2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not understanding why the bottle with syringe is such a big deal to the DT. Is there ANYTHING that points to this bottle being connected to this case? If so, I sure missed it.

I'm sure the DT is going to use this as speculation that it has something to do with George and maybe his temper!:waitasec:

wow, stepped away for a snack, came back and this withness is STILL tooting his own horn? hmmm its gonna be a longgg day

Can someone explain to me WHY DCS wears her lanyards in the courtroom?

They look like backstage passes for music groupies FGS.

backstage pass for groupies.jpg

After throwing everyone under the bus there was no one to drive it and it crashed and burned...

Not understanding why the bottle with syringe is such a big deal to the DT. Is there ANYTHING that points to this bottle being connected to this case? If so, I sure missed it.

I don't think so.... just some of the rubbish that happened to happened to be a round Caylee's little body.

Barry Logan - forensic toxicologist and analytical chemist - describe board certfication testing...

currently teaching @ Arcadia U in Philly and used to teach @ U of Wash ..

tested tissues, fluid and breath

familiar with cryotrapping - used with GCMS - concentrate a sample to make more detectable....background in Grad school - testing chemicals in auto exhaust...collection of smoke traps in mylar bags - introduced GCMS and cryotrapping and into the GCMS -
reviewer of journals? yes for a number of journals...forensic science, toxicology, analytical chemistry....research paper submitted for publication - editor provides it to people in field - reivew and critique - based on reviews editor decides to publish

work for MMS labs - Nat. Dir. for forensic services - largest lab in US - do coroners, ME's and toxicology for all 50 states....board cert. toxicologist help with data, review results, what to test to serve client community, how test validated and verified before put into production and medical/legal cases review and provide report and testify.....Director of the Lab- separate responsiblity took on last year....Exec. Dir for ed. non-profit and science ed for Graduate students and highschool students for forensic science....where does money go to you? no to the company

what depts in MMS lab- vary dept...screening - presences of metals....liquid gcms and gcms - analytical chemistry and toxicology 80 peer reviewed published....analytical chemist does? apply knowledge of properties of compounds and determine best way to separate them background, quantify, identify, understand chemistry of compound, how to separate from other compounds it is present with, and what instruments to use.

belong to Am. academy forensic science professional org largest about 6000 members =leadership roles with this organ....secy & chair toxicology, vp of organization, second term as chair - ....safety counsel, drugs & alcohol, counsels

Scientific working group in forensic science arena - groups developed within community, first unofficially got together, later they publish guidelines and standards to use....FBI has taken over and more than 20 scientific working groups now.....is there a group working on decomp. analysis? object - approach

If it wasn't apparent before this it certainly is now apparent to the jury that the testimony the DT is most afraid of is Dr. Vass'.

They have tried every which way to discredit Dr. Vass. Almost every DT has had one question that pertains to Dr. Vass' testimony. It's so apparent it's almost sad.

Why can't the DT just let the witness tell them their education and experience? They always ask question after question about their background. Just let the witness give the jury the information and swear them in as an expert and shut the heck up! They waste so much time.

#CaseyAnthony This is the expert who Sims asked previously whether Caylee's wet bathing suit could leave chloroform signature in car.by bobkealing via twitter at 7:46 AM

I thought the Anthonys didn't use chlorine in the pool. I am winding down thought there'd be firewoks today but there are just too many experts to keep me awake.:eek:fftobed:

I'm sure the DT is going to use this as speculation that it has something to do with George and maybe his temper!:waitasec:

The gatorade bottle with syringe can be connected to GA how exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand