2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand what the point of submitting a result of a test that a DNA profile result where you rely don't know if a male or female touched the shovel when a male gave the shovel and a female received the shovel... Maybe JB is going for a 'perry mason' moment

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF HEATHER SEUBERT BY JB - Continued

One of the markers on the shovel reached above the 50 RFU level, did not reach 200 level and did not have sufficient markers.

Is there something there?

OBJECTION - leading - SUSTAINED

At the locations, a result was not obtained at the 13 locations.

For the sex typing, there is an indication present of DNA at that location, but does not meet her reporting criteria.

3/19/09 report -

SIDEBAR #4

"Cause it's useless and will only confuse the jury. But, that's all Baez can offer, confusion.

I'm sorry WA I disagree. I do think defense might have a plan here. I'm not going to just completely disregard everything they have to say. That makes two instances now of DNA found and if the defense uses it to their advantage they can show that there was contamination at the FBI lab and that the DNA found on the shovel could either be from a female or a male. Just don't know where they are going with this...is all.

I lost feed! ACK!

Man alive, I feel so bad for this jury. If the rest of the DT days front and center are like this they are going to feel like a deck of cards in a gin rummy game - shuffle shuffle shuffle.

I still don't get this...what is the point? They cannot determine if it was ICA's DNA, the neighbors DNA, his wife's DNA, his kid's DNA, etc.... This does not prove or disprove anything. It creates no reasonable doubt (imo), because it tells the jury nothing about who used it and who didn't. Why waste the time? I am lost. :(

I am very bothered by this line of questioning....I don't understand how it is beneficial to ICA to prove their was DNA on this shovel??????? Unless KC tells her story and says she used the shovel for XYZ and it supports her BS?

BB is owner of the shovel, of course there would be traces of MAYBE male dna there. I hope JA blows the carp out of this one!!!!

Precisely..Cannot obtain any profile given there is no complete DNA obtained only a partial....Didnt this shovel belong to the neighbour?..Maybe could have been a partial from him..so unless Kronk, or George used that shovel??..Hummm rather a convoluted suggestion by Baez..I am sure JA will clear this up in his cross:crazy:

Maybe a squirrel used it.

Oh the captions I could give this............ but, I love the MODS.....so I won't..... I will just share!
ohthecaptions.jpg

They are going to try and say it wasn't ICA who used the shovel. Another dig at GA. But don't know how that will fly with the jury since she was the one who borrowed the shovel.

And in photos of his shed, George has approx. 753 shovels of his own....

SA has a real problem with Baez introducing this DNA evidence.

Mr. Ashton being reprimanded by Perry. SA really really doesn't want this evidence in, wonder why?

Because it's meaningless, stupid and wasting the Court's time?

They are going to try and say it wasn't ICA who used the shovel. Another dig at GA. But don't know how that will fly with the jury since she was the one who borrowed the shovel.

ITA!!!
Yeah, the neighbor only dreamed that he gave the shovel to ICA....geeze

Am I the only one who thinks that what she just stated, that there was a tiny amount of "X", "X" being female, on the shovel, that it helps the state?

:waitasec:

Oh I see, Jetaime, thanks for the heads up.

I really need to stop playing Angry Birds and pay closer attention, lol.

I think HHJP mollycoddle's JB because he knows they're up **** creek without a paddle. I think he pities him and is trying to make it less obvious.

MOO

It's still no excuse for the way he always slams Ashton down........I have noticed this from the very beginning. He should have "scolded" the DT many, many times on their behavior and he didn't. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay