2011.07.03 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for anyone?
I always thought the catalyst for killing Caylee was revenge on her mother.....why was the state not able to bring in the argument the night before the last day Caylee was seen--you know, the one that had CINDY choking Casey and threatening to take Caylee away? Does ANYONE have any idea why the state said it was just another evening at home?

Perhaps because it is hearsay? Or was it that the Anthony's denied this afterwards?

Baez is still there. He is at the end of the table. Stop spreading rumor as fact.

Good grief. Why are they bumbling around so much. It has been three years!

IMHO, Casey looks even more ridiculous in that chair.

Casey and her DT deliberately wanted her to look smaller than she is. Casey is probably about my height and weight (yeah, I'm 61), but I do not look that small or insignificant when seated. Casey's chair could be raised and/or lowered, and she and her team made sure that she appeared as demure as possible when seated in the courtroom. I didn't buy it, and I doubt that the jury did, either. jmo

That is ridiculous. My 9-month-old looks bigger in his high chair. This is just obvious and stupid. JMO

She makes Lisabeth look like an Amazon Woman! *rolleyes*

And we as well as everyone else can see the height differences in the chairs, yes?

By looking at the chair backs, it's a good 6 inches at least. :loser:

LF said the Brooks case and HHJP said "I can't think of the name of the case" and LF nad to say that was the Brooks case. :lol:

My obscure fact for the day.....Dorothy Sims office is about 14 miles from Lowell Prison. I am on other side of town. Maybe she can visit the inmate on Sundays.

I remember mostly during the opening thinking that JA was laughing when JB brought up KC having her dad's weiner in her mouth every day. I laughed too though. It was hard not too. Did anyone notice that during the opening statement?

Baez cannot have it both ways. He makes snide jokes, like 'Whu Cut Da Cheeze?' and Fantasy Forensics.... I am sure he expects some smiles from the audience when he says sarcastic, snide, snarky things liked that. I do not find fault with the SA smiling along with the audience. imoo

When he called out Ashton Baez was making references to Phantom Stains and Fantasy Forensics... wasn't he expecting some smiles from that?

HLN just showed JB walking no media around him just a jogger who jogged right on by. Wonder when this was taken?

It was just a few minutes ago, gmt. When Judge Perry left the courtroom to retrieve his charging document, Baez left the building.

CM is quite proud of his protoge. Bill S said earlier that she graduated top in her law school class and had the highest bar score of the whole group that tested

I have to say I am very intrigued and impressed by her so far....especially knowing this is probably her FIRST case where she took the helm at one point...

I see another LDB in the making...

Sure wish I was local as I would like to follow her defending a different case...

Long Islander here! Long Beach that is. I didn't notice KC having a Long Island accent....I think I would have. When do you mean?

In her call home from jail when she is demanding Tony's phone number, you can hear it. It isn't really a proper LI accent, but when I heard Tony give his testimony, I could hear the similarities.

They're just finishing up jury instructions. Remember way way way way back this morning HHJP was mad they hadn't written them out. This is continuing from lunchtime. I think.

Yes, Thank you. I remember.
But I thought Jury instructions were just here are the charges
and the penalties for each.
and of course all the reasonable doubt stuff.

This seems like the DT gets to decide with the Judge
which charges they can include?

IDK- I just am not getting it.
I think my brain is fried from watching this from so early
this morning:crazy:
Anyone want to try to help me understand? TIA

Yes he did leave the courthouse.

Your guess is as good as mine as to the reasons why.

This part that they are working on right now--the charging jury instructions--are one of the most important part of a trial. These instructions are what guide the jurors in their deliberations.

I am utterly stunned that he would not be present to help hammer these instructions out to the best benefit of his client.

I have never seen an attorney not be present for this important preparation--not ever.

JB is there, he is sitting at the far end of the DT table where EF & Medina normally sit.

I'm not going to disagree with you about JA, but apparently you have missed the mulitple times JB has done the same or similar things when JA has been up, including tossing his pen back and forth while staring at the ceiling while leaning way way back in his chair, his eyes doing quite a bit of rolling....this really has been a 50/50 dealio between the two of them since day one. If you've missed it you've only watched one side closely.
Don't forget the time Baez bounced all giddy in his seat, grinning. He's done that a couple of times. And the head shaking/smirk combo, and rolling his eyes a lot when LDB is talking.

Jeff Ashton isn't innocent in their little spat. I agree it's 50/50. I don't know how someone could miss Baez behaving just as childish. To be frank, I think HHJP is about sick of the both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay