2011.06.24 TRIAL Day Twenty-seven (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
Sounds like there's a bird in here. Maybe it's drawn to all the tweeting going on... #caseyanthony #caseyanthonytrial

I thought it was just me... I hear it, too!

Missed a few moments of testimony

JA the.question.to.you.Mr.A.was.this ....what was the way you asked the question two hours ago and two years ago....2 years ago I didn't believe Caylee is dead.....my emotions are elicited from the facts that I have regrets and I wish I would have been there a whole lot more than I was....

JA - you attended and spoke @ a Memorial 6 months before this depo was taken! yes
no further questions

REdirect -JB
you were asked about a stain somewhere in this vicinity the size of a basketball? publish to the jury #80 - publish - do you see a basketball size stain there/ object-overule
I see a few stains - nothing the size of a basketball ..

do you see white powder? object-photo speaks for itself

point to me where you see ....

stains that I refer to are darker in nature ....pardon I am color blind but red or black ....did you see your Mother use an entire bottle of Febreze ...object overrule----did you see LE spray entire trunk w/Bluestar- don't even know that is....

did you meet with DT anytime prior to trial....let me narrow that down..
meet with Dt

advise us of any testimony you intended to give for the FL State...did you testify truthfully when you testified (object-sustained)

LA - can I bring up?
JB - I would like to question the witness about it your honor - show to witness pg 31 - double check - go to 30....just double checking want to follow up on a question...pg 31

lines 12-14....review.....read asked during cross examin. first sentence read into evidence - second sentence ...I think if I did not to her directly or I would have said something to my mom or a friend of mine.....that is what you were referring to when you testified about when first told Mom-object-
JB- witness can answer
JA = witness can't change answer
HHBP - read answer - speak for itself.

LA - Mom told me to let it go....worries about kc's pregnancy - my inquiry yes...

lines 13-18 look over read...during cross JA suggested your parents were over the top...that is not (object-overrule - let him finish asking question)

Mr. Ashton said your parents were over the top with happiness with Caylee being born...is that what you meant? yes....any other opinions about your mother not being happy or being thrilled....I gave my impression that she is not thrilled that kc had a baby out of wedlock...baby shower occurred for Caylee after she was born....object -assume fact not in evidence -sustain

Did Caylee baby shower occur after Caylee was born? don't know for sure....asked why didn't cry during depo...is sitting here today much different than sitting in Atty office two years ago - object- overrule

share -why -
don't want to be here, my sister or parents to be here, also emotionally much different place than I was a couple years ago....this is emotionally draining and very difficult....giving speech @ Caylee memorial prior to depo- testified not believing Caylee was dead....I was not willing to write it off at that time....having a funeral for your neice and block it out for 6 months -object-lead sustain....again....what were able to do compartmentalize for 6 months after your neice died....I don't know....I came to belief she is gone....if I saw someone who looked like her I would turn my head 1 or 3 or 100xs last year particularly hard for me....around my birthday and Caylee birthday....I remember it being a big joke to other people that I didn't believe it and now I do....is it a joke? objection-sustained
no further questions....

recross

JA - remember when testified for State of FL - in july 2009? no when you testified for State....how many times did Mr. George step up to you to refresh ...object overrule...probably as many times as you both did today....in your testimony with your recolletion from JB....but when Mr. George question you ...you had a lot more trouble...
yes hard to remember things 2 years ago...
pg - line 13-24 Hey kc looking probably looking @ passing ...I don't believe I made it a big deal - she shrugged me off for whatever reason or my sister was just getting fat or whatever....you probably spoke to your Mother....your recollection is better today but back then it was no big deal....probably at minimum @ passing...I don't believe I made it a big deal....(object-sustained)
pg 33 lines 1-8 - read that please to yourself.....need to see page before I will be happy to show to you (object-outside scope of re-direct) when baby shower and preparations ...in that refresh recollection -months preceeding Caylee's birth for the shower? yes....

JB no further questions
JA -I have 1 further question....no I don't thank you

Witness stand down

Oh for crying out loud Lee, make up a story you are not doing well in these lies. Your sister had it all over you.

Jose asked if Lee compartmentalized and blocked out Casey's death....Jeff should ask if he too was sexually abused by George

1:30 judge and lawyers back

SIDEBAR #9 (1:30-1:44)

JURY BACK 1:46

CROSS EXAMINATION OF LA BY JA

States Exhibit #80 - photo of trunk. He agreed with the markings of where he remembered stains being. The stain on the spare tire cover was not there when he owned it. It also did not have a stench.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Did you meet with a member of the prosetion team..

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Yes - and I refused to do that.

Mr. Baez requested a meeting with you to prepare?

To my knowledge, it was not to prepare. However, he had reached out to him prior to this week and then they followed it up with a meeting this week.

OBJECTION - request instruction - OVERRULED

Why did you, after refusing to meet with us, reach out to JB?

While I was in court, prior to getting called to a stand, during a break, he sat in with his parents and there was a discussion where information came out that he thought it was important for JB to be made aware of. He took it upon himself to do that.

Was this on the subjects you had discussed today? No.

Regarding ICA's pregnancy? You had a conversation with ICA when you discovered the bump? He stated he made a remark and didn't really expect a response. He said "what the hell is that" in passing.

Regarding 7/30/09 depo - page 31 line 6-15 - regarding the event of seeing the bump or the bulge. He recalled it. He was asked if he called her out on it.

OBJECT - improper impeachment - OVERRULED

In the depo he said it wasn't really his place. He now states that he did not call her out on it at the airport either when it was quite obvious.

He was shown page 30

OBJECT - read entire answer - HHJBP you can do it on redirect

He could not tell from the depo which instance he was talking about.

He did not know if his parents were excited when they learned of the parents. They did not say anything to him. That was one of the reasons he was so angry and decided not to go see her. He was not included and when he asked about it early on, it was denied to him and that was what he did.

His parents ARE very over the top. Prior to Caylee's birth he did not really pay a lot of attention. It was something he was told to let go and not address.

Page 35 of his depo - He was asked read the whole page to himself. This discusses the period before Caylee was born. His role was just to be there in the background just to support, not be over the top, because my parents were to be over the top? He was under the impression that they were excited. He wasn't asked to be involved. They would take care of it and do whatever was necessary.

Preparations to house - they got a crib. Did they redecorate an entire room? To my knowledge, yes. He saw it after the fact. It was done to the nines.

He lived in the room right next door. Did your mother go nuts decorating the room? I know there was winnie the pooh everywhere. He never walked into the room until a little after she was born. He is sure that ICA and CA shopped in preparation. If there was a party, he was not invited. If there was a baby shower - he was not invited. He believes there was a baby shower in June. They invited their friends, Casey's friends, but he doesn't believe they invited Mallory. He has no knowledge of the party. He imagined it was at the house. He didn't ask to see presents. He was not involved in it. He felt it was either hidden from him or not made a part of it.

He wishes he was an attentive potential uncle, but he was not.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Page 36 of depo - line 22 to end of page - he recalled it. Did you cry during that portion of your depo? I don't think so. Why did you cry 2 hours ago that caused you to cry? There were other things asked in my depo....

OBJECTION - nonresponsive - SUSTAINED

What was different?

OBJECTION BY JA - we need to hear

What was different 2 hours ago than in your depo? 2 years ago I did not 100% hold the belief that Caylee was dead. Since then, he has come to the place where he believes that she is and his emotions are elicited from the fact that he has regrets and he wishes he could be there a lot more than he was.

Memorial service - 1/09 - 6 months before depo - YES SIR, I did.

No further questions.

REDIRECT by JB

Regarding stain on spare tire cover (Exhibit #80). Do you see a stain?

OBJECTION - photo speaks for itself - OVERRULED

He sees a few stains but nothing as big as a basketball

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Do you see white powder? Yes, but that is different than a stain. He marked where the stains were that he knew of. He now could not see the other stain. He is color blind so his interpretation of colors is different.

Did you see your mother use an entire bottle of FaBreeze in the car?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Never.

Did you see LE spray the trunk with Blue Star? No

Did you meet with the Defense prior to you testifying for the State against your sister? No.

