2011.06.22 - Breaking News Folks! George and Cindy Anthony think Casey is guilty!!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thankful that both are on the same page now. I believe that is what has brought them together as a united front. Up until the time CA finally got it that ICA is why Caylee is gone(6 weeks before the trial started, from what I got from CA's testimony)GA was alone in seeing ICA's involvement. CA's continued belief in ICA is what caused GA to feel so isolated, IMO. He knew, and felt totally alone in that knowledge, and felt no support. Now that CA is in board they are able to love and support each other during this difficult time. No one else can support them as well as they can support each other, IMO. Now they can be united in wanting justice for Caylee, and mercy in the form of a life sentence, if their daughter is found guilty. Their lives are shattered beyond belief, and no one should ever have to go through such tragedy and betrayal. My prayers go out to both CA and GA, now and as they go forward with their lives after this trial is over. JMO

Admittedly, I only know a smidgen of what some of the other posters know about CA and her behavior. If what you say about her is true, I probably wouldn't like her very much if I met her face to face.

Having said that, she's in the middle of a nightmare, and I wouldn't want to change places with her for anything.

Not condoning her actions. Just glad I'm not her.

Attorney for Casey's parents: I never said they thought she was guilty
'I only said they have no idea what happened,' attorney Mark Lippman fired back today.
June 23, 2011
"Snip" By Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel
Video at link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5163305.story
Quote:
Attorney Mark Lippman's statement about CNN story http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4650513.story

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humility has never been one of my stronger virtues. Just reposting from yesterday:

Let me go out on a limb here and say that I have watched Cindy Anthony for years.

She will never think her Precioussss ICA is guilty of murdering Caylee. The worst she might be thinking is that Caylee accidentally drowned, and if Lippman doesn't come forth and discredit the statement she will fire him.

Standing by, ready to eat my words if necessary.

People in the community have every right to protest against a family that is spreading lies to defend a child killer.

But at that time they didn't believe they were lies. They were still waaay deep in denial of the truth. And I think the way those protesters behaved was completely barbaric. I would have reacted with every bit of indignant anger that George and Cindy did to the onslaught. That was their home and they were in crisis. Even if they did not fully understand or accept the situation as it actually was, their home should have been a place of refuge for them. Instead it was turned into a 3 ring circus, and I find that abhorrent.

I don't see the problem with that, generally speaking.

For example, the man at the park who was staring at my child may have been innocently looking, thinking nothing about harm, but I didn't want my kid anywhere near that side of the fence.

We make instant judgments all the time about people, every single day without knowing the whole of their circumstances. Most of the time my gut judgment about someone is the correct one.

That doesn't mean it's right though. I have a big problem when people point a finger at someone or make an accusation of someone and yet know nothing of that person other than what they see or hear from tv or hearsay. And then in the case where those judgements are false, you can't find the finger pointers anywhere.

Just my opinion.

I said MANY people, not all people. I can understand why you might feel angry about the way the A's reacted to the searches for a dead Caylee. Can you understand that they didn't want to face the reality of Caylee being dead, that they wanted people to look for a live Caylee? Can you put yourself in their place at all?

No, I cannot put myself in their place, nor would I ever want to be put in that position. But I know that if my son was missing, I would welcome any help from anyone. I would just want my son found whether dead or alive! Obviously, I would want my child to be found alive, but reality would have to be after 31 days of not seeing him, he probably would be found dead.

I personally would have been searching MYSELF day and night until I would have exhausted all measures. I would have searched from high to low from rooftops to ditches! I would have never in a million years call the searchers that were helping me names......I would be thanking them from the bottom of my heart just like Somer Thompson's mother did!

I would be be buying the searchers pizza's giving them water, hugging each and every one of them and MOST OF ALL be out there helping them! That's what a parent or a grandparent of a missing child does!

I would not be sitting under a tent at a Publix collecting money. Money isn't going to find my child, only physically searching would! Of course the A's took our money and bought themselves a nice $30,000 boat! DISGUSTING!

I am sorry, but the A's have had over 3 years to make amends to those they have hurt. Am I hurt? Damn right I am! The 911 call from CA killed me and literally my heart sunk, hence why I went out to look for Caylee. I wanted to find Caylee for her grandmother, I wasn't looking for recognition, I was looking for a joyous return of Caylee to her grandparents.......My son who was 10 at the time wanted to assist me in the search, unfortunately he wasn't old enough. He knew how much I wanted to find that beautiful little girl and was willing to help me in any way he could........A 10 year-old is willing to go out and search, yet the mother or the grandparents of Caylee didn't step one foot out to help the searchers....that to me is sickening. And then on top of it call us WORTHLESS was beyond words.

I sat on my couch and cried when CA said that about us. My son even said "Mom why would she say that about you, all you were doing was trying to help"? I had no answers for him, all I could do was cry and tell him how much I loved him.

I hope that one day the A's will realize that not only have they been hurting ,but they are many of us out here still hurting. I hope that one day they may find peace within themselves.

That doesn't mean it's right though. I have a big problem when people point a finger at someone or make an accusation of someone and yet know nothing of that person other than what they see or hear from tv or hearsay. And then in the case where those judgements are false, you can't find the finger pointers anywhere.

Just my opinion.

Bravo! I've seen so many cases where Cindy was condemned for what she was thinking - as if people can see her thoughts. I've seen her every word or action twisted, always in a negative way, beyond all recognition. I've seen people admit they 'imagine she did/thinks/feels/etc" a certain way and then condemn her for their own imaginary scenarios. One thing I've learned with this case is that we, as humans, have not progressed at all from the days of the Salem witch trials. It makes me very sad.

WoW
I did not know that the A's made this statement, I'm sorry that this was said about you and all of the other searchers, you guys did the right thing and that is all that matters.

I can empathize with the A's because I would hate to be in they're shoes but it's actions like the one mentioned above that make me dislike them as people and I don't think that's bashing them, I can sympathize and still understand what wrong is, and when CA gets on the stand and breaks down, I cry with her because that is real pain.

And the sad was is it wasn't said in a nice tone......It was said in a very HATEFUL tone! It still resonates through me today.........But I can't hate them, I just wish they would change their actions.

Just my opinion.
So I should have let my kid play on the other side of the fence?

And I don't base my opinion on someone by what I see on TV or hearsay; but their words and actions, or in some cases, inaction.

I fully expect others to make judgments about me by my words, actions, or failure to act when prudent.

If I have made a false accusation or wrongly point my finger, then I will apologise. Only a coward would hide from their own wrongdoing.

'I only said they have no idea what happened,' attorney Mark Lippman fired back today.
June 23, 2011
"Snip" By Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel
Video at link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5163305.story
Quote:
Attorney Mark Lippman's statement about CNN story http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4650513.story

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Humility has never been one of my stronger virtues. Just reposting from yesterday:

Let me go out on a limb here and say that I have watched Cindy Anthony for years.

She will never think her Precioussss ICA is guilty of murdering Caylee. The worst she might be thinking is that Caylee accidentally drowned, and if Lippman doesn't come forth and discredit the statement she will fire him.

Standing by, ready to eat my words if necessary.

Thank you for posting that quote from Mark Lippman. I usually read the Orlando Sentinel daily, as we lived there for 21 years, and raised our children there. But, we are getting a puppy today, and I am busy getting things ready. It makes me sad to see that statement, although sometimes I think CA worries that she will lose ICA's love, and that also holds her back from being more upfront. But, maybe not- maybe she really still is waffling. I pray that is not the case. I do agree with your take on why Mr. Lippman made this latest statement.

The Anthonys have made many mistakes and hurt a lot of innocent people. But wounded people, like wounded animals often lash out in their pain at the very ones who are trying to help them. I still feel compassion for them, however. There is no manual for how to behave in such a situation, and they often behaved very badly. I just can't bring myself to come down too hard on people who are so raw emotionally and clearly struggling with their transit through the stages of grief.

Admittedly, I only know a smidgen of what some of the other posters know about CA and her behavior. If what you say about her is true, I probably wouldn't like her very much if I met her face to face.

Having said that, she's in the middle of a nightmare, and I wouldn't want to change places with her for anything.

Not condoning her actions. Just glad I'm not her.

None of us would. I lost a son,but it still doesn't compare to their nightmare.
The problem is,they brought so much of it on by their own actions.
A lot of people have been hurt by the A's.

ETA: All the info is true and can be found here at WS . The real stuff,not just media stories. I think there's even audio of voice messages CA left for Tim Miller and John Allen.Nasty stuff.
Tim Miller is a stand up guy and I wish I was more like him. He forgave the A's

I appreciate your unique (as a journalist) take on the statement/non-statement put out there. I am guessing avoiding breaching attny/client priveledge also came into it, as it was worded carefully. my question is, why woudln't CA & GA just make the statement (avoiding any attny/client priv problems)? Or does it hold more power having come from the attny rather than the grandparents who change stories daily?

I think, and this is a little cynical, it's becuase they can retract it. They can say..."we never said it" It still puts the concept out there without emphatic attribution.(jeez I have had too much coffee to come up with those two words LOL) JMO

I am a forgiving person, especially when it comes to my kids, but even if CA believes that Caylee drowned and KC was trying to save her own skin, how do you forgive someone who let you believe your grandchild was alive when you knew all along she wasn't? I'll never forget KC telling her mother that Caylee would be home for her birthday, all the while knowing it was impossible. How do you forgive that?

Bravo! I've seen so many cases where Cindy was condemned for what she was thinking - as if people can see her thoughts. I've seen her every word or action twisted, always in a negative way, beyond all recognition. I've seen people admit they 'imagine she did/thinks/feels/etc" a certain way and then condemn her for their own imaginary scenarios. One thing I've learned with this case is that we, as humans, have not progressed at all from the days of the Salem witch trials. It makes me very sad.

I'm going by the audio ,the depos ,the LE interviews ,etc....all here for the viewing.Everyone can make up their own mind. I've made up mine.
I hope when ICA is convicted ,they can move on in peace.

Bat phones
dog's toothbrush comment
several items turned over to the defense for DNA ,that should have been turned over to the State when they requested it
Picture of another little girl at a mall playground that they were pretending might be Caylee
DC looking in a location very close to where Caylee was found
Very nasty remarks about Tim Miller and to Tim Miller
The Caylee Foundation that took money from hard working people
Throwing Amy Huizinga under the bus after she was so helpful to Cindy
The nasty depos with Morgan including insulting Zeneida Gonzalez

anything else ,folks? I'm sure there's a lot more. The A's wanted to crucify Jesse Grund. They destroyed a memorial the public had set up for Caylee.

I don't care how much they were grieving (and I have lost a child,so I get it) it just doesn't excuse the last 3 years of their BS. JMO

My thanks MissJames for the time and effort you took to compile this list. I agree with your comments. While I am very sorry these parents had to go through this experience and have lost a child they loved dearly, I am and have been all along shaking my head at the reaction George and Cindy have toward the public and any officials who have tried to help them.

I would like to add to your list the strange and violent behavior of George and Cindy toward the people who gathered in front of their house to protest. It's not that I think the public should have been there, but I question the Anthony's reaction.

Instead of staying in the house and calling law enforcement to help break up or discourage the crowd outside, George and Cindy physically went outside to confront the crowd.

This only resulted in more yelling, screaming and physical acts from the crowd and from Geoge and Cindy too. I found their willingness to step into that situation and further the chance of someone getting hurt very disturbing and troubling. And, I can not find a good reason or and excuse for them to have acted this way.

Finally, MissJames I am sorry for your loss of a child.

jmo

I am a forgiving person, especially when it comes to my kids, but even if CA believes that Caylee drowned and KC was trying to save her own skin, how do you forgive someone who let you believe your grandchild was alive when you knew all along she wasn't? I'll never forget KC telling her mother that Caylee would be home for her birthday, all the while knowing it was impossible. How do you forgive that?

I don't know that anyone could forgive that, but even if you can't forgive your child for something they've done, you don't stop loving them. You may not like who they've become, you may never even want to see them again, but that doesn't change history. The Casey sitting at the defense table, is somewhere in Cindy's mind, still the little baby girl she brought home as a newborn wrapped in a pink receiving blanket. She's still the silly toddler that Cindy (as a mother) loved more than life itself. She's the kindergartener going off to her first day of school. She's every memory and every hope that Cindy had for daughter. Cindy still loves THAT daughter, even while not liking the person Casey has become. Does that make any sense?

"I want him to do a search around here to satisfy all of you leaches, parasites and all of you maggots,"-Cindy Anthony

http://www.wftv.com/news/17338526/detail.html

"No one here is giving a flipping, God's anything about her, except us two right here," said Cindy Anthony while pointing to her husband, George Anthony. "I'm not on TV every night on Nancy Grace with this stuff.":banghead:

http://www.justice4caylee.org/t513-larry-garrison-resigns-says-truth-better-than-spin

Cindy directed that to the media that had been camped 24/7 outside her home. They were indeed acting like leaches, parasites, and maggots. Bravo to her for telling them so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member