2011.07.03 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dottie's looking chipper..bet she's glad this is almost over!

God help us all...

ryansmithtv Ryan Smith

Update from CNN's Martin Savidge: Baez says JP told him he can take as long as he needs for closing argument

3 minutes ago

Baez also says Casey is innocent.

'Nuff said. :rolleyes:

I thought each side had 4 hours. Not that I think that much is necessary, nor did the Judge, he just gave them that since they had no idea.

defense closing thread is back open

weeeeeeeeee

JB started his whining... I mean closing statement at 11:17 a.m., so he's only been at it for 43 minutes even though it's seemed like days. He's got 3 hours and 13 minutes left if you go by the 4 hour rule.

ty... time i will never get back:banghead:

I bet she is having a fake meltdown to delay everything, Can they proceed without her in court?

coming up on 15 minutes late. What IS going on behind those closed doors?

awwww

that chevy commercial with the song 'you are my sunshine' was just on HLN

I have seen that several times during the airing of live trial coverage and you gotta wonder about the timing of it....:waitasec:

God help us all...

ryansmithtv Ryan Smith

Update from CNN's Martin Savidge: Baez says JP told him he can take as long as he needs for closing argument

3 minutes ago

Taking too long is going to blow up in his face. The state kept it short and sweet because of their confidence in their case and the jury knows it. The defense keeps talking, much like KC and CA keep talking, hoping to obscure things enough that you won't notice that they have nothing.

Uh oh, almost 10 minutes late in resuming afternoon closing arguments. And they have been in the judges chamber an hour and a half now. Wonder what is going on....

A plea ?????

No hashing out the jury instructions !

I always wondered how four people rode in KC's car with a huge car seat, I am glad to know the date was wrong, explains that CA had car seat and Caylee. I also wonder why JB got all these atty's for KC but doesn't use them. "Huge Waste".

Thats because JB is well known for being fast and loose with details that dont necessarily FIT but sounds so convincing when he says them...I too believe LDB will expose that to the jury....Right along with all those peeps who didnt smell decomp..

TL ?? well with a gas can open and pouring..what else you smell besides gas vapors?
Amscott employee..Smell...Car parked beside a Garbage dumpster..
and so on....But the ones who did smell it KNEW that specific odor!!!

ETA~~ Oh yeah..it was JB who referred to KC as the S Word...JA referred to her activities as Typical for YOUNG SINGLE ADULTS....Hmmmm Does JB believe his client acted like the S WORD???..Speaks volumns!!

We going back soon..so will sit on my hands until JB is finished!!!

Believe it or not, Bill is correct.

Baez actually teaches courses on how to use the Internet as a lawyer's best friend.

Amazing, isn't it? :giggle:

He may teach them how to use the Internet etc. but he was not correct on how a hard drive gets overwritten when files are deleted. I was very impressed that the investigators even search via hexadecimal. Very old school.

Things I hope LDB brings up in her rebuttal closing (based on what JB has said so far in his closing):

-when the friends were in the car and didn't smell anything (since it was before June 16th)
-the fact that Casey herself admitted that the car smelled and tried to cover it by saying George must have run over an animal
-why would Casey abandon a perfectly working car for 3 days in a parking lot when all it needed was a little gas? If the smell was simply due to the garbage, then why didn't Casey simply remove the garbage, since she was complaining of the smell?
-that George reported the gas cans because someone had been on his property and broken into his shed (and not simply because of the property itself that was stolen).
-that George didn't call 911 due to the smell b/c Cindy had been talking to Casey during the 2 weeks that the car had been in the tow yard, and there was no reason to suspect that Caylee was dead.
-that George brought gas cans b/c it was reasonable to assume the car might be out of gas since just a few weeks prior Casey had broken into his shed to get gas for her car (and there had been other times when Casey had run out of gas).
-that some people at the house on July 15th didn't notice the smell of the car b/c Cindy had sprayed it and left the doors and trunk open to let it air out (and therefore the smell wouldn't be as strong).

Anything else based on what JB has said so far?

I would add that JB said that GA told the tow yard witness that the car had been at Amscott parking lot for 3 days prior to arriving at the tow yard. Was that info somewhere in the letter the A's received from the tow yard? It seemed odd to me and I would like it to be cleared up.

Sure, why didn't he?

Doesn't matter.

George had nothing to do with Caylee's death. Nothing.

What George should have done that day, while interesting to ponder, is irrelevant.

My opinions...

It's not irrelevant in the least if a jury is considering accidental death and if George knew.

Purple was Caylee's favorite color

Or so the A's would have us believe... I noticed Cindy wore purple when testifying for the defense, not the prosecution. That tells me purple was more for the inmate, not Caylee. MOO

Why is the DT running around the courtroom?

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

86ihp.jpg

Posted on Twitter a few minutes ago, here's Richard Hornsby patiently waiting for closing to resume.

Uh oh, almost 10 minutes late in resuming afternoon closing arguments. And they have been in the judges chamber an hour and a half now. Wonder what is going on....

More defense team stalling so they can give the Inmate more acting lessons, or try to get a delay due to her being "upset".

Baez will do anyting to get out on that boat with Geraldo for some tutoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HNDere