He did not advise the Defense of his testimony to the State.

Did you testify truthfully?

OBJECTION - bolstering - SUSTAINED

Page 30 of depo - lines 12-14 - second sentence - "I think if I did, not to her directly. Or I would have said something to my mom or to a friend of mine, you know." That's what you were referring to when you first told your mother?

OBJECTION - leading - OVERRULED

Yes, sir.

When you said you were told to let it go, who told you? My Mom. That referred to his inquiry into ICA's pregnancy.

Page 33 - Lines 13-18 - Parents were over the top and ecstatic. Is that what you testified to in your depo? I believe it is to the extent of that.

Are there any other opinions that you gave about your mother not being happy or thrilled? He gave an ipinion that it was his impression that his mother was not thrilled that ICA would have a baby out of wedlock.

Baby shower happend after Caylee was born?

OBJECTION - leading - SUSTAINED

Did the shower happen after the fact because no one knew she was pregnant

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

He does not recall.

Why didn't you cry during depo question - is sitting here today much different than sitting in the SA's office two years ago? Absolutely.

Why - I don't want to be here. I don't want my sister and my parents to be here. I'm also emotionally in a much different place than I was a couple of years ago and this is obviously emotionally draining and very difficult.

Speech at memorial service prior to depo - he did not want to believe that Caylee was dead at that time - even after the memorial service.

You were able to block her death out for 6 months after the Memorial Service?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

He doesn't know when he really came to the belief that he has now that Caylee is no longer with them. Even now, if someone looks like her, he will still look. He doesn't know when that really changed for him. Last year around Caylee and his birthday was particularly hard for him. He remembers being asked aroudn the time of the depo if he believed she was dead - he didn't want to and couldn't. He knew it was a joke to some people.

Who was it a joke to?

OBJECTION - relevance - SUSTAINED

RECROSS BY JA

During his testimony earlier in this case, how many times did FG have to refresh your recolleciton?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Two or three times. He wasn't counting.

Did JB have to refresh your recollecton? He asked me to read two or three pages. During his initial exam, your recollection was just fine. I believe they were. But, when FG attempted to question you - it is hard to remember something from 2 years ago.

Line 15-24 of depo - Did you say anything to your mom like hey Casey's looking pregnant, probably in passing. If she shrugged him off..... He said - probably - at minimum - at passing.

OBJECTION - asked and answered - SUSTAINED

Page 33 - Lines 1-8 -

OBJECTION - outside of scope of redirect - OVERRULED

Shower was prior to Caylee's birth? Yes.

No further questions.

Witness is excused (2:24)

Why is JA against LA?

He's not against him. He's trying to show his testimony can't be trusted by the jury ( called impeachment) now I will say this at the risk of having a truck load of tomatos thrown at me---JA does come across as abrasive in his quest for justice in this trial. It's not an endearing quality and if I were on the jury I would take an immediate dislike to that demeanor but I"m not so it doesn't matter what I think. (I don't like JB either).

all JMHO

How in the hello did this woman get her family to stand up for her after killing her baby, lying to them about it and accusing them of molestation?

My opinion only. These people are vile, every one of them. I'm going to focus on the brave, courageous and honorable family of the Unibomber and try to ignore the fact that there are people in our society who who lie to murderers off just because they are "family," even though they killed other "family." This is worse than OJ. JMO.

Why is Judge Perry so rude to Ashton and so friendly with CM? I don't like it one bit :(

what a strange bunch... I don't think I will ever understand the Anthony family

So somebody clue me in on why JB is being kind to the person who molested his client?? And why didn't he even ask him about that?

Someone just said "is there a bird in here, do you hear that?"

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at one thing! The guy with the neck brace... Is he really injured or is he wearing the brace for the neck breaking that was searched online!!!
Just had to giggle on that one!!!

LA is speaking truthfully now IMHO.

I believe for the first time I actually see a hint of pain in ICA's face.... watching her brother testifying.

As the mother of a boy & girl (ages 20 & 14)... my kids are thick as thieves. I've heard them reference that they always have each other's back and always will. Wouldn't surprise me if they both sold me down the river to protect each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3