2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Caylee should be doing right now...

Caylee_%2862%29.jpg

The witness looks rattled and fearful of answering questions.

I agree..I think has been forced to go off script and doesnt even know how to answer the questions put to him that his is qualified to opine on...This is so sad...DT made a huge error here:maddening:

Were I DS I'd be in tears right now. The only question she got out of her mouth without an objection was so convoluted the witness couldn't even answer it.

If we notice, JA is winning most of his objections.........I hope this is not lost on the jury. But it's a slippery slope imo, because they may get tired of these side-bars.

Somehow, I do not think the jury will blame JA for that, but the defense for asking questions this witness is not allowed to answer because he is not an established expert in that field.

Jeff Ashton knows his stuff.

Dorothy Sims obviously does not.

I think it's hysterical that JA isn't even sitting all the way back in his chair. He's perched on the edge because he has to keep standing up and objecting. I keep waiting for DS to just lose it and scream "I KNOW. I KNOW. SUSTAINED!!!)

You can tell JA is trying not to be too emphatic in these objections, I am sure he knows the jury is getting fed up. The DT wants this witness to testify to something that he is just not going to be allowed to. They have a dilemma on their hands, jmo.

Is all the note taking she is doing for a book?

Yes I think so , she is writing the book during the trial. (I suspect)

Or maybe she is simply noting the realities of this crime to fill in the blanks for what she thought was real??????? Three years believing one thing and then hearing the truth takes a lot of blank filling, don't you think?

DS w/Logan after reviewing material any documentation of protection against contamination - no evidence of what might been taken to protect .....protection of evidence quality assurance referenced discussed..object - sustained - overruled can answer if can you can

no evidence of QA - process by which you document performance of test....challenge it - testing known samples not contaminated by carryover....proficiency testing - blind performer of the test - object- beyond scope - sustained

review material whether not documentation proper control samples manner of whic - object - sustaine rephrase

proper control discussed? no...what is a control - known amount of chemicals ....object - this is just too far - beyond expertise in toxicology -sustain rephrase

use controls? .....object -sustain

reviewed report and records other material = did you have an opinion regard to ....specificially bench notes as they discuss the manner in which testing on the samples ....negative controls ....rephrase this question

bench notes cause you concern about manner which test was conducted....object - sustained

what is understanding regard to blank samples on bench notes - pg 73 - object sustain

DS tries again....

can you define what a blank sample is in your field for using GCMS? - blank sample known not to contain elements you are trying to look for no contamination of the test....what happens if blank sample is run but computer is not changedd.....object- outside expertise....

run blank sample - don't make changes forget 0 and go back....JA object- DS asks appraoch

Well...I sure hope no one is playing the drinking game by drinking when an objectionis sustainedduring this testimony. Errr.... wait we're still waiting on the testimony.

This could have been an important witness for the defense but so far Sims has screwed it up like nothing I've ever seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove