2011.06.13 Sidebar (Trial Day Seventeen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of it this way: If the state takes months to put on its case then that leads me to believe they don't have that strong a case against the defendant to start with. I've listened to several lawyers and some who have been doing trials for many years say that the stronger a case, the less time it takes to prove it.
There is such a thing as overkill. This jury has already been sequestered for weeks, there really is no point in putting them through two more weeks of testimony if it's not necessary, and then they have to sit through the defense's case for another two weeks or so. These people deserve to have this whole thing over and done with so they can all go home. If the state hasn't been successful, two more weeks won't make a lot of difference.
Unless some are just hooked on watching the trial itself... makes no sense to me to drag it out.
JMHO

Great post. The jury has spent enough time seeing JB VS. the SA's to form an opinion as to their character(s.) After JB presents his case, who do you think is going to have more credibility in the jurors' eyes? Think of all the times we had to bite our tongues, sit on our hands, walk away from the keyboard, etc during JB's questioning. I had a literal knot in my stomach, and more than one headache. I don't expect this jury experienced anything less than we all did. JMO

I've done some thinking about the Home Depot video. That was around the 4th of July and that was when GA and CA put those "paver/patio" stones down inside Caylee's playhouse - so that is what I think is on the Home Depot videos - nothing to see there.

Just my thoughts on why they weren't brought in.

I was under the impression the paver stones may have been put down in the play house when they bought it for her on her 2nd birthday...JMHO

Maybe the next witness will be Dominick Casey?The SA is telling Caylee's story,so who would come after Caylee being found and evidence tying the Anthony home items being found with her?

He is from Florida(Orlando area), so I doubt it is him.

JA told Judge pending he arrives on time. I am thinking arrival=flight.
Someone out of town, state.

Last night I had a flash of LA getting on the stand for the defense and saying that there WAS molestation going on, just to save his sister. Please reassure me that he wouldn't do that, and if he did, would it work?

I do not believe Lee is going to lie about the abuse.IMO Cindy,George and Lee are all united in bringing Justice for Caylee.ICA is trying to destroy and further ruin all 3 lives.Remember ICA is a spiteful bit@h,hopefully so are the rest of the Anthony's.:innocent:

Now that I have recovered from my intial shock, I'm thinking what the SA is doing makes sense. There have alot of witnesses to rebutt JB's theory...why not do that at the time JB presents it? Why call Tim Miller now? Call him after JB tries to put out his RK theory, then TM can testify about the water and everything and the jury will connect the two, rather than trying to remember his testimony from a week or two ago.

Why should the SA call RK? They know JB has to do it, so let JB put his case out there. I'm confident the SA has plenty to refute it and I think it's a good strategy to do that when JB presents it rather than in their own case. Why acknowledge or give credibility to anything JB said in his OS?
Tim Miller is slightly busy out in Indiana...it could be that they were expecting him to be available...but maybe he needed to get the search teams set up before leaving. I can't understand why anyone else wouldn't be ready. The State had the weekend to get people moving.

I was under the impression the paver stones may have been put down in the play house when they bought it for her on her 2nd birthday...JMHO
IIRC its in CA's depo - not sure which one the OCSO or the FBI - but that's where I remember it coming out and it came straight from CA's mouth.

This means to me that RA won't testify. I'm glad, they don't need her.

He is from Florida(Orlando area), so I doubt it is him.

JA told Judge pending he arrives on time. I am thinking arrival=flight.
Someone out of town, state.

Hopefully he has moved or is on vacation or on a job out of state:innocent:

I've read many cases where jurors said if they knew about past convictions they would have certainly voted guilty. Showing Casey had a history of stealing from mother, brother, g-parents, bank account and piggy bank of Caylee's, and then a friend would certainly show this girl has no morals or conscience. The neighbors, etc. relaying arguments cussing at her mother, SP and RP's testimony about Casey would certainly show a very hateful, jealous, selfish, person imo. The laziness as well, no school, work, etc.

ITA. I think back to some of the things that really shocked me aside from the murder/duct tape and really wish the SA would have shown the jury. For example, not just the brazen shopping sprees with Amy's money but what she bought. A case of beer, party food, lots of clothes for herself, etc. I know the jury saw the tapes but the SA didn't show them a list of what she bought. For all they knew it was a case of Pepsi. They could be thinking, so what she had to eat.

Was the BOA video ever shown where she got cash?

The video of her talking to the detective after her final arrest where she said 'I can feel she is still alive'. She had on her 'work outfit' and librarian glasses and then as soon as the investigator left she started fixing her hair, fiddling with her clothes, chomping on gum (over and over)...not a care in the world except what she looked like.

IMO

Oh please - HLN thinking its Robyn Adams - but she is already in Orange county - Lord these TH's need to read here. lol - we even have her mug shot from when she was admitted to Orange County.

Could it be the plant/root fella...for tomorrow morning that's flying in? He hasn't testified yet...IIRC

I haven't followed this thread, but I think the fight on Father's day is important and should have been addressed. It could have supplied a motive for the murder if Cindy had enraged ICA and told her she was going to take Caylee away from her.

If I recall, the neighbor was a witness to hearing the fight that night.

I am having a hard time understanding why everyone is upset or shocked that the prosecution's case is almost done. Aren't most posters already convinced that she is guilty? Don't you think the jurors have already heard enough evidence and testimony to believe that as well? I think most of them are reasonably intelligent enough to put two and two together and get twenty-two.
Of course, some might be worried that Baez still has a few cards up his sleeve and he will come up with something that will affect the jury, but... I'm not worried much about that. There is not much that could make her look innocent now.
Casey WILL be found guilty, make no mistake. I, for one, will be glad when it's over. I have not had the opportunity to watch every second of this trial, I've missed parts of it because I had other things to take care of, but I've seen and heard enough.
Fear not... Caylee will have justice.

I was hoping for something more... If I was a juror I would be convinced now that she is guilty... but I wouldn't be sure of what. I don't feel like I have enough evidence to decide if it was premeditated.

I can't imagine the SA bringing everything in.....we have been here for 3 yrs doing this case, and just when we think it couldn't get craizer...it does....imagine if the jury had to hear about ALL of it in just a few short weeks.....they wouldn't know which end was up...

I missed the testimony about the tape. But I heard the tape was NOT found in the garage of the Anthony home in December. Was it ever found? I know we see it on the missing posters etc. but was it ever collected from the home as evidence?

Wait, tomorrow has to be one of the psych doctors, right? The defense dropped them?

The Fusion pictures were shown the first week during the time Casey's friends testified about the activities of the 31 days.
I really hope they put the entire trial on dvd for purchase. The proceeds could go to TES or a similar organization :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela