2011.06.16 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Caylees and Caseys DNA was ruined..we don't know for sure if it was ruined or never there in the first place..why wasn't the DNA that was present on the tape ruined? This does not make sense. I don;t think the duct tape was ever on Caylee's face.

BBM
Duct tape was found across the front of her skull stuck to her hair - it had held her jaw bone in place as if she were still alive.

I sincerely hope that the general public, and especially the jurors, are smarter than the talking heads on IS.

I'm a little worried about the whole 17 issue. Casey and Caylee were excluded because they are 14-15... okay... so what is 17?? I remember the defense talking about mystery DNA during the first "48 Hours" special... so if it was mystery DNA, it doesn't match Roy Kronk or anyone else.
SNIPPED
If I understand all of this correctly, the "mystery" DNA came from a lab person, who handled the evidence without wearing gloves. And of course 48 Hours didn't bother to delve into it further; HOWEVER . . Baez keeps bringing it up because he wants to imply that DNA evidence can not be trusted. MOO

I didn't see it as a point for the DT. I saw it as even more sinster acts by ICA in the murder of Caylee. If Caylee was smothered or poisoned by cholroform, why was there blood? I'm not sure I understood the point that JB was trying to make, except if there was blood, then the State is wrong about cause of death?

Did I miss something in between about what JB was hoping to accomplish?

Salem

What I wonder is why he's looking for blood in a case where he states the victim accidentally drowned? The jury isn't going to forget that JB stated this in his OS. They're looking for the proof that Caylee drowned. Blood does not prove that.. at all. :banghead:

:dunno: I really think JB was acting differently today. Can't put my finger on it. Almost demure. I really have to wonder if he is embarrassed by his opening.

:floorlaugh: I think he finds his witness........rather appealing...:innocent:

IS saying Juror 4 taking first notes ever, started with first witness for defense.

I remember seeing (on the evidence list it is listed next to these items) there was one test that was positive for blood on both the blanket and shorts but was not backed up with a second test, kind of like the chloroform tests from the sides of the trunk. IMO, it would not be crazy to think there might have been blood on either of these two items from decomposition or animal damage...

I understand what you're saying and don't disagree.

I wonder what test was used that detected possible blood. (for instance does it detect the presense of the hemoglobin etc...) because I thought I read here that decomp fluids (purging fluids) don't usually contain blood/red blood cells. Also, if an animal is damaging a corpse would that corpse produce blood? I don't have the answers. Just curious though. Doesn't mean I have reasonable doubt though. I believe she's guilty already and I haven't seen the entire trial. :)

For whoever asked a few pages back, i just rewound to get the exact wording of the question JB asked. The court reporter read the question back and this is what she said:

"Were you asked to conduct a paternity test for Lee Anthony, as to Caylee Anthony's potential father of Caylee Anthony?"

We so very much need and deserve these:

gili_pool_cocktails.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LI20iydaNdc/TMbITBj5yTI/AAAAAAAAC-Q/EXf8WquTxaY/s400/gili_pool_cocktails.jpg

Thank you ynot!

That whole 3 hours of blah blah blah by Baez was for one reason only, confuse the jury make them think they are missing a key point = deflection and obfuscation.

I could claim the that anyone raped me or molested me. It doesn't make it so. The State tested the DNA for parentage to eliminate moments just like the one we just saw. Casey was claiming Lee touched her. Anthony Lazzaro told them that. So in order to properly investigate they tested. It doesn't mean they believed Casey's claim it means they were thorough in their investigation.

I agree, and remember that the witness said her notes indicated that FBI Agent Nick Savage discussed the paternity test. We noted way back that Savage has been closely linked to Leonard Padilla, and wasn't the whole "Lee is the father" thing one of Leonard's mini-bombshells that never produced anything?

It would seem to me that Leonard planted the seed, whether or not from something his team heard within the house, and Savage picked it up and ran with it.

Now Jeff Ashton needs to get his emotions under control and calmly cross-examine the witness to show the jury that there really is nothing to see here.

IS discussing Casey and CM liking each other. I bet she's hoping if convicted he'll send her snack money. She probably knows JB is broke. :floorlaugh:

Then HHJP needs to keep that in check while in open court. Fair enough if he doesn't like JA, but dressing him down and sniping at him makes it obvious.

As a professional with a long and stellar career, HHJP certainly has enough self control not to let his dislike show in open court.

My opinions...

If His Honor even gives the hint that he has any problem with anyone on the DT, he knows they will be all over him for bias and could possibly stop this trial.
Just be patient. I truly believe the right verdict will be reached. jmo

I agree, and remember that the witness said her notes indicated that FBI Agent Nick Savage discussed the paternity test. We noted way back that Savage has been closely linked to Leonard Padilla, and wasn't the whole "Lee is the father" thing one of Leonard's mini-bombshells that never produced anything?

It would seem to me that Leonard planted the seed, whether or not from something his team heard within the house, and Savage picked it up and ran with it.

Now Jeff Ashton needs to get his emotions under control and calmly cross-examine the witness to show the jury that there really is nothing to see here.

LP has done nothing positive for this case or Caylee IMO of course.

It seems to me he is trying to prove a negative by saying since Casey and Caylee's dna couldn't be detected who else's dna could have been there that we don't know about. Also add to that a fbi tech shed a hair so he wants them to look sloppy.

ITA, losing battle, that. Will not fly.

I think that stunt JB just pulled will be the reason the SA's will take the gloves off and go for the "kill" now with all of the DT in rebuttal. They have had enough of their BS from the last three years to do them all in.

That whole 3 hours of blah blah blah by Baez was for one reason only, confuse the jury make them think they are missing a key point = deflection and obfuscation.

The problem with that imo is if he had a good point in all that mess the jury is just going to overlook it or block it out.

I didn't see it as a point for the DT. I saw it as even more sinster acts by ICA in the murder of Caylee. If Caylee was smothered or poisoned by cholroform, why was there blood? I'm not sure I understood the point that JB was trying to make, except if there was blood, then the State is wrong about cause of death?

Did I miss something in between about what JB was hoping to accomplish?

Salem

No Salem, I think I've missed something LOL

My brain is numb from that tedious display today. The only thing that I think that can account for the "possible" result of blood was from the decomp - but I'm sure that Baez has a nasty little fairy tale up his sleeve to try and twist this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste