2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
Stop #CaseyAnthony and listen, Baez is back with a brand new witness, someone not a chemist, testifies like state witness, daily and nightly

That's a rather frightening story. I'll probably have nightmares about it tonight. Of course, they won't be as bad as the one last week, where I dreamed I was one of the Anthony's. And lived in their house. Dang near woke up screaming. :floorlaugh:

Did you also dream about Dr. Spitz coming to talk to you people at that house?

Ahhh Bill S. Said that JB's not doing a search on the computer hard drive could open the door for an appeal. :(

Well, LKB was on JVM and she said it's not true, that they have a computer guy on the team. But...can you trust anything she says?? She seems to be pulling things out of the air. Even Jane had to ignore her, there was a brief silence after she spouted off her insane opinions of how things went today. Cannot believe HLN actually hired LKB, not a very popular choice.

Yep....it seems to me that JB has some sort of hang-up about chemistry!! I guess he never got a set when he was younger...:crazy:

Was he baaaaaad and Sanity Clause left him coal?

Oh wait. Just remembered. There ain't so Sanity Clause.

/duck\

Is that true? I know there are gators but no coyotes? Really?

I think there's just about every wild life imaginable in Florida. Now I doubt coyotes are running around suburban, but I know I've seen bears several times in my own backyard (black bears) so I wouldn't put it past the wildlife in Florida to have coyotes there. I'm not doubting the existence of ANY animal around these parts! It's a jungle out here!

I want to pose a question for all here...............

I have confidence that the state has a strong case. Beginning with his opening statement, the defense has been floundering.

But, I worry about the jury. Today I read or heard two things that concern me. One statement came from Jean Casarez, who said that the jury doesn't seem to like Jeff Ashton.

The other thing was from one of the reporters who said that juror number 4 (can't judge others) only takes notes when the defense is talking.

Do you have any concerns about the jury? Are you concerned about juror number 4?

All of the reporters say different things. Magpie posts make it seem like the jurors don't care for Jose or Casey, they never look at her unless they want to see how she reacts to certain stuff and they never react to Jose's niceties (another reporter also tweeted that). Some say jurors take lots of notes, others say they don't. One tweeter said the jury looks bored during Defense direct and then perks up when JA gets on cross, etc. I don't even go by that anymore because they all seem random. I'm not concerned because I don't think she will get death anyways, but I think it only takes 7 jurors for her to get life, right? I'll be happy with LWOP

Is that true? I know there are gators but no coyotes? Really?

I've lived in South Florida for 40some years and have never heard of Coyotes being here, but apparently they are in Central Florida. Now there is something I learned today!

Can' t watch the trial ever due to scheduling and what not..but I do have one question..is there a reason Casey is tying up her sweater, other than to look ridiculous?

I noticed yesterday that she had her shirt gathered and tied in a knot in the back . . . what's up with that?

Well, LKB was on JVM and she said it's not true, that they have a computer guy on the team. But...can you trust anything she says?? She seems to be pulling things out of the air. Even Jane had to ignore her, there was a brief silence after she spouted off her insane opinions of how things went today. Cannot believe HLN actually hired LKB, not a very popular choice.

Nooo- didn't JB say today or yesterday that they let the computer guy go or something?

I've lived in South Florida for 40some years and have never heard of Coyotes being here, but apparently they are in Central Florida. Now there is something I learned today!

Born and raised here and never heard of coyotes here either, lol.

I want to pose a question for all here...............

I have confidence that the state has a strong case. Beginning with his opening statement, the defense has been floundering.

But, I worry about the jury. Today I read or heard two things that concern me. One statement came from Jean Casarez, who said that the jury doesn't seem to like Jeff Ashton.

The other thing was from one of the reporters who said that juror number 4 (can't judge others) only takes notes when the defense is talking.

Do you have any concerns about the jury? Are you concerned about juror number 4?

Welp. My thoughts... And this is my first trial via WS but I'm not worried about the jury. At all. I think Baez is trying hard to be liked by the jury, but it sounds like they all think he's a bumbling idiot (based on tweets of giggles, etc.) I also think that they decided a while ago their verdict, and even ol' #4 will eventually follow the crowd once in deliberation and her peers have convincing arguments. I see her as saying, "You're right, you're right." I have no worries that she'll be convicted but I don't think she'll get DP.

I may be naive tho as this is my first "rodeo." lol

Can anyone tell me what happened to Dr. William Rodriguez? I have looked back to the start of today and haven't been able to find anything. Of course I could have very easily overlooked it cause I'm trying to watch the "Deadliest Catch" at the same time. Thank you and appreciate your help....You all are wonderful!

I live 30 minutes north of Orlando. We sit on my friend's porch at night and listen to the coyotes howling. But that's the only place I've seen (i.e. heard) them.

Think LDB dropping this in court today was more of a warning to the Defense team than anything. This little tidbit caused quite a stir today in the court of public opinion. Reminder to JB that the state nor the public has forgotten the play his opening got.

As someone posted earlier this information already hit the international papers/news. :twocents:

I think it may be something more than a simple warning. I think JB has already done the damage and opened the door. He asked every prosecution witness questions about drowning. Whether they had any evidence Caylee drowned in the pool. Whether things were consistent with drowning in the pool etc etc.

I am thinking that the prosecution has an open door to drive the rebuttal home through. And I don't think that they need to show direct contact or a direct witnessed conversation. So long as they can prove that they were in the same prison ward at the same time it should be close enough to let the jury decide for themselves. The DT can argue no contact or the inmates never spoke, but it is doubtful whether the jury will buy that at this point. Those stories are just to creepily similar.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Dr. William Rodriguez? I have looked back to the start of today and haven't been able to find anything. Of course I could have very easily overlooked it cause I'm trying to watch the "Deadliest Catch" at the same time. Thank you and appreciate your help....You all are wonderful!

I don't think we'll be seeing him again since he was caught lying about being co-founder of the Body Farm.

Watch JB right at the beginning today. He wanted HHJP to give some explanation to the jury about why Dr. Rodriguez has left the building so to speak. HHJP basically blew him off.

JB pulled the witness because he is now afraid of what he will say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08