2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it all, I still don't know why the A's refused lie detectors at the very beginning and why they all hired attorneys for themselves.....anyone?

Because they were lying and did not want to be caught?

I Think he was trying to say that Cindy maintains that she did watch a neck breaking video.....And perhaps "someone else" did a neck breaking search.

so basically what they are back tracking to say now is...Cindy maintains she still searched these items, never said on the 17th or 21st, and that someone very well may have searched chloroform, she was just speaking for herself...

IIRC on the stand,Cindy kept answering "if that's when the searches were ,then yes". Things along that vain,so she never actually said March 17 and 21 specifically. It was clear she was covering her butt ,then and even more obvious now.

I had business I had to attend to on behalf of my Husband the past two days. (I said they were errands but they had to be taken care of)

Thanks so much for posting on the trial thread!

I thought this picture taken this afternoon was especially interesting.

http://www.facebook.com/media/album...88692429.79920.174731405877338&type=1&theater

For some reason I got this song in my head looking at it (dont ask me why?) My apologies to Mr. Sinatra who I basically worship.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gd5SXN-YDc&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Frank Sinatra - My way‬‏[/ame]

Regarding casey getting mad at the end of court ----- she didn't

I was watching her on casey cam on wtftv and she throws up arms up in the air while grinning/smiling. The blonde lady guard behind her is smiling at her as if they share a little banter between them. Just before that the guard speaks to one of the lawyers (I'm assuming it's about reading/signing a document)

I can honestly say Casey didnt get mad at all - tbh it seemed like a very relieved group of people (inc guard) that were making light of a long long day

If I can find it later at the angle i saw it from I'll post it x

I have always felt bad for Casey too and I could not figure out why. I think it is because she is so young and the family is just so dysfunctional and weird in my eyes but I would think if something really traumatic would have happened to her growing up JB would have referred to it in his defense.

This whole case is sad all around but I believe the evidence definately without a doubt proves that Casey killed poor Caylee and she has to pay for what she did.

BBM

I agree. The family is dysfunctional, no doubt about it. But I see them as co-dependent enablers, toxic people in denial. But the truly abusive person seemed to be Casey herself. The total thief and the pathological liar, the selfish one, that was Casey. The family circled their wagons and become toxic liars as well. They wanted to look like a good wholesome family so they lied and propped up Casey, pretending she was a working, college student and a great mother. imoo

Thanks for posting this. I'm not a lip reader but here's my take. ICA was looking at papers. She said (paraphrasing) 'I can't take them with me' in a smart arse kind of way then she pushed the papers along with the pen. She turned around to the guard and said something... I think she was still complaining about the paper incident but the guard wanted her to leave. Then she told her lawyer something like 'you have to bring them to me.' Very animated, total smart arse, enunciating every word like they were too dense to understand she couldn't take it back to her cell. After the guard got her moving she turned around to continue talking then the guard showed her who's boss.

IMO

Whoa! If you listen to CAs attorney on HLN (yes, I ceased my boycott), she covered her behind in the way she worded her testimony about the internet searches. Very interesting. No perjury based on semantics and context. How much practice with her lawyer did that take? Wow.

Cindy and Lippman have both been attending a lot of tap-dancing classes. In that regard, yeah, they did a lot of "practicing". jmo

Posted this in the trial thread-

b8509934-4559-4eff-96e2-45c4fcc4a70c_300.jpg

Linda was very direct and to the point in her questioning. She asked the first witness (Gentiva lawyer) about how long a user stays logged in when using a computer and if the activity is recorded. The witness answered that every worker has their own log in information and password and that you usually stay log in for for 5 hours if you're not using the computer. Linda then asked about activity on specific dates. (I don't know if you've noticed it, but when Linda wants you to pay attention she puts emphasis on certain words. She did that here.) The witness then confirmed that there was a lot of user activity related to a patient of Mrs. Anthony on those dates and performed by Cindy Anthony's log in informaion.

7191e1e6-d8c7-44ca-9b6b-a6ee4ee15a7d_300.jpg

The next witness (Gentiva Supervisor) stated that even if your user information stays logged in, the computer logs off after 15 minutes. She also made it very clear that someone could not be at home, yet have the records show that that person was at work. (She answered with a very clear "NO!") The witness stated that she checks the records every day before sending them to another department. She stated that messing with time cards is ILLEGAL and she had not done it.

Jose Baez spend maybe 5 minutes cross-examining both witnesses. Had nothing useful to state.

It was very clear for the jury, most definitely.

After that we had two doctors. Dr. Goldberger says he did a cranial wash because it was best way not to disturb skull (as compared to sawing it open).

46eef054-f77f-407e-909e-2edd94ca4e2d_300.jpg

Dr. Warren said its not considered best practice to saw open a skull in a skeletal case. rebutting what Dr. Sptiz said.

2ea484ac-846d-4f7b-aedc-9435ffd5548e_300.jpg

Stenger searched Anthony computer files for keywords: chlorophyll, neck, hand sanitizer, bamboo and Gentiva. Stenger says he found no reference to chlorophyll with any spelling. He also stated that neck breaking was entered by a human being in google search. It was definitely not a pop up of any kind. No internet searches for bamboo either.

f26c6c02-60dc-42de-9114-83129f93f0cd_300.jpg

Osborne searched the harddrive (not internet searches) and said she only found 1 reference to "chlorophyll" and it was in a dictionary file. (Microsoft Office, probably). Hand sanitizer never appeared. but bamboo did -- bamboo flooring, bamboo furniture, figurines, but no bamboo as it relates to dogs.

647db512-f538-44e8-b2d4-958b32574880_300.jpg

Melich testified that there were no calls between Cindy Anthony to George Anthony on June 16, 2008. (Related to Cindy calling George about the ladder being up). Jose brought up that George Anthony might've had multiple cellphones. Judge said it was hearsay.

And that was pretty much it.

Great post, very well done with the pics of witnesses. Thanks alot!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0pRxHamdQM"]Are Cindy Anthony's Pants on FIre?[/ame]

"I don't want to call Cindy Anthony a liar, but I think her pants are definitely on fire..."

RSBM....

This just almost made me puke. I never put it together like that really but my god - yep...that's the type of thing she was up to "lemme introduce you to my man and if he likes you, you can live a little longer"

Yep. It's horrifying. And I sincerely hope that the prosecution makes this clear to the jury, that THIS is what ICA was thinking when she looked at her baby girl.

ICA saw her baby as a tumor. She spent days or even weeks pretending to LOVE while she plotted how to murder. Where other parents wish to give their child more, ICA only wanted to take, and she took from this baby everything it was and everthing it could be. Ever. That laughing little bundle of life is gone forever. And ICA does not care. She didn't care when she planned the murder, she didn't care when she killed her, she didn't care when she let her rot in the trunk of her car, she didn't care when she tossed her into the trash. She CELEBRATED. She got a COMMEMORATIVE TATTOO to mark her freedom.

I'm shocked they didn't bring in Cindy's Myspace post (My Caylee is Missing) because it goes directly to motive.

Anyone know if they can read it during closing arguments?

TIA

IMO

I just posted a question about why they have an attorney in the lawyers thread. I never understood either why they needed attorneys from the very beginning. What does this guy Lippman do for them besides talk about them on the news now and then.

It's standard in a high profile DP case. I worked a high profile Amber Alert case and there were lawyers out the gazoo! Some of it is about PR, and to advise about court proceedings.

Can the State use the videotape of Caylee singing "You are my sunshine" in their closing?

Regarding casey getting mad at the end of court ----- she didn't

I was watching her on casey cam on wtftv and she throws up arms up in the air while grinning/smiling. The blonde lady guard behind her is smiling at her as if they share a little banter between them. Just before that the guard speaks to one of the lawyers (I'm assuming it's about reading/signing a document)

I can honestly say Casey didnt get mad at all - tbh it seemed like a very relieved group of people (inc guard) that were making light of a long long day

If I can find it later at the angle i saw it from I'll post it x
Here is does not look like the guard is smiling and she pretty much pushes Casey through the door.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28424275/index.html

Wow! Thank you. My video cut out before I got to see this today. Is this the same little happy, model prisoner the guards were testifying about the other day?

I saw part of this before my feed cut out -- to me it looked like either:

1. She was reading a plea deal (Death Penalty with CF) and she was saying no way, not unless you get duct tape thrown in too! More seriously, she didn't like the paper...proposed jury instructions, judges order today on closing statements??

or.....

2. She was tossing a hissy fit because JB, CM and all the team were on that side of the table laughing it up with the STATE and she was sitting there all alone and saying you should be here with me.
(Or at least give me crayons and markers!)

Yes, she did appear to be honestly horrified that the nanny had stole Caylee, and that LE had to help her find the child immediately. But why does she lie about calling George about the pool ladder at this same time, 7/16 and 7/17? Why should she lie about this so early on??:waitasec:

BBM~

CA WAS probably honestly horrified because she knew that there was NO nanny, just like she knew there was NO job, which she basically said in the Myspace posting.

I think you said upthread that this family has known for a very long time what ICA is. (At least I think it was you...sorry if it wasn't!) I agree with this. I think that the whole family had been covering for ICA for probably most of her life. This is just what they had to do, in their minds...

I think that in some weird way CA thought that having Caylee would somehow change Casey...that she would FINALLY be able to take responsibility for once in her life. What a tall order for an innocent baby. As this trial has unfolded (particularly in just the last few days) the picture of this family is coming into focus, IMO. I have come to believe that the 'Anthony Family Secret' IS Casey, and what they knew, in their collective hearts that she was.

THEY KNEW...before the car was even found. But felt compelled to continue to do what they have done for years, and that's clean up Casey's mess. LITERALLY. I am not excusing them in any way, and I honestly feel that CA needs to be held accountable for all that I believe that she has done to obstruct justice for Caylee, but on some level I do feel some sympathy for them, having lived with a monster in their midst for so long. But I wonder if the 'coverup' was something that was almost AUTOMATIC for CA, and once it was started, well...the die had been cast, KWIM?

Another thing that I would really love to know is...what exactly was LA referring to in the jailhouse vid when he asks, 'is this like the LAST TIME'? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay