2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA is going to take this witness's evidence apart piece by piece. Slowly and painfully.

Actually he isn't. But what he is doing is effective. Contrary to standard cross-examination practice he is asking open questions. Which seems to show how little Spitz knows about the non-medical aspects of this case.

Oh this is sad. This should have been a simple answer to a simple question. We could ALL answer this question in minute detail.

I hope JA is careful. I feel sorry for the guy. Obviously he isn't the man he once was and that is hard to admit sometimes.

"pool in yard makes possibility of drowning"???? Road in front of house makes possibility of being hit by car ^i^

Facts Dr S does remember:
1 Pool in the house.
2 A month before she was reported missing.

"That's all I remember."

So he heard nothing about drowning? Good for the jury to hear that this was a RECENt development...

Why does WS not have notes?? He pulled out a skull but no notes to refresh his memory. Oh my.

Would would he just mention the pool when there are other ways in the home that a child could die. Other than he may have been told by JB or the A's that she drowned.

Is he saying he did over one thousand autopsies a year?

That makes totally logical sense. When I worked at the ME's office here in Orlando (Dr. G's office) we did an average of (5) autopsies per day. So let's say if he worked 5 days a week that would be 25 autopsies performed per week which averages out to 1300 per year. Keep in mind the ME's office doesn't close for the weekend, they are available 24/7.......so performing a 1000 autopsies in one year is totally logical.

As a Paramedic here in Florida I have taken care of thousands of patients in 27 years........

Can't remember the victim's name or age... didn't read police reports... has no clue about how any of this happened except that Caylee was missing for a month. Pffft. Next!

Nice! This just reminds the jury of those 31 days when nobody called 911.

JC, he can't even get the victim's name correct.

He is not detailed oriented at all. A trait that has rubbed off on his son who missed a gunshot wound in a skull.

RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
This is not good for #CaseyAnthony defense, Dr. Spitz is basically admitting not aware of facts other than what Baez provided!?

Thank you MR Hornsby.

<snipped by me>
JA: what are the facts leading up to this body, what facts did you know?

I know there was a lapse of time of......pause.....a month of ah ah ah disappearance...ah ah...police report made.

JA: isn't (?) important

everything has to fit together like eh.....ahh...jigsaw puzzle. it all needs to fit to gether
<snipped by me>

Seriously. When the Prosecution gets the transcript of this testimony, they should quote Dr. Spitz in their closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee