2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add, we don't really know if Baez asked the guy to run the tests or not - in the beginning Baez wanted to send the samples to Holland and Judge Perry said - Hell no, you ain't sending them out of the USA! Going from memory on a hearing last year or early this year, Baez sent the samples to Einkenlbloom (sp) in the USA and he was supposed to be at an ASCLAD (sp) lab (whilst his lab was still being built, even though Baez told the judge it was going to be finished in a few days from the hearing - which was a damn lie because the witness said today it was still not finished) and at the hearing the judge said when are you getting the results and Baez ummmed and ahhhed and said he left msgs but wasn't able to contact them and the judge said they have phones, receptionists and that the Judge wanted an answer now so then Baez sent Medina out to call the lab and Baez gave some bs story when she got back - not sure what happened then.

But - I guess end result is that either Baez is lying or the witness was about whether they tested the samples or not - or Baez told him NOT to test the samples. Either way there was something seriously shonky going on with what happened today with Baez/Eiken and the samples. Some big lying going on with someone or all of them.

Sorry, I don't mean to quote myself but I wonder if they did test the samples and it came up with ICA's DNA - would anyone put it past this defense team and Baez in particular to make damn sure those results would NEVER see the light of day?

I think this could be a distinct possibility.

After watching JB today, and other days actually, I always wonder why CM doesn't do more to help......at least advise him or tell him when to give it up with a witness???? I really think about this each day of this trial? He's gotta know he needs his help, right?

I'm completely stunned that Baez didn't even bother. Baez isn't a great lawyer, but searching the hard drive seems like a no-brainer, even to me, and I don't even speak legalese.

If I were KC, I'd be furious!

He never said he or his team didn't search specific dates or files. He said, (paraphrased) but your honor it was the whole hard drive! He chose not to focus on that evidence and that was his choice. Certainly he saw what was there, AIM chats, email, searches, etc but it didn't help his defense. Well, maybe if he really believed that all those chats and bar hopping was in an effort to do as Zenaida told her to do. Because he readily stated that they were looking for a live Caylee.

Once they changed there story to the accidental drowning and cover-up/GA framing the defendant, they had no choice but to ignore it all and hope that the prosecution simply forgot. Sometimes I wonder if JB remembers that there is a rebuttal phase. He has fought so hard for a mistrial and later motion for acquittal that he probably figured he wouldn't need to do any of the necessary leg work.

Please don't make me read all the way back!!

What is a thundershirt?? I have a little dog that is afraid of thunder.

A straight jacket for dogs. thundershirt.com Highly recommend it. Sorry for O/T everyone!

IMO, the new lawyer, Lisbeth Frye would do better than Baez. From what I have seen of her, she's articulate and succinct.

LKB tries to hard to dig up dirt on GA. She publicizes any and everything she can about him.

Oh good grief. LKB is on with Vinnie.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

She just said: Dr. Drew had an A.MAAAAAA.ZING interview with George's ex-wife and she said he's a liar....can you explain THAT, Vinnie?

YES I CAN.....ex - wife.
Duh.

Wish Vinnie would ask LKB how that proves sexual molestation or that he was involved in Caylee's death/disposal of her body.

He never said he or his team didn't search specific dates or files. He said, (paraphrased) but your honor it was the whole hard drive! He chose not to focus on that evidence and that was his choice. Certainly he saw what was there, AIM chats, email, searches, etc but it didn't help his defense. Well, maybe if he really believed that all those chats and bar hopping was in an effort to do as Zenaida told her to do. Because he readily stated that they were looking for a live Caylee.

Once they changed there story to the accidental drowning and cover-up/GA framing the defendant, they had no choice but to ignore it all and hope that the prosecution simply forgot. Sometimes I wonder if JB remembers that there is a rebuttal phase. He has fought so hard for a mistrial and later motion for acquittal that he probably figured he wouldn't need to do any of the necessary leg work.

I bet you big money that he paid that computer expert to look at the computer forensic reports compiled by LE that we all saw and that no one looked at that hard drive for themselves.

Which would then beg the question - Just where in the hell did all the money go? Because the longer this trial goes and the more information we get it seems like NO ONE was paid.

I guess I'm going to have to watch Dr.Wise testimony later. Was anyone called beside him and the botanist today?

ETA: Oh dear, I completely forgot about the Dr. from the Netherlands. I liked that guy. But anyway, anyone besides those 3?

Linda is saying the missing shoes play a part in evidence to what happened to Caylee (on HLN now).

IMO, the new lawyer, Lisbeth Frye would do better than Baez. From what I have seen of her, she's articulate and succinct.

Sorry..But dont think Lisbeth is an attny..I believe you are speaking about D Simms

Did LKB just say how is it possible that Kronk went to relieve himself 2 or 3 times and happened to come across the same body and ask how that's possible? Ummm... because the body was NEVER moved! There you go DT!!! Seriously she makes me ill.

Wish Vinnie would ask LKB how that proves sexual molestation or that he was involved in Caylee's death/disposal of her body.
I wish someone would ask LKB that if she truly believes what she's saying, why she isn't running her mouth where it might actually do some good: KC's defense table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrbojangles2