2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can ICA speak during penalty phase to plead for her life?

In our State the Defendant can do a unsworn statement during the mitigation part of the penalty phase. Meaning they are not sworn in and they can not be questioned by the State. They have free rein to plea for their life. I am certain KC will take advantage of her moment on the stage.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I just saw a video on JVM. Did Cindy walk out of court today mad, pointing her finger at George?

I'm feeling so sad and drained.

Somewhere in my wanting to see ICA get at least LWOP for what she did,
Part of me got lost, and thought this would bring Caylee back,KWIM?

But at the end of the day, precious Caylee Marie will not be coming back,
will not be growing up, will not be singing or swimming.

Her sunshine WAS taken away.

Whether her mentally deficient "mother" gets severely punished or not,
It doesn't bring Caylee back.

Casey cannot feel Empathy, her Sociopathic, Narcissistic, Pathological Liar
Personality disorder doesn't allow for it.
That's sad also.

I don't believe she can be"fixed"or rehabilitated.
She should never be allowed to have another child
because she cannot change what she is.

If she was what we expect a mother to be,
none of this would have happened.
She would have told the truth of what really happened,
pled insanity, begged for her own life,
anything other than the behavior we've seen.
But I don't believe she can.

I always believed Casey strangled Caylee - something about those clenching hands of hers and her raging face.
I hope she did use chloroform, I'd feel a little better
thinking Caylee died in her sleep.
I think for those who knew and loved Caylee,
Casey should be forced to tell them
the truth about how and why she killed her.
I know I have to accept that won't happen.

I'm sorry to be rambling here- so much more I wanted to say
But I don't think it's coming out right now.
Need to step back for awhile.
Thank you all for being here - I don't have anyone else as involved
as you guys to talk about my feelings to.

Just My Sincere Feelings and random thoughts.

Or lord, Lippman says, CA maintains she made the searches but didn't make them on those days. She never said she did it in March.
not on that computer I don't think. He shoulld know better, just say she used an old computer they threw away!
moo

I am thinking that today may also be on everyone’s minds when CA gets up and begs for ICA to not get the death penalty. Actually I do not even know if this is done in front of the whole jury or just the judge after the jury ,makes its recommendation.

I would be happy if GA made the victim impact statement for Caylee.

Please refresh my memory about that entry. TIA

“She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?”

Thank you megsy, It almost looks to me as if she is refusing to sign somthing and says NO. LOVE the way the guard let's her know in NO uncertain terms "let's go honey".
Has anyone here figured out what else she was saying? I did notice at one other point today that when she was speaking to the person beside her she wasn't covering her mouth--a sign of falling apart???

I bet the guards present when the conviction is ... I mean when the verdict is read are prepared for anything.

What appeal was this? There's been so many. TIA!!! Was it the one to start over with a new Jury that isn't DP qualified?

CM asked for an acquittal after the jury was released for the day.

I'm feeling so sad and drained.

Somewhere in my wanting to see ICA get at least LWOP for what she did,
Part of me got lost, and thought this would bring Caylee back,KWIM?

But at the end of the day, precious Caylee Marie will not be coming back,
will not be growing up, will not be singing or swimming.

Her sunshine WAS taken away.

Whether her mentally deficient "mother" gets severely punished or not,
It doesn't bring Caylee back.

Casey cannot feel Empathy, her Sociopathic, Narcissistic, Pathological Liar
Personality disorder doesn't allow for it.
That's sad also.

I don't believe she can be"fixed"or rehabilitated.
She should never be allowed to have another child
because she cannot change what she is.

If she was what we expect a mother to be,
none of this would have happened.
She would have told the truth of what really happened,
pled insanity, begged for her own life,
anything other than the behavior we've seen.
But I don't believe she can.

I always believed Casey strangled Caylee - something about those clenching hands of hers and her raging face.
I hope she did use chloroform, I'd feel a little better
thinking Caylee died in her sleep.
I think for those who knew and loved Caylee,
Casey should be forced to tell them
the truth about how and why she killed her.
I know I have to accept that won't happen.

I'm sorry to be rambling here- so much more I wanted to say
But I don't think it's coming out right now.
Need to step back for awhile.
Thank you all for being here - I don't have anyone else as involved
as you guys to talk about my feelings to.

Just My Sincere Feelings and random thoughts.

so well expressed and so sad
this has become a horrible circus
but you are so right in the end.
Please take care of yourself.
This world can be a very bad and frightening place.
My hope id always that one event can prevent more of the same.
We heard a phone call (NG IIRC) from a Grandma who legally got
custody of her grandchild because she felt this case was going to repeat
itself in that child's case.

Darn it all, I still don't know why the A's refused lie detectors at the very beginning and why they all hired attorneys for themselves.....anyone?

I just posted a question about why they have an attorney in the lawyers thread. I never understood either why they needed attorneys from the very beginning. What does this guy Lippman do for them besides talk about them on the news now and then.

I am hoping that the State mentions her name a gazillion times.

I'm envisioning a wide array of huge gorgeous pictures of Caylee all over the courtroom to remind the jury what this long fight was for.

:heartbeat:

I just posted a question about why they have an attorney in the lawyers thread. I never understood either why they needed attorneys from the very beginning. What does this guy Lippman do for them besides talk about them on the news now and then.

One of the first days after Casey was arrested Jose brought over a movie about a case where the whole family should have had lawyers and not talked to the police I believe.

Lee told his mom and dad not to take LDT's.

Can you guys please tell me when Casey got mad in court today and when Ashton did this, I want to see also.

During the expert testimony regarding the sawing open of Caylee's skull. JA showed the LARGE photo to the expert, and then placed it right in front of ICA. It looked real close to the defense table, but the camera tends to flatten things out. She made a fake emotional response and JB got up, went around the table and moved or covered the photo. Then ICA was mad.

Has anyone here figured out what else she was saying? I did notice at one other point today that when she was speaking to the person beside her she wasn't covering her mouth--a sign of falling apart???

I bet the guards present when the conviction is ... I mean when the verdict is read are prepared for anything.

I think she's telling one of her attorneys she can't take the document back to her cell... she appears to be saying ...what do you want me to do, say please? Notice how Jose picks the document up & says something to the guard and then lays it back down on the table.

Yes, she did appear to be honestly horrified that the nanny had stolen Caylee, and that LE had to help her find the child immediately. But why does she lie about calling George about the pool ladder at this same time, 7/16 and 7/17? Why should she lie about this so early on??:waitasec:

Was it proven that she did not make the call from her cell phone?

At the end of the day they do not hate each other. They do their jobs!

I"ve seen these two laughing together and seemingly joking around with each other a few times. Boy that must burn KC up!:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay