2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly just think JB came up with his drowning theory with George Anthony and Kronk moving the body really late in the trial preparation. I think once he decided to go withthe drowning theory he briefed the witnesses on the duct tape and the witness were coming to court to testify about the tape not being the murder weapon, but he never corrected or upadte his paperwork, the reports etc., because he just thought he will get it through somehow or maybe he just didn't think it was abig deal since he very inexperienced. I think he did not expect this judge and the state to be so on top of things as to THWART him.

Now he is scrambling to keep his defense up and running.

I think the jury is thinking his defense is poor and full of holes, his witness are eager to lie and muddy the waters and the state has already proven with the first two, just how silly the theory is and now after the first two witnesses were destroyed I think the jury is thinking JOSE is struggling.

MO

Everytime I hear JB's little speech this morning I get madder and madder!!! He has nerve to slander JA personally like he did using alot of what JP said on Saturday to him. Wonder who helped him write his little speech? Because it sure was nasty!!! This guy is so much like Casey, no remorse whatsoever and blames everyone but himself!!!!!!! Sickening!!!

Rodriguez only mention is the line you have bolded above. Nothing else in wiki about him. I think he exaggerated his role in the early body farm. JMO

yes, if you just google body farm founder, you see nothing but article after article about Dr. Bass

awwww, poor ICA and JB the whole world is against them.
Everyone trying to conspire against them.
I have NEVER heard a lawyer WHINE as much as JB.

Life circumstances don't always allow parents to enable their children to play with others. I grew up an only child, no children in the family, and no children to play with until I went to preschool. I didn't know what I was missing, so I didn't miss it.

I turned out OK, I think.
I understand that there are life circumstances that don't allow young children to interact, with other kids their age, and I understand that many of them turn out fine. In this case, the mother had no job, no restrictions to bar her from taking Caylee to the park, or other places where small children would play. Every picture, every video of Caylee, shows her in the house or in the back yard of the Anthony home (minus one at Ricardo's and one in her car seat). Most mothers (who can) will find a way to arrange play time with other children...we do whatever it takes for our children to have that.

Some of that is encouraging, but I mostly did my reading via the major news online reporting. Mainly a reposting of the AP article by most. It made no mention of the cross exam, and strictly reported that Dr. S said the work was Shoddy on the autopsy. Nothing about him knowing little facts in the case or how he was exposed with his hysterical supposition of duct tape being put on after the fact. Disappointing to me. I noticed the online voting go up in favor of Dr. S here as those reports of the day came out because I can see how one could ascertain that from just the larger news reporting. Even the short reports on CNN and HLN and other channels seemed to be guided via the AP report with no mention of the cross examine.

Oh I have no doubt that a lot of the MSM is running with slanted stories. you are sure right about that.

That is why I'm so glad the Jury is sequestered right now.

I so-o-o would have loved to have gone to dinner with the state attorneys Saturday night after Dr. Spitz's testimony! Can you imagine the conversation?
How attorneys are able to keep a straight face during some of the outrageous testimony they hear is beyond me!! :giggle:

HHJP never did let JA respond to the accusations made by JB against him. Some of the mud slinging was personal. HHJP has been coddling JB from the beginning. Why?? Maybe, his good buddy CM?? How close are they??

in criminal cases or at least that's what I remember from Criminal Law. I know it definitely doesn't require any verdict be rendered.

Doesn't there have to be a final verdict in order for there to be double jeopardy?

Why am I just now seeing this? I peed my pants.:floorlaugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZf2EZg3_s&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Day 21, Pocket Squares and Fly Swatters‬‏[/ame]

Everytime I hear JB's little speech this morning I get madder and madder!!! He has nerve to slander JA personally like he did using alot of what JP said on Saturday to him. Wonder who helped him write his little speech? Because it sure was nasty!!! This guy is so much like Casey, no remorse whatsoever and blames everyone but himself!!!!!!! Sickening!!!

You're right, and it is very irritating, but for some reason I am finding it entertaining at the moment. He is clearly lying and trying to push blame somewhere else. No one gets a 2 page report and 45 slides of powerpoint on a Sunday evening right before Monday trial.

JB's faces as he is trying to be sincere remind me of a little boy just caught lying, no one has even pointed it out yet b/c he hasn't come up for air yet. (At the point I am right now in watching.)

:floorlaugh:
*In bold for emphasis by me*
My son is an only child and I'm a stay at home mom, because of this I try to find other moms like myself so that my son can have some time around other children instead of just relying on kids being at the park to play with, ICA could have used meetups or Facebook to hookup with other moms and arrange play dates for Caylee, that fact that she didn't speaks volumes to me.

We arranged 'playdates' for our youngsters (according to our work limits). Then, mom's exchangd ideas on child rearing, cooking tips, and babysitting. Now our kids are grown and moved out. We arrange 'play dates' for our dogs these days and the 'moms' still exchange ideas on pet care/problems, cooking tips, and pet sitting. :floorlaugh:

I have always felt JB was going to do anything possible to cause chaos during this trial but in my wildest dreams I didn't think it would go this far!!!!!!!!!!!

This is way over the top! When and if will she ever pay for what she has done??? I''m really beginning to wonder. The justice system works more in her favor than in little Caylee's....

I know I will probably get slammed for this but I firmly believe our justice system needs a revamping. When the defendant has more rights than the victim something is wrong...
And this is not just over ICA's case. It's in general!!!

Everyone expected this trial to be a circus. I just don't think any of us expected it to be to the great extent it has.

As to the BBM. It's always been this way, Bon. And it always will be. No matter how far victim's rights have come, IMO. I remember being denied access to certain vital documents and information concerning my daughters case because I was not a party to the case (State vs - not me vs). I was her mother, FGS, and I couldn't even have access to her autopsy report until the case was over.

We can cry foul all we want. It is what it is.

Jean C (InSession) just said that Baez is a "gentleman" in court. Really, Jean? All I see is a petulant, smirking, sulking 40+ year old man who obviously has no idea how to handle a capital punishment case nor how to conduct himself in court.

Here is (IMO) the biggest problem for defense experts.

Back in 2008, the DT theory was that Caylee was taken and killed by an imaginanny. They tailored their testimony to support those theories. This was sort of 'set in stone' regarding opinions once the discovery orders of December 2010 and Jan 2011.

Just SIX weeks prior to trial, the DT fashioned a ver different theory, they admit to ICA knowing the baby was dead, they claim it was a drowning and that ICA was not involved in the disposal. This new theory also includes Mr Kronk moving the body.

All of this was unsupported by the majority of the experts, since they were working on bolstering the SODDI theory.

Now experts are being questioned by the DT on issues that were immaterial prior to the new story........and so the web becomes more tangled.

This is the DT fault. Even if ICA fed them this new 'tale', they should have strongly advised her against this. I bet that JB will soon regret that attorney/client meetings are NOT taped at the jail. This will come back to bite him.

I believe this is why we are seeing problems with witness depositions and reports etc.

I think the DT knew beyond six weeks before the trial that this is the defense they would be putting up. It is a defense by ambush if you ask me.
They kept it quiet for as long as they could and knew it would throw the state off with regards to their plan and their witnesses and the prior depositions.

Maybe just stage-craft ? Or are we being primed to accept a mistrial, resulting in the accused 'walking' ? JB was, imo, deliberately provocative today (in addition to exhibiting blinding discourtesy towards the judge on several occasions). JB appeared to be reading from a script. He doesn't work alone, so it can't be that he scripted his performance whilst under the influence, therefore it's to be suspected the far more experienced CM at least vetted that script prior to today and was equally determined it should be as offensive and provocative as possible

Was JB being deliberately provocative with regard to the judge, the prosecution team and the world at large in order people will 'understand' if the judge deems a mistrial pronouncement the only response ? Did the 'talking head' (can't remember his name) jump the gun by telegraphing to the public that should the judge halt proceedings, it would be regarded as double-jeopardy, hence KC would 'walk' ? In stating that opinion, did the 'talking head' inadvertently tip us off as to what is to come ?

Are the judge, the defence team and possibly also the State, all party to such a scheme ? If so, who would have the clout to arrange it and why ? Who could KC know who would go to such lengths to see her exonerated ?

If any of the above has any basis in truth, would the State be 'rewarded' for their co-operation with assured convictions of bigger criminal fish ?

I'd hate to think we're captive audience to an elaborate performance, at a cost of many millions of dollars to Floridan taxpayers

That's quite a conspiracy theory. imo

Watching IS (groan) and they are talking about how ME has to know the circumstances before they do the autopsy...I don't get this, why should they know that? Shouldn't they be looking for cause of death without any preconceived notions?

IS lol. They will be the ones to leech on to the "both sides" argument HHJP made in order to avoid the appearance of bias. I bet they say that both sides are responsible for this even though anyone watching the trial that has even two neurons in their brain knows JB is a horrible lawyer and this was entirely his fault.

sunny hostens...i know shes paid to give the defense pov, however

she also represents herself as a expert who helps the viewer understand whats happening.

she gets an F on this interpretation:

as to <modsnip> outrage that the skull wasn't opened. she said the defense may have scored because the jurors will want to know why it was not and thats good for the dt.

OR

since Dr G. did not open it, the jurors may discount Dr G's testimony, since dr. s. criticized it.

and thats a win for the DT

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and thats it. those are the only two alternatives she offers to help the viewer understand the issue.

For some reason, the State did not follow through, after appearing to put in so much work with Spitz re: the skull issue

JA painstakingly drew Spitz's attention to the position of the hair in order to force acknowledgement (on Spitz's part) that this, the position of the hair, illustrated that the skull had not remained permanently on the left side, as Spitz insisted.

The follow-through required JA to then assertively challenge Spitz's contention that the residue within a portion of the skull was brain-tissue remnant. Had JA continued this line of logic, it would have done a great deal to demolish Spitz's claim that opening of the skull of skeletonized remains was absolutely necessary, indeed, 'protocol', and in doing so, Spitz's repeated criticism of Dr. G

However, JA backed-off at the critical juncture and this was regarded by many commentators as JA's unwillingness to subject the eminent Spitz to any further public humiliation ... a sentiment which was generally applauded and subsequently seemingly rewarded via Spitz's reported admiration for JA

Imo, JA needed to hammer home -- for the sake of the jury -- the points he'd seemingly been at such pains to establish throughout his lengthy and often confusing exchange with Spitz. But JA didn't follow through and via his numerous emphatic claims that Dr. G should have opened the skull, Spitz doubtless impressed upon the jury that Dr. G had failed to follow 'protocol' and had thus failed to gather vital information

So since Rodriguez chose to exaggerate his involvement in the early body farm, I am left thinking I can't trust any of his testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove