2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lost.

If there is nothing in the *can*, on the *can*, etc., why did the State photograph it & enter the photo as evidence?

How is the *can* relevant?

Help! I want to understand!

The can was in the bag of trash in the back of the Sunfire (ICA's car) the entire trash bag contents were inventoried and entered (that is what you see pictured). It is good they were since that is one if the things the DT is saying caused the smell (even though they also said the smell was caused by a decomposing body earlier)

MOO

To me, there's nothing wrong with JA's 'pigs in a blanket' comment - simply because him saying that helped relax the witness he was trying to tear apart. Getting him (the witness) to laugh helped him (JA) do just that with a smile.

If it was ok for Casey to laugh out loud at it???? THAT should be the point.

No kidding - and I hope the jury took note of that little titter of her's, since in all reality, the "Pigs in a Blanket" that was being referred to was acutally her baby.

I'm lost.

If there is nothing in the *can*, on the *can*, etc., why did the State photograph it & enter the photo as evidence?

How is the *can* relevant?

Help! I want to understand!

Well, if they hadn't, JB would be saying, well, you didn't photograph it, you threw it away, how do you know there wasn't something in that can that made an unholy smell.

they need to have the evidence to rule out the cans as a source of decomp odor.

JA is doing fantastic but is it just me or does anyone else think he could have just came up for his cross and said

You stated that you saw pictures of the evidence.
Did you EVER inspect or conduct any tests on ANY of the evidence, the car, the stain, the bag of trash or the paper towels personally like Dr. Haskell did?

Witness: No I did not

No further questions!!

It would have been alot faster. lol

Seriously, I do understand that JA is crossing this T's and dotting his I's but sometimes less is more. KWIM??

It's almost as if JA wants to teach JB a lesson by showing him that if JB brings this ridiculous, time-waisting B.S. in front of him again, he will smack it down and make him look like a chump time and time and time again.

open the salami, open the air can....lets see which one smells like decomp??

Definition of ANNIHILATE
transitive verb
1a : to cause to be of no effect : nullify b : to destroy the substance or force of
2: to regard as of no consequence
3: to cause to cease to exist; especially : kill
4a : to destroy a considerable part of <bombs annihilated the city> b : to vanquish completely : rout <annihilated the visitors 56–0>
5: to cause (a particle and its antiparticle) to vanish by annihilating

:great:

of impeaching the credibility of this witness. That's important as the witness is clearly not being, well, truthful, to be honest. He has clearly tailored his testimony to benefit the defense and it's an essential part of JA's job to destroy him. I also kind of like JA is not some jaded prosecutor who really doesn't care anymore. I feel real passion in this case form the prosecution team and I find that admirable.

I just want to point out for those worried about JA's aggressiveness it is his job to confuse, impeach, and destroy the defense witnesses. I'd say he's damned good at it!

Oh JB. Plea during this recess. Plea like you have never pled before with the state. Get on your hands and knees and beg for mercy! You are so over and done, your defense is so eviscerated, you just should not go on!

First it was Dr. G, and now Ashton is my hero!!!!!!! Another WARRIOR for Caylee!!!!

And some of you were worried! LOL

Oh my...I thought the defense did a good job this AM (sorry but I did) then JA steps up and turns this witness around 180 degrees... No way will ICA ever take the stand, even if she was considering it before, there is no way she will want to face JA. wow

Wonder if ICA is thinking of firing her DT and getting a do over? She just might pull this imo.

This guy made all his conclusions about the garbage by LOOKING AT PICTURES of it!!!

Yes, you are right - I caught that earlier in Dr. Huntington's testimony and could NOT believe it - that and he was completely skipping over what was on the paper towels - like they didn't exist....:banghead:

To me, there's nothing wrong with JA's 'pigs in a blanket' comment - simply because him saying that helped relax the witness he was trying to tear apart. Getting him to laugh help him do it with a smile.

If it was ok for Casey to laugh out loud at it???? THAT should be the point.

I don't think there was anything wrong with JA's question either, because I am sure he didn't mean it as a joke! I think he wanted to drive home the point that this witness' experiment results should not be relied on because he did not duplicate the wrapping/bagging of the pig.

Now after me:

I feel better.
I feel better.
I feel better.
I feel better.

And down goes a shot of tequila!

I feel like such a bad mommy. My son is looking out the window longingly wanting to go swimming and I can't tear myself away from JA.

I sat my family down at the beginning of the trial and said "I am apologizing now for the neglect you will rcv over the next 6 -8 weeks" :floorlaugh:

Your kids are only young once. You can re-watch this later on WFTV. JMO. :)

I feel ya! I have missed the entire week of trials because we IRONICALLY came to Orlando for vacation lol. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to catch up! I have been trying to come here and read, but it's been useless at 10 min a day :O

I'm glad Ashton brought up 12/11, but wish he would've pointed out it was before Caylee was identified. Maybe he still will, though. Would be a good finish.

That is exactly what I am waiting for. Maybe he will wait until the very end and make a lasting impression.

ITA. There used to be a gardener on TV years ago that also used natural things for garden insects. One of the things was to soak tobacco in water and use the water to kill bugs in the garden. Definitely poisonous to bugs!

Spray it on and the bugs are gone!

ETA: Never pour on straight tobacco spittle, it will kill the plants, must water it down majorly.

ITA. There used to be a gardener on TV years ago that also used natural things for garden insects. One of the things was to soak tobacco in water and use the water to kill bugs in the garden. Definitely poisonous to bugs!

I have heard that too!

Get that carpet out Jeff! You rock baby! :)

This expert must make Jeff sick, to sell out their opinion on the back of a dead child.

Darn it, ya'll. You need to slow it down on the posting. I can't keep up.

I'm loving this cross! :great: But, dayum, is it going to take an entire day for each of the DT's witnesses?

From grandma an the trial board: "NOOOOOOOOOOOO names please. We want you all here for this trial. Every single one of you is important to us here at WS. Please refrain from name variations or name calling in any way. Thanks. "

Rut roh, at the point that JA mentioned "No food" in the "Trash," I think I should have said that the words "squirrel and weasel" came to mind. I left out squirrels...my bad...and it got deleted.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021