2011.06.22 - Breaking News Folks! George and Cindy Anthony think Casey is guilty!!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think GA has always had his suspicions that ICA was responsible for Caylee's death...just like he tried to make her tell TM where to look for the body.

CA is not a stupid woman but she needed to believe what her daughter told her...especially when the entire world was against her, she went into "protective mode" like any mother would.

After hearing the news 6 wks before the trial, she finally gave up hope...then when she realized ICA was trying to take the rest of the family down to save her own skin, she knew she had to tell the truth.

After re-reading some of ICA's letters, the things she told Robyn about her entire family turning against her (Lee reporting back to the detectives after talking to her, GA telling the detectives about the car, etc., & her parents "going all over the country". I believe that this is the time she concockted (?) this whole store, the AW baby drowning & the revenge against her family. She mentioned them trying to "gain from Caylee's death....2009 was a very busy year. Also, after hearing all the SA's proof, they now know she did it but they don't want her to pay for it with her life....just as any parent would feel.

Many people used Caylee's death as an excuse for tormenting the grandparents or as a way to grab their 15 minutes of fame. I can't see where the A's owe any of those people an apology. People intentionally stuck their own noses in where they didn't belong and then cried foul when their noses were cut off. People push and poke the A's non-stop, and then act offended when the A's get defensive. Go figure.

As for Tim Miller, I recall him saying he and Cindy had worked things out and are now on good terms. If that's good enough for Tim, it's good enough for me.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you about people sticking their noses where they don't belong!

I spent countless hours searching for Caylee!!!!! I took time off of my job and used my vacation time to look for this child!!! My fellow Paramedic friend drove 2 hrs to come to Orlando to help me search with Tim Miller and Equusearch to look for Caylee. And what thanks do we get from the Anthony's "You are all nothing but the scum of the Earth, you all are sick! You all are all out the looking for a dead child and not a live one...Why don't you all go home you are worthless to our family"!

Being a Paramedic, I never look for thanks for the care or comfort I give my patients, but to be called the scum of the Earth when I am knee deep in mud and muck fighting off spiders, snakes and doing all this in the pouring rain was reprehensible.

So Jesse Grund, Rev. Grund, Amy, Tony, Ricardo, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, Roy Kronk, some poor woman named Tia Torres that just happened to live in the same neighborhood as them, and I can probably think of many many more... do not deserve an apology? They didn't put themselves into this mess willingly?

The Grunds, particularly daddy Grund, owe the A's an apology, IMO. Daddy Grund and LP are two peas from the same pod and neither deserve the time of day from the Anthony's, IMO. The A's did nothing to Tony, Amy, or Ricardo other than question their involvement as a result of Casey's mysterious clues, I think they are all big enough people to understand and forgive. For all we know, they might have no problem with the A's at all. I've certainly never heard any of them demand an apology for anything. To my knowledge, the A's have never said a word against the ZFG who is attempting to sue Casey, except for saying she is not the RIGHT ZFG. Why would you expect them to apologize for that?

Just a thought:

Those of you who are filled with anger, disgust, hate and whatever else over what the Anthony's have done...

Who is your raised blood pressure and seething anger hurting? It's certainly not hurting the Anthony's. They don't even know you exist. It's hurting you. Take care of yourselves.

Nor do they know or care about those who's blood pressure rises while defending them.

The Grunds, particularly daddy Grund, owe the A's an apology, IMO. Daddy Grund and LP are two peas from the same pod and neither deserve the time of D's from the Anthony's, IMO. The A's did nothing to Tony, Amy, or Ricardo other than question their involvement as a result of Casey's mysterious clues, I think they are all big enough people to understand and forgive. For all we know, they might have no problem with the A's at all. I've certainly never heard any of them demand an apology for anything. To my knowledge, the A's have never said a word against the ZFG who is attempting to sue Casey, except for saying she is not the RIGHT ZFG. Why would you expect them to apologize for that?
For what?

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you about people sticking their noses where they don't belong!

I spent countless hours searching for Caylee!!!!! I took time off of my job and used my vacation time to look for this child!!! My fellow Paramedic friend drove 2 hrs to come to Orlando to help me search with Tim Miller and Equusearch to look for Caylee. And what thanks do we get from the Anthony's "You are all nothing but the scum of the Earth, you all are sick! You all are all out the looking for a dead child and not a live one...Why don't you all go home you are worthless to our family"!

Being a Paramedic, I never look for thanks for the care or comfort I give my patients, but to be called the scum of the Earth when I am knee deep in mud and muck fighting off spiders, snakes and doing all this in the pouring rain was reprehensible.

I said MANY people, not all people. I can understand why you might feel angry about the way the A's reacted to the searches for a dead Caylee. Can you understand that they didn't want to face the reality of Caylee being dead, that they wanted people to look for a live Caylee? Can you put yourself in their place at all?

You can not go through life without using judgment. I have had to cut many, many people out of my life based on my better judgment. I refuse to be a victim of other people and I know, through my own judgment, who I need in my life and who I do not need in my life.

As for George and Cindy Anthony... they have a list of victims of their own that they are going to have to make good for. They do not owe me anything and I can only hope that one by one they apologize to all their victims.

Again, Cindy and George chose to be Casey's victim. Maybe not at first, but surely as time went on and they continued to allow her to rob them blind, to lie to them without consequence, and to abuse them... yes, Casey abused her own parents. Verbally and mentally. They chose to allow it to continue.

Another thing, Cindy and George Anthony are not special. They are not unique. They are not the first grandparents to have their precious grandchild murdered by their own child. They are far from the first and far from the last. The difference between George and Cindy Anthony and the thousands of other grandparents who suffer the same loss in the same exact way... have not... and would never... act in the manner that the Anthony's have acted these past few years.

I am a firm believer in personal responsibility. The Anthony's have to take responsibility for their actions and their words. As vile as they are... they have to accept that they contributed to a good amount of victims in this case when it didn't need to be that way. They, along with their daughter, have left a trail of victims in their path. Victims that they owe an apology to.

BBM

The problem with the statement I just bolded is that people judge others they hardly/don't know and then perceive to think they know everything about that person where they can made those type of judgements.

I don't blame the parents for believing what their daughter told them. As a parent, you're first instinct is to always believe your children, no matter what. Now their actions and statements have been questionable, but I don't know these people personally, don't know the circumstances they have been put into, etc.

For what?

For using the death of Caylee as a platform to get their 15 mins. Daddy Grund was all over the media spreading rumors ala LP. There's a thread here about it somewhere, from way back. Even many of the A haters eventually saw through him.

What ever your feelings about G and C......ya gotta admire the passion in these posts. Interesting debate.

Many people used Caylee's death as an excuse for tormenting the grandparents or as a way to grab their 15 minutes of fame. I can't see where the A's owe any of those people an apology. People intentionally stuck their own noses in where they didn't belong and then cried foul when their noses were cut off. People push and poke the A's non-stop, and then act offended when the A's get defensive. Go figure.

As for Tim Miller, I recall him saying he and Cindy had worked things out and are now on good terms. If that's good enough for Tim, it's good enough for me.

People in the community have every right to protest against a family that is spreading lies to defend a child killer.

For using the death of Caylee as a platform to get their 15 mins. Daddy Grund was all over the media spreading rumors ala LP. There's a thread here about it somewhere, from way back. Even many of the A haters eventually saw through him.
All right, thanks, I'll go look for it.

Maybe he was angry that George had accused him and especially his son Jesse of kidnapping Caylee and was lashing out, but if he went on the media and spreading rumours then that was wrong and inexcusable, IMO.

I do not know all the comments that the Anthony's made to people. That comment sounds to me like a comment from a someone who knew, in their heart of hearts, that their granddaughter was dead (but could not yet face it); that perhaps their daugther was responsible (again, something they could not yet face); and they were lashing out in the worst possible way.

Thank you for everything you and others have done to try to find this sweet little girl and return her home. I'm sorry that you were not treated in a way that you deserved. I'm not a member of the Anthony family, so my thanks probably seem pretty trite, but I appreciate your hard work.

Which is a weird way to acknowledge she's guilty. Or am I hung up on semantics?

