2011.06.30 TRIAL Day Thirty-two (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe Casey drove that car with the stink of her dead daughter in it. sick

The jury is going to want to open that can. Especially since they have already smelled evidence.

I can not believe they are even proposing to open a can and let the jury smell it. OMG!!!1

HHJP: You want 'em to smell it Mr. Baez?
Baez: citing case law...

I'm really not sure how I feel about the cans. I do want the jury to smell them and in the same respect I'm concerned if they do. What if the jury doesn't think it smells like decomp? This also opens up a bunch of useful items on appeal. ugh

Re: Salary

I think it really depends what career you have. My DH is on salary and works for a company where he is charged with ensuring the safety of those he oversees. He has to fill out a time sheet so if the chit hits the fan they know who to fire (quite frankly).

I think in CA's case this might apply as well, if she wasn't at work when she said she was besides perjure she was creating an unsafe work enviroment (as a supervisor).

oooohhhhhhhh, the stink cans. The jury will probably want to smell!!!

maybe a lawyer on the board can answer this: wouldn't the jury be able to do that during deliberations if they asked, since the cans are in evidence? TIA

Exactly what JA is saying...especially since it was a HUGE part of the case. If I was a juror I'd want to smell for myself. go*****ammit!

Ashton: If this jury asks to smell the evidence, are we going to tell them no? #caseyanthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 1:34 PM

Man I don't know why but smelling this can worries me. What is the smell is gone. It's been a few years. That would backfire on the Pros.

If JB truely thought the cans smelled like trash he would WANT them to open it, IMO.

I hope they have checked to make sure that ALL of the jurors have a sense of smell, or this could lead to an appeal...

Okay, would someone set me straight here. Has the STATE requested that CA's time sheet be checked to see if she was at work the day she alleges she googled Chorophyll, Chloroform, or whatever???? HELP, i'm try to work.....

Now I hear them talking about cans - OMG, help!!!!

The jury has been out for 3 hours now.

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Baez says he does NOT want jury to open the can and smell decomposition
50 seconds ago

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
The state wants to let the jury sniff the trunk part that smells of decomposition.. They smelled the trash..
3 minutes ago

:lol: JA gives JB a copy of the case, and he hands it to ICA!

So, what happens if this case is a mistrial and the can is opened...does that destroy this evidence for retrial? B Shaeffer, I believe, brought this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member