2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, she examines grafitti on bathroom walls. Yeah, who doesn't?

He didn't listen to her answers, she already went over this. Unreal.

He is showing, however, that the collection team was overly selective in what they chose to send out to the lab. One of those bottles could easily have been used as the murder weapon, or any of the other loose items (strangulation, etc.), but they chose, instead, to send the lab a single sticker that was further away from the remains, than these items.

Fairly good point. Doesn't change my opinion, but that was a pretty solid defense rebuttal to the sticker.
IIRC...there were other tested items. The State didn't need to have them entered. They obviously worked in lanes closer to the bulk of the remains...but it wouldn't surprise me once done when info was relayed about the sticker they specifically went to look for a sticker.

I'm a long time lurker, but I read the board daily!

I tend to agree that the puffy heart sticker is irrelevant to Caylee. I think it just happened to be in the woods.

It would make ICA seem a little more human to me had she applied that sticker. As if maybe she experienced a moment of remorse for her precious dead child and the heart was symbolic. Unfortunately, I don't think she has felt (or will feel) any pangs of remorse over the loss.

yes, that is the importance of the heart being sent for testing not all the other stuff.

Well, I don't even know if this sticker matches the residue found, do I? Because there's no picture of it. So....meh.

JMO

He made a valid point...that sticker could have come from anywhere.

LDB just chose not to argue THAT point, but instead pointed out, with force, that this was a trash dump this child was found in. One thing has nothing to do with the other. His point is STILL valid.

JMO

Yes, but it doesn't break the case. So okay, the sticker wasn't important. There was still a two year old killed horribly and thrown away like trash. I don't understand why they are attacking something so little that doesn't do a darn thing towards making Casey look innocent. I'm sure that sticker is LAST on the jury's important evidence list. Good Lord. Talk about picking the wrong battles.

This lady's lucky the DT hasn't accused her of killing Caylee...yet.

OMG ! I had no idea there was all this trash & garbage. No Idea ! This child TRUELY was tossed away like garbage. This is very disturbing.

I'm sure the members of the jury are feeling the same revulsion at this moment.

She is going to get death. Thank you for introducing this Mr Baez.

It's amazing how good the CSI crew was to find all of Caylee's bones that they did. They were scattered over a large area in all that garbage. And after a flood no less.

Lorie Gottesman, document examiner, I think JB is going to try and discredit more of the states evidence.

Jose is finding out that his witness works for the FBI. He wants her to share her educational background. She is giving her educational background. Jose is asking about the nature of questioning document examiner.

Handwriting. Printing. Plastic bags. Shredded paper. Liquid soaked documents. She compares questionable items with known items to find its authenticity or origin.

She was trained at the FBI. She went to meetings. She took tests. She had oral boards. She worked actual cases under certified folk.

Jose asks if her field relates to more than just docs.

She says it is not necessarily documents that writing is on: for example a person might write a threat on a wall. Any type of writing could be on a substraight.

Do you belong to any groups?

yes. Lists groups.

Just a reminder that this is the person who's DNA was on the duct tape.

Does she know why she is here? She's laying her experiance out and he is going to try and smear her.

I'll admit I zoned out an hour ago, I'm now enjoying watching Baez bumble around with his crappy photocopies.

Oh God. I kept hearing that organization as "*advertiser censored*-clad."

Jurors 11 and 12 shared a tiny smirk when Linda had the witness classify the area as a "trash dump." Thats what they'll remember.by stevehelling via twitter at 2:45 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz