2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, that is what is so bad about the defense, is that CM doesn't even tell or advise Baez to let lisbeth do a witness or two, why is Baez still almost doing it all?
On a serious note, CM should take over the witnesses. When he did handle a witness he was far better than Baez, IMO.

I think - and I have no evidence of this - that Baez isn't allowing CM at the podium. Baez is (sadly) lead attorney, so it's his call, and he's making bad ones.

He more than likely doesn't have any emotion about Vass (dislike or hate).
JMHO.

Hi Kat,

I disagree on this one point because to me he seems to take everything personally. That's why it's so easy to wind him up.

Can someone expand on the Home Depot tapes? Never heard about that aspect. Why were they not submitted?

Iirc, they were submitted shortly before the trial started, there are several of them from May, June, and July of 2008. Because they held them back for so long makes them more intriguing, to me at least. I hope they have something realllllllly good on them!

See, that is what is so bad about the defense, is that CM doesn't even tell or advise Baez to let lisbeth do a witness or two, why is Baez still almost doing it all?

And IF Casey files an appeal for Ineffective Counsel, will that also include Mason since he is "of counsel"....or is the appeal written specifically directed at ONE attorney? (I am thinking it is defense team as a whole?)

If so, why isn't Mason appearing the least bit concerned to possibly have appeal court find he is INEFFECTIVE???

Or is this case his last hoorah and the FIRST book we see at Barnes and Noblie will be HIS????

No he isn't, IMO, and that's the problem.

I would have agreed that he wasn't attempting to do his job but I really do think he did try today.

I think that he just isn't skilled enough, he just doesn't have the experience he needs in order to try a case of this magnitude.

IMHO he has no business being lead counsel on this case. But what can be done? KC wants him and has stated as such many times over.

But I do think he really tried today. He just couldn't even get any headway because he is so unskilled. JMHO. We have to agree to disagree :) I'm cool with that :)

Does anyone know who filed a "Notice of Appearance" today? Does the DT have a new member?

I would have agreed that he wasn't attempting to do his job but I really do think he did try today.

I think that he just isn't skilled enough, he just doesn't have the experience he needs in order to try a case of this magnitude.

IMHO he has no business being lead counsel on this case. But what can be done? KC wants him and has stated as such many times over.

But I do think he really tried today. He just couldn't even get any headway because he is so unskilled. JMHO. We have to agree to disagree :) I'm cool with that :)
Oh I agree with you there.

He should listen to a far more skilled lawyer on his team, like Cheney Mason. I really think Mr Mason has tried to take Baez under his wing, but alas...

Okay I've typed this 3 times. I need to cut down my nails. grrrr. (lost it all 3 times)

IMHO Baez is just doing his job. (or trying to)

He was trying to illustrate to the jury that Vass isn't a chemist (thereby trying to discredit Vass' testimony).

He went overboard with it. IMHO the jury probably got that point the first 10 times he brought that to their attention. The other forty-eleven times was overkill.

JMHO.

I guess I'll agree to disagree, because IMO Baez has it in for Vass, Kronk, and I'm undecided on Melich.

I've seen Ashton and Baez both get angry, but with Baez it comes across as more of a personal thing, at least IMO, and I find him less professional and more of a spoiled brat kind of personality.

I've watched several trials involving attorneys on both sides going after witnesses, but Baez is the first time I've gotten the 'have it in for them' vibe.

Can someone expand on the Home Depot tapes? Never heard about that aspect. Why were they not submitted?

Welcome :wagon:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - I think they've been submitted but they're on a disc and we do not have accesse to the disc.

Something like the disc JB was complaining about in court today that has all the A's computer data on it making it difficult to find a certain piece of evidence.

After watching the trial today, I have the feeling this is the beginning of the end of this case for ICA. The DT is awful and their witnesses are being turned into Prosecution witnesses. I see a sense of hopeleseness with JB - he knows he's way in over his head but yet his ego seems to be in the way to allow for the other more experienced attorney's to question the witnesses.

The SA has proven their case of First Degree Murder, IMO.

This is JMO

He did say that. He was wrong.

And that was probably an honest mistake. I have lived in Florida my entire life and if my husband didn't tell me we had them, I wouldn't have known. And I live in the country where it is normal to see bear.

Okay I've typed this 3 times. I need to cut down my nails. grrrr. (lost it all 3 times)

IMHO Baez is just doing his job. (or trying to)

He was trying to illustrate to the jury that Vass isn't a chemist (thereby trying to discredit Vass' testimony).

He went overboard with it. IMHO the jury probably got that point the first 10 times he brought that to their attention. The other forty-eleven times was overkill.

JMHO.

Wile E. Baez can be like a coyote with a bone when he doesn't get the answer he wants like the chemist question ... but wouldn't it be a hoot if Dr. V went and got a chemistry degree between then and the next time he appears in court? I think Dr. V has a wicked sense of humor and he would do it...

Rbbm - that was one of my own thoughts that I had today...thanks for reminding me....do you all remember that the SA already submitted work schedules for GA and CA at the end of their presentation of the case? I was just sure I remember that! Anyone else?

Yes ~ it was one of the stipulations entered into before the State rested their case. Their time cards/work records were admitted into evidence.

Oh good grief. LKB is on with Vinnie.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

She just said: Dr. Drew had an A.MAAAAAA.ZING interview with George's ex-wife and she said he's a liar....can you explain THAT, Vinnie?

YES I CAN.....ex - wife.
Duh.

I loved it when Vinnie said he never believes EX-wives, EXperts or EX cons. :)

I can't take LKB's screeching and overtalking. She's so arrogant and biased. I fired off several emails to HLN telling them I turn the channel whenever she's on.

On JVM they are saying they talked to the woman from jail, April W and she doesn't know Casey nor has she spoken to Casey.

ETA, I guess that's nothing really, Casey found Zanieda on a quest card.

Stacy Horowitz just made a really good point on Vinny's show. In the jail house interview with her parents, when Cindy said to her, Oh the new theory is drown in the swimming pool, ICA responded "Surprise, surprise." Maybe she hadn't thought of her story yet.

Stacy was saying it would be good to look at the date of that tape along with the dates the other inmate was in jail.

Something that made me go, Hmmmm.

On a serious note, CM should take over the witnesses. When he did handle a witness he was far better than Baez, IMO.

I think - and I have no evidence of this - that Baez isn't allowing CM at the podium. Baez is (sadly) lead attorney, so it's his call, and he's making bad ones.
I heard JC say this. CM told her that that was the FIRST thing JB said to him, CM, when he came on team...that he, JB, was the LEAD attny.

He did say that. He was wrong.

Coyotes in FL

Though hunters released a few of them in Florida as early as the 1920s, coyotes didn’t establish themselves in the Sunshine State until the 1960s,
when populations from Alabama and Georgia moved into the Panhandle. Since then coyotes have spread to all but the southern tip of Florida, with researchers finding evidence of coyotes as far south as Fakahatchee Strand State Preserve in Collier County.

Taken from
http://news.ufl.edu/2004/04/09/coyotes/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members