2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but my point still stands. Without fingerprints or DNA, I can't say that this bottle has anything at all to do with this crime. Neither ICA, GA, RK or anyone else at this point, kwim?

This morning I had the fleeting thought of people coming forward to say what items they were guilty of throwing out their car window in the area. JB wants people to believe there should be dna on the duct tape but not the gatorade bottle or syringe?

Well...good...he's read some articles. How helpful. LOL

:giggle:I dunno but all the sudden I am hungry for Fried Chicken when this witness is on the stand!

Good morning everyone...just a thought-I think the DT is so keen on the gatorade bottle because they are trying to give the jury reasonable doubt as to the testosterone found in it and maybe thinking a male was at the crime scene.I know some women use it,but people on the jury may not know this..I did not know this until QueenD brought it up-I learn something new everyday here on WS!!

There is a nurse on the jury...i'm sure she would know about this if it is not cleared up before the end.

No, you're still wrong, LOL. The squirrels were eating meat with a bag over their heads in the trunk. The coyote (who is also Kronk) was the one who nefariously buried the bone at the dump site.
ok - then who tied the leashes on the flies?

No, you're still wrong, LOL. The squirrels were eating meat with a bag over their heads in the trunk. The coyote (who is also Kronk) was the one who nefariously buried the bone at the dump site.

I think Deputies Bones and Gerus were in on this, personally.

DS needs to speak up and be a little more forceful... She will put the jurors to sleep.

Maybe, but my point still stands. Without fingerprints or DNA, I can't say that this bottle has anything at all to do with this crime. Neither ICA, GA, RK or anyone else at this point, kwim?

I never thought the bottle was related, for a minute a while back the news reported that it contained chloroform I thought maybe, but when we got the discovery one of our illustrious chemists (I forget which :blushing:) showed us that the amount of chloro in there was about the same as in a raondom sample of tap water.

since state did not introduce I am sure it is not related. however DT struggling with the reasonable doubt.

objection sustained - continue

DS w/Logan....background and experience w/accredation and certification of forensic labs., he is board certified by Amer. board of toxicologist....accretation for labs - certain standards to perform analysis and train staff and document....served on the board and involved in developing standards for ...his lab became accredited with aBFT....object- overrule....currently works @ one that accredited....MMS lab has crime lab - drug test and analysis....that has a different accredation...on site audits and inspections yearly....

how many organizations involved in certify or acredit labs? 2
audit process involvement - yes currently do for ABFT - done since program introduced and historically done ones for substance and mental health for work place drug testing regulated by Fed. Govt - SAMSa - substance abuse and mental health.....

analytical chemistry, forensic science, gcms, forensic toxicology....

JA = want to voir dire on other than forensic tox.

what kind of analytical chemistry perform other than toxicology? uh well...separated into 2....analytical chemistry is gcms - wide range of chemical compounds....when last time test for non-toxicological part of daily duties - outside of toxicolgy what do w/analytical chemistry

analysis of drugs and evidence - mysterious white powder, industrial chemicals, poisons, - director or crime lab portion of MMS labs - analytical chemistry hugely broad field....not an expert in entire field - mainly toxicology and methods used in toxicology methods...experience with cryotrapping was over 20 years ago as a grad student? correct

(Dr. takes a big long swig water) - not an expert in all forensic science - correct? correct.

object to anything other than forensic toxicology....degree in chemistry with honors...HHBp if going to be long one need to come the side.

I served on board of Directors for Amer. Academy of forensic science - way to bring all disciplines together for commonaltiy in standards in good practice/professional development/education..

Witness is expert in forensic toxicologist ONLY per HHbp

use GCMS in lab, provided with analytical records from FBI re: evidence from trunk of kc vehicle, series of reports from Oakridge Lab, related to chemicals from evidence from vehicle...documents regarding investigation of case including autopsy....what articles have you read? object-overrule....I wasn't provided with articles but I did review ones related.

Reviewed 2008 article from Dr. Arpad Vass re: decomp odors - odors of decomposing remains in journal of forensic science.....forensic labs - use tripod with paper pad

American society of crime lab directors
sidebar

it apppears JA is quite animated with DS....DS pleading her case....

JB quietly nodding @ HHBP -

toxicology means biological chemistry

Ugh, WFTV does do a good job of determining when to show commercials. I probably just missed the most important dialogue of the past hour.

I thought that may be the case, but sometimes she quickly looks away, like she had uncomfortable eye contact with someone, even when the DT are at the podium.

Magiepie at Hinky says she actually isn't looking at the witness nor the podium nor the jury. She says the camera angles are strange. ICA usually stares straight into the courtroom - not looking at anything in particular.

I could have sworn she was looking at the witness though. And she seems to shoot glances at the podium from what I see.

How many times can they try to discredit Dr Vass and with the low-tech drawing pad? And even this requires some stalling?

Would LDB tie JA down and stand up and ask....This is a "dump site", right???

Maybe there's a connection between testosterone and GA's medical records, which the DT has in its possession.

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if they got GA's medical records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela