2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.

It was significant to him.

Then asked...

CM: Was anything else significant?

RK: No.

That is pure bull. He thought he had found Caylee and even told his buddies he saw a skull. Then later called OCSO about it.

And the snake was the big deal? No. Homey don't play that.

Because the woman GA allegedly had an affair with is claiming GA told her that Caylee died accidentally.

I've always believed that George DID tell her that, but that he meant that's what HE believed happened. He didn't think Casey did anything on purpose so it must have been an accident and she paniced so it spiraled out of control.

Geez, from the comments it appears no witness can win here regardless of how they testify. Just want to add, that neither GA nor RK asked for any of this. The DT, in their opening statement, --on national television--to be seared in the collective memories of millions of people--accused these two men of horrible, vile things. I know it, and anyone with half a brain knows that none of what was said was true. How would you then react when questioned by the DT member who vilified you publicly? If it were me, they would have to shackle me to ensure I didn't jump off the stand and ***** slap the DT member who was questioning me.

why did baez ask cindy about dc searching and video taping the area when he knew that his next witnesses, lee and yuri, would contradict her? what am i missing?

I think he's credible, too, but why, when initially asked if anything stood out about Aug. 11, did he deny it? CM then had to ask him all those questions, and his answers belied his first answer.

He didn't really deny it, at first he said - you mean finding rattlesnake? (OSLT)

I think he just felt like CM was trying to trick him so he better revert back to short and sweet, Sir.

Has anyone ever seen a trial like this ?! I have watched a few in my life but nothing, and I mean nothing like this, the DT, to me is so embarassing. I would be totally embarassed to have them.

I have to agree with you. The closest one I can think of is the Neil Entwistle case. His defense team didn't put on a defense. He, of course, was convicted.

IMHO and JMHO it makes no difference to me if GA did or didn't have an inappropriate relationship with River C. (I'm not really sure what to think about as to if he really did or didn't). I don't think that the DT proved him to be a liar based on that line of questioning.

If I were a juror IMHO and I was asked to evaluate if someone was willing to lie about an affair (which that affair was denied by River C in a depo, sworn testimony IIRC) that I should assume that would make it more likely for them to lie about molesting their daughter and to lie about taking their only grandchild remains and trying to stage--whatever it is alleged he staged because I'm not clear on exactly what the DT asserts he did.

I just don't make the connection. People can make the mistake of having an affair without having criminal activity as well. JMHO

BBM

That's the bottom line, Kat. When will the DT bother to explain to us what the heck the claim it is that GA did? The whole "strategy" reminds me of a freshman paper -- often lacking a thesis, they throw support together in a way that does not logically point towards a specific point.

I guess we're supposed to "fill-in-the-blanks" for ourselves. That's just asinine.

Mr. Kronk is testifying the way he was instructed to by his attorney. He is answering the questions as he should. Just answer the direct question, honestly, briefly, a yes or no is more than enough if it is a yes nor no question. Do not tell your life story, this is not a soap opera nor a hotline. Just answer quickly and briefly.

So is George.

I've noticed some friction between the guard and ICA several times today. ICA seems to be irritated with the guards proximity and authority

I've seen her give her guards attitude every day, including the jury selection I watched. Her posture and movements yell "get your hands off of me" and generally being angry, put-upon, and insulted at getting "handled" while coming in and out of the courtroom. moo

I can't thank from my phone, but I did believe George.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

In a way it was. He explained his motivations for looking in the swamp for Caylee. Then today he says he wasn't looking for Caylee. He's contradicting himself today in big ways.
The jury won't know that though unless Mason brings it out. That's the point. Who cares if he's contradicting himself if the 12 people it matters to never gets to know that.

Mason should have nailed Kronk on that then and there, IMO.

We can bandy it about all day long, but it won't matter if Mason is too *unusual* to bring it up during direct and re-direct. IMO, Mason was ill prepared this morning.

Geez, from the comments it appears no witness can win here regardless of how they testify. Just want to add, that neither GA nor RK asked for any of this. The DT, in their opening statement, --on national television--to be seared in the collective memories of millions of people--accused these two men of horrible, vile things. I know it, and anyone with half a brain knows that none of what was said was true. How would you then react when questioned by the DT member who vilified you publicly? If it were me, they would have to shackle me to ensure I didn't jump off the stand and ***** slap the DT member who was questioning me.

Very much agreed... IS kept harping on GA's hesitation calling in to doubt his truthfulness. To me, that hesitation wasn't a sign of falsehood but rather a combination of exasperation and pure, unadulterated anger.

I thought playing possum meant playing dead which is just about what this defense team is, RK is telling the truth and that is why he comes across strong and unshakable. We have seen little of the truth in this trial so far so this is refreshing, conspiracy theorists see boogy men behind every bush, sometimes it's just the truth.

In this situation, playing possum = playing dumb. As if the things he said in the past don't even exist.

If you buy into the DT's theory then sure.

I think it would've been so much better if GA had just said yes...I told her I thought it might have been an accident that spiraled out of control because the story ICA was telling me didn't make sense. In one of his police interviews didn't GA tell LE that he and CA had a discussion about the pool ladder being down and discussed what if there was an accident...MOO but I believe GA knew from the get go that ICA was involved, but wanted to believe it was an accident...so I don't think admitting that he made that statement to RC would've been the end of the world...but alas I realize that I do not think like this family...

On the other hand, it may have been discussed already...but anyone think the information that LA testified to today what he went to JB about?

I had to testify once in defense of a police officer. I was his only witness and not prepped for testimony. The LE standing outside of the courtroom advised me about only answering yes or no. They advised me I didn't have to answer any question that couldn't be answered yes or no. The first question the crown attorney asked wasn't a yes no question. It wasn't even a question I could possible know the answer to so I just sat there looking at him and nobody said a word. After a few minutes staring me down, he asked a yes no question.

I actually was a testified once in a case, oddly enough I worked at a storage place at one time. A gentleman came in and showed me a badge and wanted to look in a unit that wasn't his. I didn't let him because I was told he had to have a search warrant. 2 days before the trial they called me and 2 FBI agents came to interview me. Turns out this guy was going around impersonating several LE/FBI/DEA. He and his wife were emebezzling lots of money and had stored it IN THE UNIT! Weirdest thing ever. I was never prepped, nervous as heck. They asked me a couple questions on the stand about the badge and I couldn't answer them. I honestly didn't really look at the badge closely because I, at the time, was alone with this guy and he was really P'o'd I wouldn't let him in the storage unit because HIS NAME didn't match as someone who was allowed to enter. Had he used his real name I would have let him in because it was his unit!

Kelly

Then asked...

CM: Was anything else significant?

RK: No.

That is pure bull. He thought he had found Caylee and even told his buddies he saw a skull. Then later called OCSO about it.

And the snake was the big deal? No. Homey don't play that.

You know, I can see it, 3 guys out there, Roy saying "is there something out there, it looks like a skull" and the others going "ya right Dude, Oh, look at the size of this snake?" and then it's all about the snake but only Roy really thought he'd seen something. I believe he went home, told his GF and she knew more about where he was cuz she watched it all on TV and she made him call. I honestly can see the other guys poo pooing ROy and latching on to the snake and ROy not thinking what he saw was a big deal till his GF said OMG that's near the Anthony's you gotta call just in case. KWIM??

Once again I am confuzzled by the Anthony's testimony. Why couldn't George just answer yes or no to the questions? That bothered me. Why did it appear that CA was lying yet again and that Lee's testimony incriminated his mother? I'm starting to think that CA left Lee out of things because he wasn't willing to play by her rules. Weirder yet, the three testimonies seemed somewhat scripted. I'm so confused by this family!

Is SH on IS watching the same trial? She's saying she doesn't think RK is "doing as well as I thought he would"...

I've quit listening to her. She is so out there she doesn't make sense to me anymore.

Bravo!!!

Roy Kronk is obviously testifying with legal counsel. Careful to reply to questions only without ramble, and asking for clarification of dates etc.
I am still set back by JB referring to Caylee's remains as the "dead kid". Shudder. George testifies that he attempted to use personal adjectives "such as need you in my life" to a woman that was dealing with brain tumour. Cindy denies any directives towards the PI searches yet Lee is angry once again that the "family" are once again not including him in their directives/decisions. He cannot understand why they would be looking for a deceased child rather than a kidnapped child. So, rather than argue with his parents, he removes himself from the situation. Once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member