2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of points:

Re: Injecting testosterone

I've had to administer testosterone. Some patients are prescribed it in a multidose vial. Then, at each injection, the rather thick, viscuous liquid is drawn up into a disposalble syringe in the dose ordered.

Injection is intra-muscular (IM) into a large muscle - NOT the deltoid in the arm because that is not a large muscle. I would inject into the gluteous maximus (the butt) but could have injected into the vastus lateralis (thigh muscle), both of which are large muscles.

IM injections require a longer needle than those used for, say, insulin injections. For gluteous max a 1 1/2" minimum - or longer depending on size of patient. In order to get the liquid into MUSCLE as opposed to subcutaneous fat.

In addition, for injecting testosterone, a larger BORE needle is required due to the thickness of the medication. I would always use an 18 guage needle for this.

Re: Henkel duct tape

It was my understanding this is a "specialty" duct tape. Not the kind you purchase at your local Target or Walmart.

Some of the specialty tapes, which cost a LOT more than normal duct tape, are used by heating and air conditioning companies for connecting ductwork.

I remember reading speculation on one of the older threads that perhaps George swiped a roll of it off a jobsite. Or, who knows, perhaps he purchased it for a specialty use. Most folks, unless they are in a business that they use it regularly, are not going to have multiple rolls of a specialty tape laying around. So maybe there was only the one roll and it did get used up what with the hanging of all those posters.

But - it WAS on Caylee and it WAS on George's famous round metal gas can.

Here is a link to the Henkel company. They do indeed make many, many kinds of duct tape. Click onto "Specialty tape" section. Must have been one of these. I only saw one type that has the name of the manufacturer all over the smooth side of the tape.
http://www.duckbrand.com/Products/duck-tape.aspx

Do you really think this is his personal FB page? Cute picture.

Of course not, but it's fun to see.

The photo caption spells Honour the British way (Honor in the US) so I'm fairly sure it is a parody page.

If it were truly his page, then commenting on the trial/jurors/anything would be cause for a mistrial, and I sure he wouldn't be so silly.

How does a ME determine asphyxiation when the body is skeletonized? It's not like a gun shot wound and you would see a bullet hole.

The main way that I know is to see a fractured hyoid bone, if the bone is found.

hyoid_bone.jpg

This is only if strangulation is suspected.

The impact of this case is affecting my relationship with a family member. When I rec'd a call from my relative last night we discussed the case and she expressed to me that she believes ICA will be acquitted. Moreover, she expressed that she just didn't believe that there has been enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that ICA murdered ICA. Words ensued. I could feel my blood pressure climbing but I did keep the conversation on track and my emotions under control by declaring that the outcome would be interesting whatever the verdict. Believe me it took all my resources to control myself. When the converstion was finished I comisserated with my DH who has become convinced of ICA's guilt even though he virtually knew nothing about this case in the beginning. Then I started thinking back to OJ's trial. My MIL, (now deceased, God rest her soul), watched the trial daily and concluded that OJ was innocent before the verdict was final...Go figure.

I can't believe they are doing this, depo-ing Vasco .

Waiting outside Cheney Mason's office as the deposition of defense witness Vasco Thompson is underway. #caseyanthony - Longo

Now this is a huge waste of tax payers money, a huge waste

I agree, they could have cleared this up with phone records. I would imagine Vasco will be seeking attorney's fees, etc. for being drug into this mess.

JMO

Tipetoes in..... can somebody please give me a link to in session??/ pretty, please?

The photo caption spells Honour the British way (Honor in the US) so I'm fairly sure it is a parody page.

If it were truly his page, then commenting on the trial/jurors/anything would be cause for a mistrial, and I sure he wouldn't be so silly.

You're right - and I think it's a fun page. No disparaging remarks regarding JP - just good clean fun :)

MOO

Mel

You're right, it's not his page. It says on the About section on the front page that it's not his Facebook page.

I really do not mean to be a pain.

She could have said suffocation to cover both the bags and the duct tape. Maybe even the Chloroform. If chloroform staves air from the body , I dont know.

Dr. G. said death by undetermined means. And that what caused the death was homicide.
Homicide because the child's nose and mouth were (probably) wrapped in duct tape, because the body was triple bagged and thrown away to rot in a garbage dump.
Nothing about how the body was disposed of indicated an accidental death, and there is no reason to put duct tape of the face of a child except to prevent them from breathing.
Her opinion is that Caylee died from not being able to breathe. Because she had duct tape on her face.
Three different points.

The impact of this case is affecting my relationship with a family member. When I rec'd a call from my relative last night we discussed the case and she expressed to me that she believes ICA will be acquitted. Moreover, she expressed that she just didn't believe that there has been enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that ICA murdered ICA. Words ensued. I could feel my blood pressure climbing but I did keep the conversation on track and my emotions under control by declaring that the outcome would be interesting whatever the verdict. Believe me it took all my resources to control myself. When the converstion was finished I comisserated with my DH who has become convinced of ICA's guilt even though he virtually knew nothing about this case in the beginning. Then I started thinking back to OJ's trial. My MIL, (now deceased, God rest her soul), watched the trial daily and concluded that OJ was innocent before the verdict was final...Go figure.
Sometimes a family member will deliberately take an opposite view just to get your hackles up. :maddening: I am sure from the sound of it she was either doing this or knows very little about things. I do not think the jury is seeing the situation as she is.:crazy: As far as your MIL, that was odd. And no one could believe that jury verdict in any case. Lightening does not strike twice..... ;)

I feel the same way. Me and my Mom both swore yesterday that we would never let another case consume us like this one has.
Yeah? Well I said the same thing after the SP trial and where am I now? Right here drinking every word that I can find on this sad event. I also worry about withdrawals. Not sure it's healthy either, but as HHJP said, "it is what it is."

You're right - and I think it's a fun page. No disparaging remarks regarding JP - just good clean fun :)

MOO

Mel

I agree it is cute/fun. When I ask do you think this is really his page, I was serious. But then after I posted it I thought well that was a dumb question. But it is cute and fun, I'm sure he knows about it.

No one knows what she is actually writing in those notes however.

She very well could be writing about Casey's demeanor during the defenses witness testimonies.
She could be writing points made by the defense witnesses that have been the very same as what the prosecution laid out.
She could be keeping up with how many "sustained" objections have been placed on the defense.
She could be writing about the dream she had the night prior just because of how boring and useless the defense witnesses have been.:crazy:

She very well could be writing notes about key points that have been made in the testimony put on by the defense-or lack of. This time may very well be spent occupying time until the prosecution is back for cross.
She could be writing to God asking him for forgiveness in the punishment she already see's fit in this case.

Or, she really could be writing notes to place in the book she will write after this case.

No one knows.

Book. I have a spy! Both are writing in court.

Maybe the difference between pre-trial hearings and trial is the presence of the jury. I can see the Defense not wanting her feet dangling and chains clanging to remind the jury that she is indeed inmate Casey Anthony. My Mom is probably about Casey's height and her feet wouldn't touch the floor without that chair set that low. To me she does more looking back and forth from lawyer to witness than doing anything on the table. moo

I was told the chains are taken off her ankles when she comes into the courtroom.

Going to tell you what I remember - other poster help if I am not accurate.

JB said in his opening that George came walking out to Casey with a drowned Caylee in his arms.

JB did not indicate if Caylee was at the bottom of the pool or floating. He did not say if George was wet or dry.

JB plays fast and loose - yesterday he responded to something the state said with a response of "I never said what time she drowned".

Many posters have said if Caylee was found immediately after drowning she would have been at the bottom of the pool.

Hope this helps a bit!

I was just watching a replay of JB's opening statement. He says in his OS: Early morning hours, the exact time is not known. It could have been early afternoon, early morning. Actually it was the early morning hours, GA approached Casey and started yelling at her: "Where's Caylee, where's Caylee? They began to search the house, they couldn't find her. They searched in the bedrooms...."

Then he has a "mock up" of the Anthony house for the jurors. He uses a pointer to indicate where GA and ICA look for Caylee outside when they discover she's missing. Points to the back yard where the sliding doors are, then says ICA went to the left of the house (even tough he is pointing to the right side of the house where we know there is a shed and a dead end) and GA goes toward the pool. Now why would ICA run to the side of the house where there is not a gate? Wouldn't she run to the side to see if the gate was open? Also, it's not a huge yard- so ICA would have had to not notice Caylee in the pool, run to the side yard, run back and now GA is already holding Caylee in his arms??? In what, like 10 seconds? Ridiculous!

Chloroform could've been an overdose if it was ingested or injected and that could have been the cause of death. I believe she did the right thing by not putting COD down in the autopsy report.

Her toxicology test would have findings of that nature on them, hair and bone marrow ,fingernails, toenails. I think.

I dont know I am not an ME. I just wanted to know why one method was used for concluding homicide then not used for concluding COD. Since the factors she used in concluding are the very things that she suspects are the cause of death I dont understand it unless there is a procol allowed for speculating murder and not allowed for COD.

Is there a possibility you misunderstood your MIL? I hate to bring this up because I get :truce: down so fast, but I live in Canada, had no idea who OJ was, was completely unimpressed with his "fame" and we have different racial issues in Canada.

I watched every second of that trial and thought he was absolutely guilty. BUT, I thought the prosecution screwed up so badly over and over again, he could not be found guilty by the evidence. It was a huge tragedy for the jurors, who also thought he was guilty, and but for the mess of the prosecution, he would have been.

I have no idea how Marcia Clark has the nerve to show her face on television and call herself a legal expert. Every time I see her face I throw something at the TV screen and it's been years. I'm still so angry about it.
The SA did not prove their case. It should have been easy. Sloppy, sloppy sloppy.

The main way that I know is to see a fractured hyoid bone, if the bone is found.

hyoid_bone.jpg

This is only if strangulation is suspected.

Do you know if the hyoid bone was found? I don't recall. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member