2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez said: we will be filing a motion on Rodriguez

JA said: he would look forward to any motion filed in front of the court

Baez: said he certainly would be doing that

JA said: "bring it!"

((paraphrased))

:twocents:

yea, I saw that part! "bring it ON"! I love JA

Is there a rule-of-thumb about shorter or longer deliberations predicting one way or the other?

My darling gal, you won't lose your peeps at all! I have two words for you - Drew Peterson. That'll hopefully be the next big one on the docket.

OT bbm

And hopefully it won't be his last. Stacy's out here somewhere and we're still looking for her.

I loved it today when HHJP was going over the charges. Loved watching the cold face of that murderess. No more Target shopping sprees, no more sex marathons with Tony, no more cell phones, no more shoe shopping, no Blockbuster, no photo ops with toothy grimaces, no street clothes or sunglasses, no manicures. Only the heavy clink of a metal door, the small cell, the stinky toilet, the ominous rattle of chains...

Good point, also a possibility. It's unlikely to take as long to go back to trial a second time, as most of the groundwork is already done but it's still a huge expense and could end up in a hung jury again.

I really feel manslaughter is where all this heading, one way or another.

What is the sentence for manslaughter? tia

2crumc3.jpg

Caption this :)

"You didn't ask me THAT."

Having worked for the U. S. Government, I cannot see them giving Rodriguez approval to testify in this or any other case. I wondered how in the world they got someone from DOD to testify. It's really like working for the mafia, you aren't allowed to have an opinion....on anything!

I couldn't even support my local sheriff/marshall/anyone running for a public office...couldn't put a sign in my yard! No way this guy got permission! He did this on his own, took vacation days to get his 5 minutes of fame, didn't expect anyone to see him since it was on Friday but he had to stay over for the SA's depo.....

No, the DOD doesn't work on Saturday, but you can bet his Supervisor was home clicking through the channels, saw him and put a quick stop to that.

He absolutly knew he should not have testified. He would have had to acknowledge that either in an oath ,in writing or both when he was hired.

wonder what we will do while the jury is deliberating??? can you imagine???

furthermore I tend to agree with Bill S. that they will not get this case by Saturday... I imagine (at the rate Baez is going) that they will go into thursday.. than rebuttal will take two days... I bet they don't even finishing closing until after the holiday... (jmhoo)

My bet is that it's going to take two weeks.

2crumc3.jpg

Caption this :)

Mistruth (n.) An utterance at variance with the truth, but not in fact a lie. 1) A mistruth may be distinguished by a lie by the use of the term alone. Thus, a mistruth, while not true, is not a lie, because it is called a mistruth, as opposed to a lie. While both are indeed untrue, only one is a mistruth, and hence not a lie. 2) A statement of truth which is misunderstood to be false. This may sometimes be the result of solid evidence suggesting that the original statement was, in fact, false, but is simply an error on the part of the recipient. Role of intent. Intent actually plays an important role in the appropriate use of the term. If an individual intends to state something at variance with the truth, the utterance must be termed a lie. On the other hand, if their intention was simply to give information without regard to its worth, it must be termed a mistruth in the event it is found to be false.

Snipped from my Thread "Anthony Case Dictionary":
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70566"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Yep, Lovely Linda slipped it right in at the end amongst the defense's usual objections.

NOW!!! Big news, did you all see ICA's reaction when Jeff said to Baez "Bring it on"? I only partly caught it but it looked like she was saying something like "oh yeah we'll bring it on baby"

Please, I hope to goodness someone caught this on video somewhere and will post it.

i just saw that again on HLN, ICA says something like wow, or yeah, then mouths something else, then turns to Mason and gives a big nod.

want to see it again if it's really what she said, lol.

Just an FYI, the young nurse that helps with my daughter did not know about the case prior, she is young female. She is dead on about ICA killing her child, because of her actions. "If that was my baby I would NOT be out at the clubs" Her comments have been interesting to me as she is the same age as Casey, with a two year old. Her opinion of the defense is that they are full of bull; Cindy's lying to save ICA from the death penalty. "I would never in a million years I would be going off on everybody, knocking on everybody's door and FIND my baby"

wonder what we will do while the jury is deliberating??? can you imagine???

furthermore I tend to agree with Bill S. that they will not get this case by Saturday... I imagine (at the rate Baez is going) that they will go into thursday.. than rebuttal will take two days... I bet they don't even finishing closing until after the holiday... (jmhoo)

BBM

Yeah, that will be an interesting 15 minutes. :floorlaugh:

PURELY SPECULATION:

Maybe he overheard another fight, this one between GA and CA, with GA saying he wouldn't change his statement that he never touched ICA when the defense called him to testify (maybe CA offered to give him some of her amazing memory-enhancing meds and he refused). LA toddled off to warn JB, at which point the defense bartered away the molestation accusations in exchange for a more pliable GA, and we saw the DT take a sharp left turn starting yesterday.

Now, where's that LSD? :crazy:

ITA! I could well be wrong but I don't believe the DT will call GA and if they do molestation and accidental drownings will not even be mentioned. JMO

My bet is that it's going to take two weeks.

with Monday (4th) being the holiday I agree with you... I could see closing on tuesday/wednesday (5-6)ish time frame...

than if we move into the penalty phase we have two more weeks after that...

((((glad the lady who had the 4th of july vacation planned got let go off jury duty LOL))))

I want to know if there was a screen door behind the sliding door door. Especially in Fla., it's a given. I don't think Caylee could have moved that sliding glass door by herself.

it would be in ICA best intrest to plea to,because now she knows all the SA has against her

If it were me, my kid or my client, I would recommend it or take a simple manslaughter charge and run with it. I think it's a minimum of 9 or 10 years in FL, not a slap on the wrist but also requires parole for quite some period of time.

It looks like we are stuck with all these defense attys and talking heads (LDB) tonite on tv.

I think it is looking bad for the prosecution. All the talking heads act like the defense has it in the bag now. Very sad if Casey gets away with this but I think its looking bad. The only thing really against KC now is her actions of not reporting the kid and fear could be a good reason for that. Her happy go lucky ways are about the only fishy thing left. There is the smell in the trunk but the defense may have given plenty of reasonable doubt. I still think she is guilty as sin.

I have a question that is probably rather dumb. It seems clear that the DT is trying to pin everything on George. Is it possible that an investigation would take place involving George after ICA's trial? I don't believe George was involved but wouldn't they go after him for being an accomplice?

I think because the State never suspected GA being involved as an accomplice and still don't, so they won't investigate him.

Will Judge Perry ever be allowed to say what he really thinks about this case? Sure would be interested in knowing. :crazy::waitasec::maddening::floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:[/QUOTE

I would say a big no to that.

I want to know if there was a screen door behind the sliding door door. Especially in Fla., it's a given. I don't think Caylee could have moved that sliding glass door by herself.

My boys are 3.5 and have been able to work the slider for quite some time, unfortunately. I have to be really careful to make sure nobody has escaped the mommy prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13