2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss Seeeeeeeeeeeeems is so boring and dull with her questioning. so is this witness. I bet the jury is bored to tears

OT:

Somebody posted yesterday that Dominic Casey's depo was filed. Anybody seen a copy yet?

Ahhh, the witness seems a little down about being a toxicologist only.....C'mon DS - reach out and see if you can make him feel better before JA squashes him again..okay?

no no no no - you're not paying attention. It was the coyotes!!!

No, you're still wrong, LOL. The squirrels were eating meat with a bag over their heads in the trunk. The coyote (who is also Kronk) was the one who nefariously buried the bone at the dump site.

Expect to hear lots of objections now that Barry Logan has been "cutted down" in his areas of expertise.

Ashton is doing a good job but I don't agree with his point. If the scientist oversees a lab that tests unknown substances then he's an expert in that area also. But Sims did not do a good job following that up. Maybe it doesn't matter to the defense but it definitely showed how the legal process can trump the actual science.

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
They are basically overseers to the board or stockholders of the company. They rarely do any exams or research themselves but supervise

May I ask: do other trials usually have this many 'expert' witnesses?

Are other trials usually this dry and boring? I'm new at watching trials.

not always but usually...

((this trial definitely has had some interesting moments between the dry moments))

Sounds like he is going to try to discredit Vaas based on reading an article...hmmm

More going after Dr. Vass. Lord, his testimony REALLY scares the DT, huh? What's next, they light torches and brandish pitchforks?

Did I hear wrong or didn't DS say she only had 1 question?????? <whining now>

Oh Lord, the pad is coming out!!!!!! I'm done. Stick a fork in me. I'm stepping away from the computer.......

Maybe, but my point still stands. Without fingerprints or DNA, I can't say that this bottle has anything at all to do with this crime. Neither ICA, GA, RK or anyone else at this point, kwim?

Me neither. I guess that's why the state didn't bring it in? But why the defense did is a mystery to me.

Jeez, now that he's been certified as an expert in forensic toxicology, is DS going to preface every chemistry question with, "As a forensic toxicologist, what is your view...."??

I remember this same issue back in the Frye hearings. JA said he was not experienced enough to testify in this case.........witness got annoyed at that......he has had time to think about how to answer now, imo.

should we be a little worried here....Barry must be here to discredit all the labs we like

That would be foolish IMO.

The JA will bring up Logan's little indiscretions in his lab and the falsifying of DUI tests......

Witness will be impeached.

Cheezus - DCS has the big pad of wrinkled dirty paper.

FGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member