2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe both chloroform and duct tape were used; the tape being wrapped in her hair shows me that ICA wanted to be CERTAIN Caylee would die----Chloroform, tape, trash bags, hot car trunk---IMO, it was a 'rage-overkill'. JMHO.

I too believe both chloroform and duct tape were used.
Just a thought...:waitasec:
ICA could have used the duct tape to keep a cloth (saturated with the chloroform) over Caylee's mouth and nose, to prevent Caylee from waking up while ICA was having her fun with the boyfriend. The next morning, ICA finds Caylee dead, and true to form goes into cover-up mode.

JMO :innocent:

Casey Anthony told the detectives the last time she saw her daughter was on the 9th, you would think anyone should remember the correct date their child died.
That has always stuck with me.

I've thought about that too but don't forget she knew EXACTLY how many days it had been. She told Lee that it had been 31 days the night her mom picked her up and she finally admitted Caylee was "missing'. So, she had definitely been counting. June 9 to July 15 was not 31 days. Now, on the other hand - June 15 to July 15? hmm...

Wasn't there another 55 day countdown she was doing that was to Caylee's birthday? I can't remember what that was about.

does anyone know off-hand why the trial ended so darned early today?

Judge announced yesterday that he had a court finance meeting today and court would end at noon.

tonight on channel 7 at 10pm is CRIME & PUNISHEMENT the Casey Anthony Trial. I tried to copy and paste it, but it wouldn't work. Not sure if it's Pacific or Eastern time

The judge had a prior commitment that could not be delayed or blown off. It has to do with, IIRC, a meeting setting budgets that he is in charge of.

Judge Perry had a budget meeting that he had to attend. Something about allocating funds for court districts for the next year so one he could not and should not miss that meeting.

Ah, good ol' Tater Salad.

Thanks for IDing it for me!

I thought the witness yesterday looked like Ron White. All that was missing was a drink in his hand and cigarette in the other.

:grouphug::grouphug:

BBM : I am so sorry to hear this ...

I am lucky ... my sister believes that ICA is GUILTY as all he77 and believes there is much evidence to CONVICT her ... but she also believes ICA may be acquitted because of the possibility of a "hung jury" ... I on the other hand, am more OPTIMISTIC a CONVICTION will be handed down by the jury.

I am fortunate that I can discuss this case with my sis for hours and hours and we agree on almost every issue.

:)

A hung jury does not result in an acquittal. It results in a mistrial, after which she can be re-tried.

Here's what I found:

>In 2007, there were 3,443 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) in the United States, averaging ten deaths per day.

>More than one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger.

So apparently 2 per day are under 15. How many of those are toddlers is unclear.

http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafety/Water-Safety/waterinjuries-factsheet.html

for under 14 it is probably a reasonably safe guess that the vast majority of any of those under 14 drownings that occurred in swimming pools were toddlers. (And gods, I really wish I didn't know this stuff. I still have nightmares regarding some of it.). Drownings in pools tend to be either less than 4-5 years old or old enough to be suffering from an altered mental status (ie booze, drugs, etc). (This is drowning mind you, which is different from fatal pool or swimming accidents, such as spinal or head injuries from diving and roughhousing).

Having sadly encountered actual toddler pool drownings there are a few things that stand out in every single instance. When a child is found at the bottom of a pool they do not start yelling at one another. They do not blame. They panic. Also no adult will EVER even begin to conceive that that child is dead until the doctor says so. In every toddler drowning I was ever called out for, there was only 1 instance where the adults actually waited for the ambulance. In all others the moment that the first police car arrived they grabbed the child and took off in it for the hospital. The cops were supposed to be trained to wait for the ambulance and do CPR. Not one of them ever followed that when a small child was involved. They like the parents/adults saw the child, grabbed them and ran for the hospital. It was hard wired into their nervous systems. They could not not do that. (That one time that the kid actually made it into the ambulance. The rig was already on scene as part of the "missing child" search.)

If Caylee had actually drowned and GA was the one to find her in the pool either 911 would have been called or George would have driven her to the hospital himself. There could be no other possible scenario. It just could not happen any other way.

Judge Perry told the attorneys on Saturday, I believe, that he had to finish early today for his own personal reasons.

tonight on channel 7 at 10pm is CRIME & PUNISHEMENT the Casey Anthony Trial. I tried to copy and paste it, but it wouldn't work. Not sure if it's Pacific or Eastern time

It's tonight at 10pm EST on ABC :seeya:

Someone mentioned (last night?) a notice of appearance...could this guy be it?
Who is this Slabaugh person I haven't heard about before? Sorry, been reading here and watching for ages but don't remember hearing about this person.

So glad to know that once we are over the shock and awe of JB's 'story' during opening statements, the critical thinkers here will blow JB/ICA's fictional representation apart bit by bit. Then the State gets their shot in the rebuttal portion of the trial.

------------------
The first place I would have looked is the pool!!!!! (me and 50,000 other people).

I've thought about that too but don't forget she knew EXACTLY how many days it had been. She told Lee that it had been 31 days the night her mom picked her up and she finally admitted Caylee was "missing'. So, she had definitely been counting. June 9 to July 15 was not 31 days. Now, on the other hand - June 15 to July 15? hmm...

Wasn't there another 55 day countdown she was doing that was to Caylee's birthday? I can't remember what that was about.

BBM - Timer55 ?

Slabaugh is Baez new attorney he brought on board this year..he is the baby face chunky kid..Poor guy..bet he will be running after this FIASCO..:great:

Hey, Anything exciting happen today? I just started listening to trial today.

Awesome YouTube - ‪Jose Baez on Casey Anthony case‬‏

maybe this will be played at JB's disbarment hearing

Listening to him lie and throw the LE under the bus and turn it around just like he does to JA infuriates me. We know know many of his statements were straight out lies. I think his head *advertiser censored* is as good as ICAs ears as a tell. She called him out about not being able to get through to the tip line...she said "that's interesting we called the tip line and got straight through" and he did the head *advertiser censored* followed by the shoulder shrug followed by the smarmy smile.

ETA: WHat hearing is that clip they show her from? Is it the bond hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanzzzzz83