2011.06.16 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is this sidebar about the VT debacle perhaps?

InSession In Session
#Baez and Ashton are going through some exhibits during the recess. #CaseyAnthony

So JA asked where JB was going with the FBI witness... then sidebar... then in chambers. Wonder what is up?

God grant me the serenity
To accept the sidebars that drag on
Courage to sit on my hands when necessary.
The wisdom to heed previous admonitions

Is Vasco the new Zanny? Back to kidnapping again? Will Casey ever take the stand? :floorlaugh: Tune in for the new crazy soap opera The Defense Team Blues.

I think JB is trying to poke holes in the boat - Bloise's exam was steering toward protocols and contamination and only focusing on ICA, but LDB put that right (and so did Bloise). I think it was more of a warm up with a friendly witness... IMHO

See if I were a juror, that would not go towards reasonable doubt. It would go towards desperation. To me if that's all you have, unless you can prove actual tampering, it means you don't have anything. I would want to hear the explanation promised in the opening statement. I just don't understand people saying this could go toward reasonable doubt. It's NOT reasonable IMO.

im up to early for this!

caseytrial162.png

What a look!

IMO, they will be going through the list of items...and making sure all are in evidence.

So that the DT doesn't pull a fast one...like opening the can of odor. :great:

#CaseyAnthony Oh my. The convicted felon the defense wants to call as a witness is holding a news conference at 4 at courthouse
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 10:03 AM

See if I were a juror, that would not go towards reasonable doubt. It would go towards desperation. To me if that's all you have, unless you can prove actual tampering, it means you don't have anything. I would want to hear the explanation promised in the opening statement. I just don't understand people saying this could go toward reasonable doubt. It's NOT reasonable IMO.

ITA. It's certainly not reasonable doubt as the jury will hear it described in the jury charge.

I agree, but I know too much about this to offer anything remotely objective. One of the tweet earlier said that one juror - a guy - who never takes notes, is actively writing...to me this says there's a person or two perhaps thinking "well, this widdle gurl couldn't have acted alone...." Hope I'm wrong. But again, I think LDB cleared up most of that....

Usually contaminated evidence, though, isn't presented for the jury. It is almost always entered into the record so that an appellate court will review the level of "contamination" and overrule any sort of judgment from the lower court. From what I've seen, I really think the DT is entering things for the, inevitable, appeal, and setting things up for the penalty phase. IMO they are not trying, directly, to convince this jury to let her go.

So JA asked where JB was going with the FBI witness... then sidebar... then in chambers. Wonder what is up?

I believe Baez is quetioning this FBI witness on evidence that has not be put into evidence...does that make sense??

It appears anything the DT brings to the witness stand, the State will SLAM it with a BAM...short, sweet and to the point of their CIC...they must keep this trial on their track and knock the DT out of that courtroom....:maddening:

Watching old movies and seeing people smoke during trials makes me miss the old days (even though I wasn't alive). It would be interesting to see when the smokers of the jury would light up a cigarette. Don't know why it crossed my mind, I just think you can tell a lot from when people light cigarettes.

It would also be interesting to see the difference in cigarette lighting from when the State is at the podium and when the Defense is at the podium.

I think I am losing my mind. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members