2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question on procedure in Florida................. The jury is sequestered. It's expected that the case will go to the jury for deliberation sometime on Saturday.

Once they reach a verdict, do they remain sequestered during the penalty phase?

The whole reason for sequestration is so the jury isn't influenced by media coverage or by non-jurors before deciding the verdict. It would seem to me that the jury would need to remain sequestered during the penalty phase because if they weren't sequestered they could get online and read about the details of the case that were not presented during the trial.

Does anyone know the procedure for the jury once a verdict is reached?

River/Krystal is getting the attention she so wanted. I bet the book is forthcoming. Nothing says classy like profiting off of a dead baby.

uh oh...over in the newbie Caylee thread...it seems at least one person still sees reasonable doubt...and would not vote guilty!!!

Please don't bash that person! But...the jury??? Are we in trouble with juror#4?

No...

That's it? Wow. I have to say I'm really shocked. After watching the incredible going ons with this case before and during trial.....serious criminal activities by some, this guy gets 6 days in jail and a fine for an almost unnoticeable gesture?

It's laughable. :floorlaugh:

I agree. I hear about people getting off on much serious offenses all the time. What about the woman who was fined and given a day in jail during jury selection also...she was obviously a bit mentally unbalanced. I don't think fining her and giving her a day in jail will teach her much. Does this stop other people from doing the same thing? I doubt it. Also, why could someone's silly outburst or unflattering gesture possibly cause a mistrial?

HF, you've said exactly the same thing as the behaviourist! The question is,why comment at all? Why make the comparison?

Sorry, didn't mean to start a whole discussion here - Sally was bad enough yesterday. :truce:

No, I didn't. I said it did not say anything about the person's ego - you said the behaviorists claimed it did. I don't get this aversion to judging people. Makes no sense to me at all. Why make the comparison? Well because we live in a society that has certain standards. Some are debatable but most agree that murder, violent crime, etc. are wrong. I DO judge people who commit these acts. I also judge people by how they treat others, in this case - how they treat volunteers, LE, etc. Doesn't mean I think I am better than them, it's just an opinion based on my life experience. I'm not upset, just explaining what I mean. Regarding the 'judge not lest ye be judged' that does not mean anything to me.

So on HLN a few minutes ago CH/RC admits to being intimate several times with GA...then says 5 or 6...then 6 emphatically. I don't know what this woman hopes to gain...but shame on HLN for even giving her an interview. JMO

Probably not texting but he knew the camera was on him...and now he knows HHJP was on him as well!!

Just curious why you think he's not texting? Everyone else in the courtroom is.:waitasec:

Aaaaaahh!!! I love Vinnie, but RC/KH's shrieking/crying/whatevering is driving me nuts. Thankful for commercial.

A question on procedure in Florida................. The jury is sequestered. It's expected that the case will go to the jury for deliberation sometime on Saturday.

Once they reach a verdict, do they remain sequestered during the penalty phase?

The whole reason for sequestration is so the jury isn't influenced by media coverage or by non-jurors before deciding the verdict. It would seem to me that the jury would need to remain sequestered during the penalty phase because if they weren't sequestered they could get online and read about the details of the case that were not presented during the trial.

Does anyone know the procedure for the jury once a verdict is reached?
Sequestered, would that mean they are together at all times till the verdict is reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader