2011.07.03 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the JURY will have the case today? or do you think closing statements will take more than one day?

Just like his client.
Gotta wonder how the guy is feeling right now. Is he pumped and thinking he's got this covered? (don't think so based on his demeanor over the last few days)

Or is his stomach in knots, wondering how he can put in a last ditch effort to save face ? I don't think he's thinking of his clients freedom or incarceration right now, it's all about his ego.

I am convinced the state is pumped and so ready for this.
He probably can't wait to see Casey and try to look down her shirt again.
I caught it purely by chance, but he did it! In front of the cameras.
I posted it in "What I learned today 7/1/11"

it's alomost over... doubt she will keep him on for appeal unless she has to!
I hope his wife smacked him for that!

Good Morning my WS family. Its been a long time coming waiting for the closing arguments. Lets remember Caylee!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T613YgLw_HE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T613YgLw_HE[/ame]

Morning. I have not been able to sleep the past few nights. Praying for justice for Caylee soon.

:yes:

I predicted on another thread that the verdict will go something like: "We the jury in the above entitled action, find the defendant Casey Marie Anthony..."

CUT TO COMMERCIAL!

seriously !

But on this note -

Thank you to all the WS trial posters, it would be impossible to follow this trial without you.
(even the ones I disagree with lol)

Look at these tweets from Beth Karas. I'd never realized that the vote could be split like she is describing.

Beth Karas InSession
FIRST DEGREE MURDER can be committed in two ways: premeditated or felony murder. While the indictment against Casey charges only premeditated murder, the jury will be able to consider felony murder also. Felony murder is causing a death during the course of a felony. Here, the underlying felony is aggravated child abuse. (See next post for remainder.)
13 hours ago via iPhone

Beth Karas InSession
FIRST DEGREE MURDER PART 2: The jury does not have to be unanimous on the theory of first degree murder. That means, for example, that 7 jurors could vote for premeditated murder and 5 vote for felony murder. Regardless of the jury's vote breakdown, it would still be a verdict for first degree murder.
13 hours ago via iPhone ·

I am so glad you posted this..I knew I had heard this 7/5 early on, then the more I pursued it, I couldnt find it...thank you so much.

Good morning everyone, are your ready?

Someone asked how many attorneys will speak? Usually only the lead attorney does, but you know this case is not going as usual

I can't wait to hear the State, I'm betting LDB does it.

JB, well, maybe that is when the storm will roll through and I will not half to force myself. 4 hours!!!! I truly hope he has learned something in the last few weeks, read HHJP's recommended closing argument article, and keeps it short a sweet.

May the jurors come to their decision with wisdom and be at peace with their choices. (And finally get to go home soon.)

Good Morning All! Weren't you all here when I left this board 4.5 hours ago? Did anyone get any sleep at all?:great:

Finally coming to closing arguments! I so remember JA's opening arguments which had me in tears so long ago - and this will be an incredible day!

I hope we can stay away from the really cutting comments about the family and keep aware of what a solemn occasion this really is. There will be lots of time for family analysis and critique when today is over.

Three years people, and here we finally are. Justice for Caylee!:rocker:

Does it start at 8:30 or 9am? I thought JP told the jury 9 but I assume there would be "stuff" to deal with before hand.

I can't wait to see how quickly the other DT attorneys disassociate themselves with Baez when this is completely over. I wonder which one will be the first to bash him in the public spotlight.

Morning 21Merc7 - wasn't Baez complaining they were both doing part of it? I think so!

Hang on...I'll flush the toilet now....

Nope... toilet water comes from everywhere. But with the bathroom sink it goes counter-clockwise.
ETA: wonder if this will make it to the 'what did we learn today' thread? :floorlaugh:

ETA 2: Vegemite is black. AFAIK it was banned in the US because of the high folate content?
If you ever try it, smear it on your bread sparingly.
There's a new one that has cheese mixed into it...never tried that one though.

so he was telling the truth maybe. Here it goes clockwise...

ETA, hi everybody..Im here, coffee in hand and ready ..

May the gods/goddess keep "OUR CAYLEE" as a twinkling star, to shine bright, to shine strong and may the gods/goddess bless judge Perry, JA, LDB and the LE and those of us who are a voice for CAYLEE

Remember to do purple today. Good grief, this is going to be a day of tears. I wish this was a tv show instead of being real.

You'll never find a tv show with the twists, turns, drama, comedy, suspense, shock of this trial & and I'll add, you'ld be hard pressed to find a virtuosa performance like that by Jeff Aston by any actor anywhere.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5UarkfR-mc"]YouTube - ‪Remember Caylee Anthony‬‏[/ame]

Morning 21Merc7 - wasn't Baez complaining they were both doing part of it? I think so!

Yes, but I truly thought he just did not understand what closing arguments mean. :floorlaugh: Who knows what the plan is!

O/T I just bought some more gummy vites, I looked at the new ones with Omega 3. Well, there was a free sample of an Omega 3 gummy vite included. Spit, yuck, awful! Do not buy those for your children. I had to eat some mustard to get that taste out. I know, I know, a middle aged woman eating gummy vitamins. Well, I can't take pills easily, so I buy chewables. :loser:

ETA: Vegamite! I love it, can still get it here in U.S. in right store.

Good Morning and Thank you all,

Now Present,Rested and Ready for closings and soon Verdict
( 4-5 days? My guess)

(I took a day and 1/2 away from the computer and case
after my little meltdown on Friday. My apologies for loong post.)

Thunderstorm rolling thru my area for last 2 hrs,
hope it stops w/o losing power,I will be very upset if no cable/internet.

Hope all goes well today and no more delays.
Hugs to all

We all know that objections are often made by both sides to ruin the flow of witness testimony. Objections can be made during closings and if this happens a lot, it will be a mockery of our system. It is my opinion that this subject has been discussed by the judge and he will nip it in the bud if it gets out of control.

JB may allow the other three to participate in closings for the simple fact he cannot come up with enough to say to fill the four hours he has been given. (I assume AF will be there today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985