2011.07.03 Sidebar Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that I've heard no snarky, sarcastic tone at all from this female attorney.

No, none.

And when she is put in charge of babysitting ICA, she just respectfully covers her mouth and speaks to her.

There is none of the whisper/giggle/whisper crud that went on with M. Medina.

I love how HHJP seems to enjoy letting her stretch her little newbie wings a bit, and I think he relishes the role of "professor" with her.

He probably would have been more like this with Baez had he shown any desire to learn anything, as opposed to acting like a know-it-all who didn't.

Is there a link with video feed

For what's going on now?
I'm on wftv.com.

Please someone explain what's going on?
Are they changing the charges or how they are explained to the jury?
I don't think I like this?

I am so sorry - I never ask this - but WTH happened? I had to go away from this and do good deeds so I could feel humane again

did SA finish?
Why is LF doing this
Where is JB/ CM - JA/FG/LDB?

DT would not.shut.up. SA rebuttal at 830. CM next to LF and JB left.

Juror instruction review.
Closing1.jpg

I've seen Baez smile at the jury, never a smirk and I have never seen him smirk or laugh at the prosecution during this trial, while Mr. Ashton has continuously done it along with rolling his eyes and other rude expressions. Sunny Hostin was right, and many other people have noticed it as well. Baez and Mason have occasionally had a small smile... never like the one Ashton was doing this afternoon.
I started out this morning thinking that Ashton was really giving a fantastic closing, and I was ready to spank myself for ever being critical of him, although I have noticed him being disrespectful many times. HOWEVER... when he sat there with that big wide grin with his hand not even attempting to cover it, all my newfound respect for him went straight out the window.
Baez and his whole team were attentive and respectful throughout Mr. Ashton's speech, for over an hour. The LEAST he could have done was afford Baez the same respect.
And YES, Baez should be fined for contempt as well for losing his temper and calling attention to it in that way. But I think he probably just snapped and couldn't deal with it anymore. What some may not know is that this was brought to the judge's attention right after lunch before court reconvened, according to Beth Karas, because he was smiling and grinning throughout most of Baez's closing this morning.
JMO, but the man is a jerk, and he needs to be called down about it.

I remember mostly during the opening thinking that JA was laughing when JB brought up KC having her dad's weiner in her mouth every day. I laughed too though. It was hard not too. Did anyone notice that during the opening statement?

ICA changed her voice to pick up TL's Long Island accent. Listening to Ms. Fryer's responses to the charges "no objections", I think ICA's quiet court voice is mimicking Ms. Fryer's young attorney voice.

I am so sorry - I never ask this - but WTH happened? I had to go away from this and do good deeds so I could feel humane again

did SA finish?
Why is LF doing this
Where is JB/ CM - JA/FG/LDB?
Not over yet...LDB tomorrow. Jose has left the building.

Did JB leave the courthouse? I saw a clip on HLN of him walking outside the courthouse and only hear the young girl talking. My feed is only showing judge is not showing the DT at all.

Yes he did leave the courthouse.

Your guess is as good as mine as to the reasons why.

This part that they are working on right now--the charging jury instructions--are one of the most important part of a trial. These instructions are what guide the jurors in their deliberations.

I am utterly stunned that he would not be present to help hammer these instructions out to the best benefit of his client.

I have never seen an attorney not be present for this important preparation--not ever.

For what's going on now?
I'm on wftv.com.

Please someone explain what's going on?
Are they changing the charges or how they are explained to the jury?
I don't think I like this?

They're just finishing up jury instructions. Remember way way way way back this morning HHJP was mad they hadn't written them out. This is continuing from lunchtime. I think.

I remember mostly during the opening thinking that JA was laughing when JB brought up KC having her dad's weiner in her mouth every day. I laughed too though. It was hard not too. Did anyone notice that during the opening statement?

I could swear that I've seen HHJP cover his mouth to keep his smile secret, also, during this trial.

haven’t we been looking for a theory of defense that worked

I think he just agreed with JA

LOL kent, I read your post really fast and it looked like "gulp cake" and I thought oh, man, ANOTHER american treat I dont' have access to. I want Gulp Cake!

Today, while residing in my jammies, ANYTHING in the kitchen that contained sugar and flour was GULP CAKE!!! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beachpeach