2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to pipe in here without reading prior posts as I'm cleaning and listening. This testimony is so easy to counter.

#1 - the tape itself was so deteriorated that it was there from the beginning. Duct tape will last much longer than flesh and this tape was almost destroyed. Most likely the decomp fluids aided in destroying the tape.
#2 - The tape was only still adhered to the hair because the flesh was gone.
#3 - No flesh or DNA would be left after the sticky was destroyed and under water for a period of time. There was nothing sticky left to hold evidence.

This guy is so obviously a hired gun. I hope the jury can see it.

Yep, so easy I think one of us could do the cross,IMO.

We are to believe that Casey didn't even bury her child but decided to tape her jaw shut while she was in the major stages of decomposition to hold it in place? Doesn't work.

No it wouldn't. Unless she looked that one up on google as well, I can't be made to believe that she would know that the mandible would fall off during decomposition to prompt her to put duct tape there. Doesn't work!

CM wanted to leave on this big BANG about how this witness has done whatever over 60 thousand times: lie...

but this <modsnip>witness ruined it by going on and on and on about HIMSELF. I think Casey is crying because everyone keeps talking about themselves. There are people just as self centered and evil in the room and they are getting all the attention.

:cow:

He is showing the strength of the duct tape to pull material with it. Hence, he is claiming the duct tape was put on a skeleton, and not a flesh-filled face. OK, so this opens up the question of who would have gone and done it, and why? To make it fit with the kidnapping scenario? This is what they are attempting to put in the jurors' minds. That Casey had help.......as in father? I am not buying it, but will any jurors?

And if "someone" had put it on the skelton to hold the mandible in place, why would it be LOOSE?

Yes...and the hair on his arm being stuck to the tape really doesn't apply, as Caylee didn't have a bunch of hair all over her face, like an arm would have.

Nor would a 2 1/2 year old child have anywhere near the hair of an adult male..let alone this witnesses arm hair.

Here's what I'm having trouble with.

There was ZERO DNA on the duct tape (excluding the FBi lady who inadvertantly got some of hers on it). That means there wasn't even any DNA from the person who originally tore that tape from it's roll..... why doesn't anyone ever mention that? It was disintegrated!!!

One of the talking heads on tv said that during closing expect to see them hold up the actual duct tape which looks like a single layer of cheesecloth to explain that there was no adhesive, no DNA, no coating and that this is the product of being in the flood conditions for so long. Hope it happens that way.

Spitz says there are 4 manners of death- suicide/accidental/homicide/natural causes. he says he can not say what Caylee's manner of death is
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:03 AM

I'm undecided as to suicide or natural causes.....

CA is there..GA left. Just like in Steel Magnolias.

Yup. Although women are more emotional. Women can handle much more in terms of emotional difficult things. I loved the title of that movie, it's my favorite movie in fact.

Math: 60K autopsies would be 3 a day for 56 years - 365 days per year, 7 days a week.

Yes...and the hair on his arm being stuck to the tape really doesn't apply, as Caylee didn't have a bunch of hair all over her face, like an arm would have.

Plus his arm is living tissue. That would be a valid experiment if after applying the duct tape, he cut off his arm and threw it in the swamp for 6 months.

Hrm....

For all those wanting ICA to be found guilty this is not actually to bad.

He didn't seem to deliver much of a killer blow to the Prosecution's case.

I think his explanation for the Duck Tape being applied is ridiculous! Like ICA was worried her jaw would fall off? ICA's motto was "outta site, outta mind" and that's what she did

Dr. Spitz may have been practicing forensic pathology for 56 years, but if I was a juror on this case, his opinion would appear "bought" to me.

I am curious. I wonder if he has ever had to look at the circumstances surrounding a death and make a ruling other than "I don't know" just from the circumstances. Sure he has, and I'm certain that JA will bring it up.

Oh Good Lord . . . JC on HLN saying it's a big deal that her skull decomposed when she was on her left side, but her skull was found upright.

We aren't idiots. All that means is that she was on her left side in the trunk and/or that when she was thrown out like trash, she landed on her left. But after the animals and flooding got to her, she ended up face up.

What does duct tape on his arm being pulled off right away and having hair and dna, have to do with decomposed duct tape in the woods and water 6 months on a decomposed body?!

Wow, that little "experiment" sounds pretty scientific, and all. I'm convinced!

smiley-sign0105.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member