2011.06.13 Sidebar (Trial Day Seventeen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see a poll done on "was it enough or not" and what if JB just rests, would the jury be able to find her guilty.

Figures...I take a personal day and we're in recess till tomorrow. Could they have to call the person responsible for the "contamination"?
I was surprised that the State will be ending so soon. I really wanted them to go to the 16th. It seems only fitting.

The SA's have done a great job! Hopefully before resting they bring in the cell phone ping testimony.They have presented a trunk load of evidence add to it ICA's reactions.When Baez presents his side they will slay them on cross examination.JMO

IMO When the State gives their summation and links everything together, dot to dot, the Jurors will convict ICA.

Think of it this way: If the state takes months to put on its case then that leads me to believe they don't have that strong a case against the defendant to start with. I've listened to several lawyers and some who have been doing trials for many years say that the stronger a case, the less time it takes to prove it.
There is such a thing as overkill. This jury has already been sequestered for weeks, there really is no point in putting them through two more weeks of testimony if it's not necessary, and then they have to sit through the defense's case for another two weeks or so. These people deserve to have this whole thing over and done with so they can all go home. If the state hasn't been successful, two more weeks won't make a lot of difference.
Unless some are just hooked on watching the trial itself... makes no sense to me to drag it out.
JMHO

ITA! Lets wrap this up and see what the DT presents.

no - the DT presents their case and then when the DT rests - the State has a chance for rebuttal. HTH

thanks WOO! so... if this is a rebuttal case... the State will wait for DT to open the door...

do rebuttal witnesses have to be specifically rebutting something that the DT brings up in their case?

Nobody knows who tomorrow's witnesses will be. It could be on the cell phone pings.

question, if JB doesn't call any witness to the stand and stands up and says the Defense rest there will be no rebuttal witness for the state to bring in correct?
Do you really think JB will pass up his big chance to "save" KC?

IIRC they have had several of ICA's friends, including TL, testify that she had the pontiac, even drove them around in it. The defense kept making the point that her friends did not smell the decomp on 6/20 I believe. So they have established possession. The running out of gas in which both AH and TL assisted ICA at separate times. The neighbor witnessed ICA driving the pontiac and back it into the garage............so I think they have connected ICA to the pontiac from 6/16 through her abandoning it at the Amscott on 6/30. Hope that is the proper recollection FWIW.

Add to that the fact that GA and CA had to go get this car from the tow yard. Didn't even know it was there until notified, what? Twice?

OMG... I just had a thought. What on earth is In Session going to cover this afternoon and tomorrow, if there is no trial? Are they going to just let the TH's talk all afternoon and tomorrow morning??
I think I'll take a nap.

thanks WOO! so... if this is a rebuttal case... the State will wait for DT to open the door...

do rebuttal witnesses have to be specifically rebutting something that the DT brings up in their case?
not quite sure - that would be a good question for the ask the lawyers thread

IMO When the State gives their summation and links everything together, dot to dot, the Jurors will convict ICA.
I am confident she will be convicted. The abuse excuse doesn't seem to save anyone, aside from a couple of very young defendants who killed to stop the abuse.

when you think things couldn't get stranger it does. Would love to be a fly on the wall right now with LDB and JA talking.

for anyone chugging mylanta for lunch like me over a possible rebuttal case... here is the definition of a rebuttal witness:

Rebuttal witness
Definition
: a witness called upon to rebut evidence already presented

http://research.lawyers.com/glossary/rebuttal-witness.html

so now I do feel better and am with Wise Old Owl that it may be a brilliant move on behalf of the SA

Just was watching on In Session - legal experts showed the superimposition with Casey and Caylee and duct tape. They believe state and Judge made a huge mistake, and will lend to getting a conviction overturned on appeal.....

I truly do not believe that the judge would have let it in if he had any reason whatsoever to believe it would result in a conviction being overturned. Not only that, it would have to be proved that the verdict would have been different if the demonstration had not been shown in order to overturn the verdict. THs like to hear themselves talk...imo.

They connected the laundrybag, the tape, the trash bags to the Anthony home. Also placed a heart shaped sticker on the tape.

I think I missed it. But the Winnie the Pooh blanket found...and the set collected from the Anthonys home that was missing a blanket. Was that distinction ever made? That the laundry bag MATCHED the one of a set found in teh garage. Was that specific point made?

All covered by the forensics supervisor's testimony on Sat. :)

Murder one, DP. To me it seems obvious she had been thinking about it for months. 84 visits to chloroform site. :mad:

For months......which reminds me of that journal entry of hers.....is that not coming in either?

is rebuttal the same as cross?????

I ask because if the defense doesn't bring up the pings than the state cannot cross on it let alone have another expert witness..:waitasec:

Nurse, the state gets to present their Case in Chief which is what they have been doing. Then the defense presents their case in chief. After the defense presents their case, the State has the opportunity (since they have the burden of proof) to present a REBUTTAL CASE in which they can introduce witnesses and evidence which DIRECTLY REBUTS the defense case in chief. I am a nurse like you, so obvi not an attorney, but that is the way I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela