundation, and all that.

And in my professional life I was a clinical instructor for a large U. law school. Baez would have got failing marks from me.

:Welcome1:
I am so looking forward to your input! I love to hear from our members with legal backgrounds and experience!!:great:

this may have been stated in the past...sorry if a duplicate (I do not get to read every post)

The "Lady Gaga" like woman that has sat behind the tech desk, have know idea who she is, gives off some very telling body language of the days. I am currently RE WATCHING today's events, when CM is up, she smiles at his jokes, and is sitting loosely (arms etc) when JA and the Dr.'s from today, she crosses arms and legs, and does a slight shake of her head when they are speaking.... sorry, it is a non issue, but since the first time I saw her, I was wondering "why is Lady Gaga" sitting by the DT?

Carry on. :)

ETA... I am currently rewatching Dr. G testimony...and this is more distinguishable than before, been driving me nuts to talk about it....so there you go...

resume party...

But if JB somehow causes a mistrial or Casey does, I think JB could avoid being involved in a retrial. So maybe that is his plan...

I am relieved to think he has a plan! The tax-payers are not going to be happy though!:maddening::banghead::banghead:

Is she the only coocky family member that supposedly believes that KC is innocent? The "wacky cousin"?

moo

Dunno.. she is sitting inside the gate.. close to the court officer that sits to observe the gallery and the doors in which ICA goes through during her entrance and exit.. she is NOT in the gallery, which lead me to believe she is staff of the DT or a visiting atty??

NG and Joy concerned about the lady juror who apparently said she could not judge someone.

Keep hearing that comment it only takes one. Why did HHJBP allow a person who said they could not judge as a juror for a death penalty case.

IIRC, this woman Juror, was only unable to judge someone based on rumor, something she had not heard or seen any evidence of, I do not believe this is a problem for her in this case. JMO

Dunno.. she is sitting inside the gate.. close to the court officer that sits to observe the gallery and the doors in which ICA goes through during her entrance and exit.. she is NOT in the gallery, which lead me to believe she is staff of the DT or a visiting atty??

I was just wondering about te cocky family member?? This is the first I have heard about it!!TIA

this may have been stated in the past...sorry if a duplicate (I do not get to read every post)

The "Lady Gaga" like woman that has sat behind the tech desk, have know idea who she is, gives off some very telling body language of the days. I am currently RE WATCHING today's events, when CM is up, she smiles at his jokes, and is sitting loosely (arms etc) when JA and the Dr.'s from today, she crosses arms and legs, and does a slight shake of her head when they are speaking.... sorry, it is a non issue, but since the first time I saw her, I was wondering "why is Lady Gaga" sitting by the DT?

I'm pretty sure someone posted a link and she is an attorney working at CM's firm. I can't remember her name but I'm sure someone remembers it or will have the link.

Okay, wth is with CM.? I understand he has a reputation, but for the life of me, I can't believe he's held in high regard. I went to his website (blog :cool:) and want to quote this bit about his experience in trial preparation.

Quote: ...skilled trial technician. He is often solicited by other attorneys and law firms to assist in trial preparation and to participate in actual trials in numerous areas of litigation.
.http://www.jcheneymason.com/new_page_10.htm

Really? Was the big pad of paper his idea? The photo boards? The table of of binders and water bottles? I just don't get it, unless Baez insists on doing everything himself. :waitasec:

It was Sleutherontheside, I think...lemme go look, but yeah, she works with CM, so...I'm guessing she's some sort of "plant," IYKWIM.

I'm pretty sure someone posted a link and she is an attorney working at CM's firm. I can't remember her name but I'm sure someone remembers it or will have the link.

Whitney S. Boan

Here's the link the sleutherontheside's post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6640107&postcount=27"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6640107&postcount=27[/ame]

I am still trying to figure out how JB thinks this scene was tampered with or "created"??

How would one "create" animal gnawing, animal dispersion, and root growth through the remains and associated evidence??? As to evidence that skeletal remains were moved by some nefarious someone - it seems very clear that water gathering and then slowing drying and draining, animals, etc would obviously move things around.

I am astounded at the depths of his density.

I wouldn't spend too much time trying to figure out how Baez thinks about anything related to this case ;) Like his client, JB thinks that he can tap-dance his way around or out of any unpleasant situation. Casey is well-practiced in this tactic having done it for years, but Baez has been a quick study. Too bad he wasn't as studious in most of his law classes :rolleyes: Alas! Jose's hubris will eventually hang his client. jmo

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but, if anyone is looking for Dr G's amazing testimony, it's part 6 on WFTV site. Here's a link: http://www.wftv.com/video/28195872/index.html

eta: It starts in part 6 but continues into part 7

eta2: I blew it! It starts with part 5, then all of part 6 and into part 7.

Keep hearing that comment it only takes one. Why did HHJBP allow a person who said they could not judge as a juror for a death penalty case.

I keep thinking how she said that before she'd ever took a trip to Casey World. I don't worry about this much. ICA's deeds will be even MORE inexplicable to her.

Are all the videos the same on various websites.. cause I missed end of today's session and so wanted to ICA's lingering put to a halt but WFTV cut it short at her winding cord..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE