2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So again, The DT uses a really big pad to DRAW visuals in open court. Am baffled just as I was with the pictionary stick figures after the disputed video last week. Someone suggested here that was to make it "the poor little defense team has no fancy smancy tools like the big bad prosecution". I guess that is what this is? Why is the witness drawing her table? They couldn't print that out for the jury?

Do defenses in cases like this usually start out of the gate with DNA evidence like this? Seems like a bad idea since "boring" science will lose jurors much faster. Obviously the science is vital to both sides but wouldn't it be more prudent for JB to start with witness testimony to engage the jury and not give them horror flashbacks to 9th grade bio?

All of this mumbojumbo to get to the point that an FBI employee touched the evidence and her DNA contaminated anything else that may have been there.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

my head hurts.

I'm bored outta my goard!...gonna go do dishes...bbl.

I think the witness is getting really annoyed with all this. She is not alone, I feel her pain.

Is it me or is JB doing a good job explaining to the jury why the duct tape didn't have Casey's or Caylee's DNA in it?

I am so confused. Maybe this is JB's strategy. To just bore and confuse the jury to no end. I hope the SA can ask 2 questions on cross that will show all this time and testimony was waste of time.

Yep,if you watched Phil Spectors trial ,this is exactly what Linda Kenny-Baden did. Mass confusion and a whole lotta nothin'

This is beginning to remind me of the OJ trial, too. There was a LOT of something (lengthy testimony concerning DNA evidence)but it was so much that it was confusing and , in the end, did not even matter when the jury reach their verdict, it seemed to me.

you can't contaminate something that isn't there to begin with and if anything was contaminated it was the item of evidence not the dna that was never detected.

thank you!

Didn't he just ask that question?

Does he understand the answers?

I don't know if he understands the answers, but I know that I don't.

I'm now watching birds outside the window. Sue me. I'll gladly take an "f" on this test.

Here's why the jury got confused:
caseytrial165.jpg

:websleuther:
:floorlaugh:

Watching and hearing Casey´s defense team is like being lost inside a giant cotton ball. Everything is blurry, muffled and unclear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..