2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought presentation meant a lot during a trial. Appearances are important. I have been shocked that very little attention has been given to ICA's wardrobe. You can get some pretty cheap suits ,blouses and dresses,these days.Her clothes look like they came from the lost and found. I'm not saying that to be snarky. I'm really curious to know if it's deliberate and if so,why :waitasec: I've watched a lot of Court TV and InSession trials and I don't recall anyone wearing such inappropriate,ill-fitting clothes.

You are absolutely correct and there are Community Service Groups that have free professional suits and clothing for indigent citizens looking to better their situations. The DT wants her to look impoverished, forlorn, and woe-begotten. So that is why they want her in wrinkly over-sized an outdated clothing.

I guess I'm going to have to watch Dr.Wise testimony later. Was anyone called beside him and the botanist today?

ETA: Oh dear, I completely forgot about the Dr. from the Netherlands. I liked that guy. But anyway, anyone besides those 3?

DET Yuri was also on the stand!! he testified that he found no chloroform or chemistry sets in the Anthony home.

Hey, Vinnie! Yoo hoo, Vinnie! Over here!
Ask LKB how many people are convicted when they don't even find the body?
Can't have a MOD or COD without a body and they STILL get convicted?
Who knew.

Please don't make me read all the way back!!

What is a thundershirt?? I have a little dog that is afraid of thunder.

Thunder shirt

images

Reading the trial thread - did JB subpoena dr. Wise or something?

Vinnie and Stacy both said there are no coyotes in Florida. Wow.

I am so surprised you Floridians do not have coyotes!!! We have to be careful about letting our small pets out at night here in the Indy suburbs...

I watched the trial on the TV this afternoon rather than at my computer like I usually do. Something became very apparent to me as the afternoon wound down, and I am wondering if anyone else got the same impression I did.

To me, it seemed like JB flat out does not care any more. His whole demeanor was different. His tone of voice was different, the way he argued with the judge about sustained objections, asking the same question over and over even after an objecton was sustained. While it was not out of line with his usual antics, I think there was something different there this afternoon. I feel like he is thinking "What more can HHJP do to me at the end of the trial'. I think he knows his law career is over and he has no intention of listening to anyone about anything from this point on. I am seriously worried about him doing something reckless that results in a mistrial.

did anyone else get this kind of feeling or vibe from JB this afternoon.

A good friend and excellent observer said the 'moment' came when HHJP ruled against him about the computer evidence. the way he said I totally disagree and walked away from the podium was very telling.

I am so surprised you Floridians do not have coyotes!!! We have to be careful about letting our small pets out at night here in the Indy suburbs...

LOL...they DO have coyotes. Believe it or not.

Someone asked on the trial thread why so many feel that the witness for a side must support that side's theory rather than merely negating the other side's theory. I'm here to say that Dr. Wise neither supported the DT's theory nor negated the state's. Appalling.

That was me, Gitana1!

Oooooweee... what a day! Dr. Wise was awesome and Baez... well, was just pathetic.

I can't help but feel a bit disappointed and repulsed that this has all been reduced down into nothing more than a pizzing match because Baez hates Dr. Vass, though. When are they going to get around to putting on their CIC? This is all such nonsense.

Why did CM leave early? He really didn't like it when the Judge said they were going to go past 5 the other day. He tried to give him a sad, puppy look which I found revolting at the time. But really, is he that old and feeble that he can't go an extra half hour or hour? Or is he just being a petulant, stubborn cuss? Has he mentally checked out of this case? He didn't even bother to go up to sidebar much today and that's pretty much all he's been good for. I never understood why he's supposed to have this stellar reputation anyway, but that's beside the point, I guess. But he sure picked a dud of a case to go out on. And he thought it was going to be 'fun'. Heh...

BBM
Happy Hour :Banane35: at the pub down the street starts at 5:00. Rumor has it Cheney Mason is the life of the party.:bananapowerslide:

There were several posters from Florida who said earlier they DO have coyotes.

Vinnie and Stacy both said there are no coyotes in Florida. Wow.

Well somebody had best go outside here in Florida and tell all the coyotes that they need to leave, we can't have Vinnie and Stacy being wrong, can we?

Yes Lizbeth is a lawyer.

IF she is..She has done no examinations of any witnesses in this trial..She is apparantly part of the "Mitigation Team" aong with AF...so wondered regarding posters comments about her method of asking questioning of witnesses.. Dont mean to start an argument:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand