2011.06.13 Sidebar (Trial Day Seventeen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
being dysfunctional and living in denial are not illegal.

Killing your child, covering it up, lying to LE in an active investigation, are.

Running around partying and pretending your child is fine and with adequate supervision while she lies rotting in a neighborhood pet cemetery is a bit more severe than wanting to close your eyes to your daughters shortcomings, comparatively speaking.

being dysfunctional and living in denial are not illegal.

Killing your child, covering it up, lying to LE in an active investigation, are.

Running around partying and pretending your child is fine and with adequate supervision while she lies rotting in a neighborhood pet cemetery is a bit more severe than wanting to close your eyes to your daughters shortcomings, comparatively speaking.

You are very right. However, I wish they had been their dysfunctional, living in denial selves behind closed doors and not appearing on tv dragging other people thru the mud.

All potential evidence is important. All cases are important.

Regardless if she was simply following protocol, she missed an opportunity to collect potentially valuable evidence. Hopefully, it is a lesson learned.

It may result in a new FBI protocol or OSCO ammending the way they word requests to include fingerprints and any other evidence made visible during the course of testing and that would be good.
Her word is as good as a photograph in the meantime IMO. Stickers didn't kill Caylee.

CA testified, on cross examination of all places, that the got the dates mixed up and didn't have a calendar in front of her. This was all in front of the jury, so I think this was explained. and IMHO, this jury is not as familiar with CA as we all are and found her to be a very believable, loving, grieving grandmother.

This entire mixup on the dates has bothered me a lot!!! I found it far fetched that Cindy says she didn't know the right date was the 15th until the day before the bond hearing. LE returned the Father's Day video to her the day before the hearing and that's when the error was brought to her attention by YM. The bond hearing was on the 22nd. If I have the dates right that means they all had six full days to rethink and examine their recollections -- and still they didn't discover the date was wrong. They had lots of time to look at a calendar in those six days and I would think it should have occurred to at least one of the four of them to do so. I don't buy it!!!!

This entire mixup on the dates has bothered me a lot!!! I found it far fetched that Cindy says she didn't know the right date was the 15th until the day before the bond hearing. LE returned the Father's Day video to her the day before the hearing and that's when the error was brought to her attention by YM. The bond hearing was on the 22nd. If I have the dates right that means they all had six full days to rethink and examine their recollections -- and still they didn't discover the date was wrong. They had lots of time to look at a calendar in those six days and I would think it should have occurred to at least one of the four of them to do so. I don't buy it!!!!

not to mention the 12 days from CA's my Caylee is missing on July 3rd...
or the 18 days prior to July 3rd. Per CA she started missing Caylee the 16th of June..
MOO

I searched for it hoping to find the tape available to rewatch on Fox online, but no luck. Was it a special on the national Fox channel? TIA

Fox News Network> It was "On The Record" with Greta. It reruns here on the east coast at 1:00 am.

not to mention the 12 days from CA's my Caylee is missing on July 3rd...
or the 18 days prior to July 3rd. Per CA she started missing Caylee the 16th of June..
MOO

I thought CA's myspace message sort of indicated that CA knew ICA was angry and ICA wasn't letting CA see Caylee out of spite and jealousy. IMO

I thought CA's myspace message sort of indicated that CA knew ICA was angry and ICA wasn't letting CA see Caylee out of spite and jealousy. IMO
my point was why ... that at that time had she not looked at a calendar and realized the 15th Father's Day... was the last day she saw Caylee?
I'm not buying that she was so upset on the 911 call she gave the wrong date.
Guess it's just me... but I would. 100% without fail know the EXACT day my grandchild disapperared/ moved out/ was taken away from the only home she had ever known.
BUT,the *** would have hit the fan with in days! NOT A MONTH. and I would have paid the Nanny a surprise visit... several times.
However, I'm not CA and ICA is not my daughter. (thank Heavens)

I just finished looking over BOTH witness lists...and YES, Jesse Grund IS on the STATE witness list as well....

But have a few more questions...

I noticed that Roy Kronk is NOT listed as a witness on the DEFENSE list, so since the State did NOT call him to the stand during their presentation of case, does this mean that Defense CANNOT call him....

In other words, if prosecution neglects to call him to the stand tomorrow, or during their rebuttal case, Roy Kronk may not even be a witness in this case???

Where is ThinkTank when I need her?????:banghead:

According to WESH, Kronk's lawyer says that he has been subpoenaed:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28223487/detail.html

At the very end of Part 6 of WFTV 6/13/11 trial video is a still shot of ICA. In it she must be aiming for a rag mag portrait. It is very spooky, her hands are interlaced at her jaw line, and she put on a strange? smile for her fans. Cannot get over how she plays for the camera.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137205"]Anthony Jury Panel - Individual Profiles ***READ ONLY*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

5/23/2011
Anthony Jury Panel - Individual Profiles ***READ ONLY***
Profiles created by:
Kaylynn Couture and luvmy4brats
Thank you!!!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mgKqMwusbjYrwYzM7s3M7n7LSN4xdLrEfkbwZHbiU88/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

and

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20502089,00.html

June 13, 2011
Casey Anthony Trial: Meet the Jury

Knowing the track record of Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick, I don't think they're making mistakes on this case. There's a strategy in place and we just have to wait and watch in unfold.

I TOTALLY agree! I can hardly wait. I feel like a 4 year old waiting for Santa Claus! :christmastree: I just re-watched LDB's entire opening statement and I believe she laid it all out so perfectly that the jury had to have gotten the whole picture right then. All the witnesses/experts that followed just backed up her "Story of Caylee Marie Anthony".

Then they had to sit thru the Baez fairy tale. :liar: If any one of them didn't think, "Then why did she sit in jail for 3 years if it was an accident?" I'll eat my car!

I have complete faith that the SA knows exactly what they're doing, plus the closing argument will be spectacular. :fireworks:

I can hardly contain myself visualizing the DT's CIC if Baez runs the show. :skip: This will be entertainment at it's best. We need to start a pool of how many "Objection, your Honor", "Sustained's" there will be. (I'd suggest a drinking game, but NOBODY can hold that much alcohol, I don't care WHO you are!!!):silly:

Busy at work all day - missed everything until it was all over. TG this thread is still open so I can vent.

I watched every single minute of the OJ trial back in the day. I knew he was guilty as sin. But when the verdict was read, I understood why. I had watched what got objected to, I watched every sidebar, I heard every jury instruction by the judge. My family thought I was nuts, deaf and blind for understanding why he wasn't found guilty. I wasn't nuts, I watched the legal tango with my own two eyes.

This cutting short of the prosecution's CIC is making me sick to my stomach.

Please let this case turn out the right way.

Do we know who the source was? Very interesting as it's the first time I've heard about this.

The 'Source' throughout the reports is Mark Hawkins, a long time friend of Casey and presumably Casey's family as well.

The military transmittals reference him only as Source, along with some form of military ID, as is their protocol. It looks to me like typed statement(s) with civilian names and signatures were incorporated into the final report once NCIS deemed its investigation closed.

HTH!

And I don't think it was silencing because of how much duct tape was used and that it was stuck so much in her hair. If you wanted to keep a child quiet only. You'd want to be able to remove it without pulling out the hair. It was placed on intentionally to be permanent!

Do you think it was a crime of passion/rage, or premeditated? tia

What could possibly be that exception of not calling 911 for your child?

A sense of guilt in that the incident happened hours before the child being found, plus a young parent being fearful due to feeling/being neglectful, could cause a young parent to cover up the incident, if they knew for certain the child was deceased and had been deceased for a long period of time.

I don't believe that is what happened in this case.

moo

Me either. Why would ICA need to cover anything up? She was accustomed to getting away with everything! In ICA'S own words.."come on!" she didn't even remove the duct tape to support her drowning theory. She should have said kidnapped at the park by an unknown person.
Not blame multiple random people for the same crime.

I'm so glad the mods left the door unlocked overnight, because I've tossed and turned all night. Finally just gave up and made coffee.

I hope these jurors are managing to sleep better than alot of us WSers are. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member