2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that Cindy and George are fortunate to still be here. I truly believe that Casey could have just as well knocked them out along with Caylee. If she hadn't got caught and put in jail when she did, George and Cindy may not be here today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomCat
Ah...but they do. The imnates buily a new chair for it a few years back, in fact, to replace the chair from (circa) 1923. Nice new oak. Uses the same old original electrical setup however.

Strange...I keep a kosher kitchen, but I could swear I hear bacon sizzling...

(brought over cause got me fingers slammed in the door when thread closed)
Please don't associate bacon with the inmate...I like bacon. Just sayin.

Sorry, guess I shoild have called it what we call it around here: The Unmentionable Meat. Or as a friend who tried to sneak a (ahem) hamm sammich in insisted it was really "Pink Turkey."

I have a friend who is a devote 30 year vegan who begs me to cook him bacon. Says he craves it worse than he ever craved cigarettes after quitting. My first laugh all day! Thanks Momcat!!!

Although george seems to be more truthful today, I can't disregard all the lies he's told. As for suicide, people intent on that just do it, they don't talk about it.

I completely (though respectfully) disagree. I've personally been in a few situations with family and friends throughout the years in which just about every one of those who've attempted suicide and/or been successful in carrying it out either talked about it or at least mentioned or alluded to their intent.

moo

if the defense rests today.... we are one step closer to justice. OMG it gives me goosebumps.

I think she thinks this is a movie and she's the star and at the end she'll get top billing in the credits. When she leaves the witness stand, she expects applause.
In short, I think she's oblivious to reality. She lied so well to the psychiatrists and psychologists who assessed her competency the trial was allowed to continue but in reality she's completely oblivious.
It's the only explanation I have.
The ICAs of the world are the ones we should be sending to the front lines, not the young heros who would contribute to the betterment of humankind down the road. I'm so sickened today. I've never despised anyone or anything like this before and I'm scaring myself.

http://www.skcentral.com/articles.php?article_id=24 yes, it is all about her!

Is GA off the stand, I had to leave right as they recessed for lunch?

JB and the darn gascans, he is looking like a fool. A piece of duct tape will not prove anything except to make him look like an azz. he needs to move on, it's nonsense.

Will anyone want to see JB on any talking head show? I think his days are over. No one wants to hear his opinions on anything ever.
This is a serious question...I get that Jose is playing the "bad" lawyer role...the one who isn't afraid of getting dirty...but does he really believe he's pulling this off? Does he think he's clever? Is there some brilliant strategy at work here to get his client off? Or is he really this g-d awful?
(Not bashing...wonder if his line of questioning is "deliberate" for a reason.)

I had to take a break. Just wanted to add,the reason I kept bringing up my situation when my son committed suicide is because everything GA was saying ,and the anguish on his face ,rang true to me.
He said much of what I felt after losing my son. I apologize if I sound like I'm all about me. That's not why I bring it up. It's to validate GA's testimony. Always,JMO.

Sweet Lady - you have NOTHING to apologize for.

We can see your heart and what you were trying to say.

Thank you for sharing a very personal part of you with us.

So many people waiting on steps of courthouse for the players in #CaseyAnthony trial to emergeby abcashleigh via twitter at 11:23 AM

I have seen crowds waiting for Britney Spears that were smaller than the crowd waiting for #josebaez outside.by stevehelling via twitter at 11:29 AM

Was it just me or did JB seem to be making a mockery out of GA's suicide attempt. He kept referring to six beers and blood pressure medicine. Who cares what avenue he tried? Suicide should never be taken lightly nor referred to in a condescending tone.

I agree. In my opinion - It felt like Baez was cruelly taunting George Anthony because he wasn't successful in his suicide attempt.

My take on Casey's hate towards George:

She truly hates him. It is NOT because she was abused by him. She first got angry when Caylee was "missing" that George was more concerned over Caylee than herself. We all know how insane her jealousy towards Caylee was. After George accepted the truth and knew Casey was involved, she was outraged. Then he wouldn't lie on the stand to save her. That was the icing on the cake. She hates him so much that he is speaking for Caylee rather than to save her tail.

She hates him SO much for this. If he helps put her on death row, she will do all she can to make sure that she also puts the nail in his coffin. She wants to make sure that he has nothing else to live for after this.

I think it also has to do with his Grand Jury tesimony. I think she holds him responsible for her ultimate arrest and murder charges based on that. I also think this is why they have accused him of molestation - To get back at him!

Can anyone point me to bios of Linda Drane Burdick and/or Jeff Ashton? I'd love to read their scholastic background. I'm just so impressed with both of them, to the point where I'm considering going back to law school.

The defense team, now they are a joke...and ICA could win an appeal based on incompetent attorneys...

There is a line of psychiatric research arguing that narcissism is inherited and may be genetic. CA clearly exhibits NPD symptoms as does ICA. Two narcissists, one sociopath.

:cow:

I so Totally agree with this. I have always said that Cindy is a narcissist and Casey inherited the trait but she is also a sociopath.

I've always thought the sociopathic part of Casey was created by the power struggle of two narcissists tying to coincide together, espically when you add in a child that both thought they were the "mother" of. It's the ultimate power struggle and this is the result. True narcissists aren't uncommon but they aren't very common either, to have two of them in the same family butting heads is RARE and one usually ends up dead or in prison.

casey is evil evil evil and rotten rotten rotten to the very core.

No offense meant to anyone here, honestly, but I thought I'd weigh in on this crying issue from the male perspective.

I was a criminal investigator in the military. I saw men cry many times, all different ranks, all different ages, for all kinds of reasons. I've cried myself many times.

I won't say that there isn't still a certain social pressure on men not to display that emotion often, but the idea that grown men don't cry is, in my estimation, at least two generations ago.

It's a sexist assumption, not any more valid than suggesting that women are "emotional" by nature. Some are, some aren't. Some men like sports, some don't. Some women like to gossip, some don't. I'm sure you see what I mean.

Stereotypes are a lazy way of understanding people. It's lots easier to just assume things about a gender or group of people than it is to take everyone as an individual and deal with them on that level.

Just food for thought, and no offense intended. But, as a man, it is a little disheartening to see people still throwing around obviously sexist ideas about what consitutes "normal" male emotional behavior.

:cow:

My take on Casey's hate towards George:

She truly hates him. It is NOT because she was abused by him. She first got angry when Caylee was "missing" that George was more concerned over Caylee than herself. We all know how insane her jealousy towards Caylee was. After George accepted the truth and knew Casey was involved, she was outraged. Then he wouldn't lie on the stand to save her. That was the icing on the cake. She hates him so much that he is speaking for Caylee rather than to save her tail.

She hates him SO much for this. If he helps put her on death row, she will do all she can to make sure that she also puts the nail in his coffin. She wants to make sure that he has nothing else to live for after this.

In her jailhouse letters to Robyn she talks about how she just found out LA was "working from a script" and taking info back to LA (remember the Agents of the States hearing) and she said and we know what my dad said to LE...she is mad about her mom betraying her and says two down, one to go. So yeah, she is very angry at GA and this is all personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay