2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tia M said:
ICA arguing with the guards because I guess she thought she could just sit and socialize in the courtroom while court is in indefinite recess.

Guards firm with her, and after a minute or two she stomped off.

She's an attorney, don't cha know....:innocent:

Baez and ICA is a match made in hell..they both belong and deserve each other...

If he knew CA was going to change her testimony, then he knew she was going to lie (and is a big no no for an officer of the court) so that those choloform searches won't add up to the premediation of her crime against Caylee...I believe Baez should be disbarred, never able to practice law again...

I wonder why the CO's are hawking ICA as they are. They seemed to be very lax in the beginning but after the court was stopped to examine ICA's competency to continue to aid in her trial, that changed. They now stand behind her...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

What will the consequences for JB be when we find out this IS imaginary (IMO)

I think he should be sequestered (like the poor jury) for a week at Days Inn with the Wiggles as his mates for the week with only videos of the trial.Just thinking what would be pure torture and that would fit the criteria.

Bob Kealing is tweeting he thinks we will be in recess for an hour or two.
Meanwhile RH apparently is singing Zippidy do dah about imaginary issues for Mr. Baez.

Hi all,

First time poster, long time lurker/reader.

Does the jury know why it's being delayed today? Will they know it's a DT issue?

Changed my plans - library shelves can wait, I'm heading for the liquor store. Can I get you guys anything?

O/T Happy Canada Day to all of my Canadian friends on WS.

xoxoxo matou

This is what I was so worried about yesterday. I'm glad that Judge Perry said that we will work late this evening and through the long weekend. What an incompetent lawyer. Doesn't he realize that delaying this trial and annoying the jury is NOT good for his defendant?

Personally, I think that may be part of his tactic - pushing this jury against the wall and hoping for a 'rushed' verdict.

I think HHJP inteds this to be a few hour delay hence not calling a full day. If they only have to depose the toxciologist for 10 min this shouldn't be too long. Now on the other hand with the Gentiva searches, it is what it is IMO. CA's impeachment will be the biggest blow to the case.

My daughter-in-law just texted me and said she's at the gym and 'alot' of people think casey is innocent and that her dad did it. Im speechless!

wow.
this is why the defense spent all that time and put on all those witnesses. tell all those people to tune in for closing arguments. they just don't know, and the wizard of kc has turned their attention away from what really happened. only temporary i'm sure. better be anyway.
wow

Bob Kealing is tweeting he thinks we will be in recess for an hour or two.
Meanwhile RH apparently is singing Zippidy do dah about imaginary issues for Mr. Baez.

This DT is sending poor Hornsby round the bend, I swear! His tweets crack me up!

I'm steaming at the DT!!!!! I'm going to pay bills.:maddening:

I'll be back.

I think JB is more defending himself from the discovery violations by doing his patented "Mom! But Billy Did It TOOO WAAAAHHHHH!" defense in an effort to throw the SA under the bus and save himself.

It isn't going to fly as he cannot seem to grasp the differing natures between Primary Case and Rebuttal Case. (Hey JB they are allowed to investigate and provide proof that your witnesses lied. They can't offer any "new" opinions. They can however offer evidence that counters what you put forth. For example those "State computer experts". They are not "expert witnesses. They are LE investigators.

You always put JB's actions in perspective for us FF,but what I don't get is ,the other DT lawyers are experienced . Why do THEY let him do this ?

Citation of HHJP allowing the State to shirk the rules of the Court, please?

If anything HHJP leans toward favoring the DT in his rulings, not the state. I like how a poster put it yesterday. He treats JA like the older child who should know better, and JB like the baby.

Imagine if your Doctor was as incompetent as this. I'm at a loss for words really.
They didn't know CA would lie after they coached her too?
They didn't expect the state to re test the cranial wash after Dr Spitz's only finding was cranial debris but didn't bother testing it himself?
They didn't know that Dr Spitz isn't current in his life long field and could be rebutted?

Untie your knot Casey. Your t*** aren't going to save you this time.

This is what I was so worried about yesterday. I'm glad that Judge Perry said that we will work late this evening and through the long weekend. What an incompetent lawyer. Doesn't he realize that delaying this trial and annoying the jury is NOT good for his defendant?

I think that's what HHJP was alluding to when he said to Baez about the jurors wanting to go home. The warning probably flew right over Baez's head though.

Wouldn't you just know that another wrench has been thrown in, thanks to no one other than Cindy. She must just be pleased as pie with herself right now, I wonder if she has that little smirk on her face. She loves being the eye of the storm. Oh well.. guess I have no excuse now not to do some housework....ugghh..

This is absolutely ridiculous, I am disgusted with BOTH SIDES!!!
Ashton contradicted himself when the judge asked how long they will need. "Just the new info, should be brief." Baez: "So you are saying there is new info?" Ashton: "NO. I. AM. NOT."
Huh???
I thought the state's rebuttal had to be new testimony, not covered in their CIC. If this is nothing new, why bring them in? I don't get it.

Baez getting what he wants is good for the SAO? Baez wanted a delay, he's getting one. HHJP called an indefinite recess.

How is that favourable to the SAO?

He wanted to judge to disallow the testimony, just like the judge has done MULTIPLE times to the defense. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV