2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he has no idea how long it takes for a child to decompose

This is understandable to me. How many bodies of deceased children have been donated to science in order to collect decomposition data? I would expect zero.

Witness seems to be stammering more. He's coming across as less credible to me. Using the word "arbitrarily" a lot.

JA: "Perhaps I can make this easier for you."
Witness: "Thank you." (laughs nervously)

It's not $$$ but it would be a huge feather in his cap if he could get a jury to believe his testimony over his mentors.

He's a young guy who really wants to make a name for himself as a learned scientist.

This is something I have been wondering about expert witnesses like TH. The whole world is watching them testify in this case. In my opinion TH is testifying mostly incorrectly because he is not incorporating the big picture into his assumptions (the car was vacuumed & cleaned, the trunk had been left open, etc) so isn't he just making himself look like a bad scientist to his peers? Won't this just harm his career??

“....because I am not basing it on a specific model....” sounds like making it up as you go

Woohoo, temperature comparison, 90 degree to 60 degree days.

JA pointing out how inexperienced the witness is and how he is trying to make things fit with what the defense needs.

Very clear to me.

Now this scientist talks in circles and can not answer simple questions regarding decomp. Amazing!

During this line of cross examining - no jurors are taking notes. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:15 PM

Jurors are paying attention, but I haven't noticed them taking many notes. #caseyanthony #fox35
by anthonycase via twitter at 1:15 PM

JA is going to rip him to shreds. How do 2 60 degree days equate to 2 90 degree days?

LG suggests we all pause for a short song - it goes like this:
I put my left foot in - I take my left foot out and I shake it all about - I do the Hokey Pokey and that's what it's all about.

Second verse, the same as the first.....

Now, don't we all feel better?

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
During this line of cross examining - no jurors are taking notes. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

Such a shame...this young man is about to be so humiliated, he's going to feel like a school boy by the time JA gets through with him.

All this talk about decomposition and bugs eating a decaying body and not an ounce of emotion from #caseyanthony. #fox35
by anthonycase via twitter at 1:07 PM

I hope this is not lost on the jury. It speaks volumes to me.

Huntington says one day at 90-degree day equals about a day and a half of 60-degree weather. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:16 PM

This guy has just said that the insects would be expected to have been transported with the body. However, the body laid for a of minimum 5 months, had completely decomposed (thereby destroying any "food" for parasites that feed on the products of decomposition), was beset by small animal scavengers and was in a location that had been seriously flooded, what insects would still be with it?

Yes, during Frye Hearings, Dr. Vass said they actually did an experiment, iirc.

yes compared the smell of a squirrel vs. pig....the smells were different, one was sweet, one was musky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member