(This isn't meant to bash btw)

I can understand their use of semantics in this case. This was a carefully crafted statement for maximum value to get the point across that they are not going to be the sacrificial lamb of the defense. Saying she is not innocent is not technically the same as saying that she is guilty - it's a fine legal line, but as they said, they are seeking justice but not the death penalty. For their sakes' alone, I hope she is spared that. She deserves death for what she did, but the Anthonys have suffered so much already I can't hope that they must endure more. This will never end for them. It has taken them 3 long, painful years to get to this point. We here have been enraged, incredulous, even dumbstruck at the wild and improbable stories they put out in the media and apparently believed. But we can't - thankfully - know fully what they endured on that long road to clarity. I hope this statement marks a new era for them, one where they can begin to accept what has occurred and find a peace within themselves that will somehow allow them to live with it.

The Grunds, particularly daddy Grund, owe the A's an apology, IMO. Daddy Grund and LP are two peas from the same pod and neither deserve the time of day from the Anthony's, IMO. The A's did nothing to Tony, Amy, or Ricardo other than question their involvement as a result of Casey's mysterious clues, I think they are all big enough people to understand and forgive. For all we know, they might have no problem with the A's at all. I've certainly never heard any of them demand an apology for anything. To my knowledge, the A's have never said a word against the ZFG who is attempting to sue Casey, except for saying she is not the RIGHT ZFG. Why would you expect them to apologize for that?

Their hostility and seething rage toward ZFG and Mr. Morgan and the whole process was extremely offensive imo and even worse than simply saying something insulting to her.

I can understand their use of semantics in this case. This was a carefully crafted statement for maximum value to get the point across that they are not going to be the sacrificial lamb of the defense. Saying she is not innocent is not technically the same as saying that she is guilty - it's a fine legal line, but as they said, they are seeking justice but not the death penalty. For their sakes' alone, I hope she is spared that. She deserves death for what she did, but the Anthonys have suffered so much already I can't hope that they must endure more. This will never end for them. It has taken them 3 long, painful years to get to this point. We here have been enraged, incredulous, even dumbstruck at the wild and improbable stories they put out in the media and apparently believed. But we can't - thankfully - know fully what they endured on that long road to clarity. I hope this statement marks a new era for them, one where they can begin to accept what has occurred and find a peace within themselves that will somehow allow them to live with it.

I think they're already backpedaling and denying they think she is guilty.

People in the community have every right to protest against a family that is spreading lies to defend a child killer.

What community? It's my understanding that, for the most part, the people in the A's community were very put out by the protesters. If people had left the A's alone, let the police and the courts handle the matter, as they're supposed to, the A's may not have become so defensive, they may not have gotten their dander up and may not have developed such an "us against them" attitude. The protesters accomplished nothing but to get their faces on TV and cause total chaos for innocent people in the community, which is exactly what they hoped to accomplish. Those very same people who protested the fact that Casey was living in the A's home while out on bond embraced LP as a hero even though she would not have been out if not for him. I've never figured that one out.

As of this moment, Casey is still presumed innocent. Her parents, after defending her for all this time, have finally accepted that she has done something that caused the death of their beloved grandchild. Although they did not believe at first that Caylee was dead, and then they refused to accept or state publicly that they believed Casey was involved, they did allow the law to take it's course. The protesters did not.

BBM

The problem with the statement I just bolded is that people judge others they hardly/don't know and then perceive to think they know everything about that person where they can made those type of judgements.

I don't blame the parents for believing what their daughter told them. As a parent, you're first instinct is to always believe your children, no matter what. Now their actions and statements have been questionable, but I don't know these people personally, don't know the circumstances they have been put into, etc.
I don't see the problem with that, generally speaking.

For example, the man at the park who was staring at my child may have been innocently looking, thinking nothing about harm, but I didn't want my kid anywhere near that side of the fence.

We make instant judgments all the time about people, every single day without knowing the whole of their circumstances. Most of the time my gut judgment about someone is the correct one.

WoW
I did not know that the A's made this statement, I'm sorry that this was said about you and all of the other searchers, you guys did the right thing and that is all that matters.

I was pleased that C&G had finally come to their senses and admitted they thought their daughter was probably guilty but didn't want her to suffer the DP, perfectly reasonable. I think they are now going to back peddle though, in fact I think maybe Jose contacted them, maybe even declining bringing River to the stand in exchange for their continued support.
It would not surprise me if their own attorney refuses to go along with this. Sigh....so disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dr_snuff