2011.06.23 Cindy's Testimony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For the first time in a very long time I watched all those shows on HLN. I am so tired of hearing of how CA is a victim. CA "lost" her Granddaughter Caylee, and now CA is trying to save her daughter KC. Cindy Anthony "lost" her Granddaughter Caylee because Cindy Anthony's daughter KC murdered Cindy Anthony's Granddaughter Caylee. I am a Grandma of 5, there is no way I would ever defend anyone who murdered/harmed my Grandchild. NOT EVEN MY OWN CHILD!!! As I listened to CA'S testimony again I was reminded of KC's lies. CA gives way too much information, like KC. CA had some kind of special card where she could delete her hours at work, CA had a friend who was in an accident, CA had dogs that were getting sick from the bamboo. I guess I've had enough of CA and KC for today. I'm going to get a glass of milk and some of the Snickerdoodles I made earlier, get in bed and watch a good Bette Davis movie. "All About Eve" sounds good :) See you all tomorrow. PEACE

Good question. Was it asked in cross?

Usually in rebuttal, the state will present witnesses who can disprove what the defense tried to state. It is uncommon to put a defense witness back on the stand and do the job you should have done in cross examination, during a rebuttal.

I fear that the state has missed some opportunities in this case. They are still very solid, IMO, and have presented a good case. But, I like perfection.

Was this brought up in cross? Again, this would be something not to miss.

I keep hearing this but like I said, LDB's chance to get CA was during cross. I think it is unlikely that she will recall CA and then ask her questions she should have during cross examination. She can bring in other witnesses, like co-workers, supervisors, etc, to show she was actually at work and not home when the terms were searched and that should help but I get the sense ( not having watched more than a few snippets), that the cross was not as thorough as it could have been.

snipped for space...

But just because it's not usually done doesn't mean the state can't recall her again - right? I mean they've had several witnesses on many times. I don't think the jury would find it odd to once again see Cindy on the stand after seeing so many witnesses come and go multiple times.

Also, she very likely was blindsided (LDB). Now that she's had the chance to think and refresh her memory re: depositions and time lines and computer searches, etc., she'll be much more prepared to ask Cindy the most relevant details.

So whether it's commonly done or not, the jurors certainly won't know the difference and what would the harm be in calling her back to tie up the dangling loose ends? I can see several chances for gain and very few for loss at this point.

Especially since Cindy is a poor liar.

She also said many had access to the computer including George and Casey's "friends".

Considering Casey only has imaginary friends, guess who could be the other possible suspect?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great::great:

There is a record.She said she may have left during the day,but the state will look at activity on her work computer as well as interviewing her co-workers and boss.
CA knows how much info the State can get and she knows she will be impeached. She's just hoping she planted a seed of doubt in a juror's mind.
I think she planted a seed of hatred.

Don't forget that business records must be kept at a minimum of 7 years for IRS purposes and longer for some types of corporations. Not sure about health records exactly, but I bet there are strict rules about how long to keep all records related to employees since they track back to patients.

have to record my time off. You still have to maintain a record of when you were there. The idea everyone just lies every day is ridiculous.

But they have to keep a record that he was there somehow. I really think calling her supervisor will show she was lying. They will be able to pull her work records for that day of what she did on the computer for work too.

I think she really made a mess for herself this time with her lies. I hope LDB fires the Mack truck right up when she starts with her again!

OK, so they can show that Casey was obviously also on line at or about the same time, even if CA did the searches. Since ICA was supposed to have a job wouldn't CA have remembered coming home at 2:00 in the afternoon two days in one week and finding ICA at home? Wouldn't that be "memorable"?

Excellent point!

Am I looking at the right company? The only references I can find to Gentiva and health care is a home health and hospice service provider...

Gentiva is a home health company. What she would have done would have been in charge of the patient's coumadin clinic. The home nurses draw the blood weekly and the RN in the office changes their doses.

hi everyone. i'm new. this is my first post, but i've been lurking since the beginning of the trial. today's "bombshell" has me so enraged that i can't help but post. i haven't really followed this case until the the trial, but now i'm hooked and based on what i've heard, have ZERO doubt that ICA killed her child. i have always felt bad for GA and CA - until now. what CA did today was disgraceful.

at any rate, even if Cindy "falsified" her timecards or whatever, SURELY there has got to be record of her vacation time. i am a salaried employee for a healthcare organization. within the last couple years we've had to start clocking in/out, but before that it was an honor system. *however* we ALWAYS had to account for our vacation time in some way. in addition to there being IT records from her work computer (that password stuff is BS, anyone in your company's IT department can access your accounts/email) there has got to be some kind of calendar where vacation time/personal time was recorded. what was stopping people from going over their vacation time? Gentiva is a huge company, not some mom and pop shop. they have to have "protocols" (haha) in place to cover their @sses.

I am SO GLAD there's an IT guy on the jury. Seriously.

:welcome: No kiddng. There's no way a corporation that big doesn't keep employee records in a centralized database (sorry Cindy, but your dismally poor understanding of how IT operations in a major company work was pretty pathetic -- speaking of protocols, wait until you find out that the IT department has them in writing required by auditors -- I should know, I've written them myself before. -- good luck on rebuttal if the SAO decides to come after you.

Interestingly, March 17th is St. Patrick's Day. Could be a day that would stand out in the mind of a Cindy co-worker.

Regarding the computer searches: Where the Prosecuters are going to trip Cindy up on those searches is the BROWSER they were made on. Remember, all of the suspicious searches were made on a Firefox Browser that was set up under a totally separate User Account on the desktop computer. And these files were then deleted at around 4:00am when Yuri Melich had just interviewed Casey at the home.

IIRC the computer forensics showed that neither George nor Cindy EVER used the Firefox Browser. Their usage was on Internet Explorer, located within a totally different user account.

This is why Cindy was asked today about when she got onto the desktop what did she have to do to use the internet? Her answer was that it was "just always on".

Cindy obviously doesn't know much about how computers are set up, doesn't know much about multiple users and multiple browsers.

Casey knew a little more. She went ahead and set up her own User Account on the hard drive, probably password protected it. She then downloaded the Firefox browser into THAT User Account. That way, no snoopy mom or dad could click onto "History" and see where she had been browsing.

Oh, and if there's an IT guy on the jury - he already knows this.

I just thought of this when reading your post: it was also monday and the day of the staff meeting she talked about... there could be staff meeting minutes (esp including who is present at the meeting, the time, etc)

I personally don't think SA misled us; I believe that CA flat out lied on the stand today. Now, I am not a huge CA fan, and I am skeptical of most things that come out of her mouth. But today, her explanation for why she did those searches made no sense to me whatsoever. If CA was worried about her dogs and wanted to see if they were eating poisonous plants. Then why not search for "plants that are poisonous to dogs", or "is bamboo dangerous to dogs". Who would look up chlorophyll and cholorform when you are worried of your dog ingesting potentially harmful plants. Notice I said "ingesting" not "inhalation" as CA said she searched for. I guess the 2 lil yorkies were out in the backyard inhaling all those cholorform fumes that FL plants naturally produce....:banghead:

Just makes me so mad that she would get up there and lie through her teeth. She expects us to believe that even though she was reportedly at work that day, she was instead home with ICA, and she was searching chloroform 83 times. I just hope the jury can see through this. AND wasn't ICA supposed to be at work then (at least CA thought she had a job at that point). Why would they both be home during a weekday when they were both supposed to be "working".

The apple definitely doesn't fall far from the tree. Poor Caylee may never have justice. :(

Caylee has justice. She is in a much better place. Her family here on earth will be forever tormented by this and will pay the price someday. Plus, will anyone ever want to associate with any of them? They will be shunned forever. Scott Peterson's family did some of the same things ... denial ...

Im thinking the state should get a warrent and check how many times cindy has googled these issues SINCE kc has been in prison and HOW recent

hi everyone. i'm new. this is my first post, but i've been lurking since the beginning of the trial. today's "bombshell" has me so enraged that i can't help but post. i haven't really followed this case until the the trial, but now i'm hooked and based on what i've heard, have ZERO doubt that ICA killed her child. i have always felt bad for GA and CA - until now. what CA did today was disgraceful.

at any rate, even if Cindy "falsified" her timecards or whatever, SURELY there has got to be record of her vacation time. i am a salaried employee for a healthcare organization. within the last couple years we've had to start clocking in/out, but before that it was an honor system. *however* we ALWAYS had to account for our vacation time in some way. in addition to there being IT records from her work computer (that password stuff is BS, anyone in your company's IT department can access your accounts/email) there has got to be some kind of calendar where vacation time/personal time was recorded. what was stopping people from going over their vacation time? Gentiva is a huge company, not some mom and pop shop. they have to have "protocols" (haha) in place to cover their @sses.

I am SO GLAD there's an IT guy on the jury. Seriously.

Hi and Welcome! :welcome5:
I've followed this from the beginning,so I know why I believe Cindy was lying today.
Would you mind telling us convinced you Cindy is lying? It would make me feel better about the jury tonight :tyou:

Anyone think CA will plead the 5th if she is put back on the stand during rebuttal by the state because she knows she is lying and the state will prove it?
Can she do that since she has already testified? I will ask in the ask a lawyer thread.

IIRC, Mark Furhman pled the 5th (but he had not testified yet) because he did not want to perjure himself because he knew what was coming from the defense. They had proof he lied when he said he never used the "n" word in the past.

It's possible her supervisor will have records and know whether or not she was in her weekly meeting on that Monday though. I am not real positive but isn't she already on the State's witness list since she was there the day CA and GA retrieved the car and she came in describing the smell?

That's a good point, but CA has a good reason to recall March '08... without written/computer records, I doubt any co-worker would be able to say without question that she was there on any day before Caylee was declared missing.

Cindy said that she was doing 'chlorophyll' searches because she was investigating why one of her yorkies was tired all the time.

Let's say for the sake of argument that: there's a grain of truth to her testimony today, and one of her dogs was tired all the time.

Was casey practising on the dogs before drugging Caylee?

Or was the grain of truth that Cindy was doing the searches, but it wasn't the dog that was sleepy, but Caylee? And Cindy was home investigating and may have been re-tracing casey's steps on the computer (I don't think Cindy is as computer-illiterate as she claims).

In my experience, to do a one word search is way too broad and would give you far too much unrelated information. If I were investigating why my yorkie was tired all the time, I'd search for "fatigue in dogs."

And, if I was curious to know if my hand sanitizer was the culprit, I would search for "hand sanitizer toxic to dogs," "hand sanitizer dog ingestion," "hand sanitizer affect/effect on dogs," etc.

She's a nurse and has to have some basic knowledge of toxic products, and as mentioned previously, her office MSDS sheets and/or online reference would contain all the info she said she was searching for.

Being in healthcare, I feel she should have more knowledge than she claims to possess. This is insulting to basic common sense and a disgrace to Caylee's memory. IMHO.

I don't buy her story.

So...the warning about hand sanitizers was in March '07, not March '08?? ooops....CA got dates mixed up once again??

That's a good point, but CA has a good reason to recall March '08... without written/computer records, I doubt any co-worker would be able to say without question that she was there on day before Caylee was declared missing.

Neither can CA prove she wasn't.
Who is more believable?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper